Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Radio 1's target demographic is 14-24, I believe.

Obviously people outside that age range listen too, but the controllers (rightly) don't give a shit what they think of their programming.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
Radio gets me angry.

It seems to be the thing with radio that anyone who has to work on breakfast shows HAS to talk non stop for the duration of the show. I’ve given up and gone over to 5 live – at least you know what you’re getting. I was a Kerrang! listener until a few months ago when ugly Phil was replaced by Tim Shaw and Kate Lawler. It’s gone from predominantly music with the occasional talky bits which were quite funny. (Ringing up record shops and asking for fictitious records such as ‘Hello Mate have you got Don’t come crawling to me just because you’ve got no legs by Coldplay?) to the 2 of them constantly banging on about bollocks and playing one (shit) record in between. Music with attitude? Bollocks. More like listen to this it’s a cure for insomnia. The afternoon show is just as bad. The bird who just played music and kept her gob shut has been replaced by a bloke who won’t button it. Who decided I wanted to listen to that shit?

As for Moyles. What a wanker. Quite how anyone can listen to someone talking about themselves for 3 and a half hours 5 days a week is beyond me. If my wife tunes the clock radio into Radio 1 and I wake up listening to that fat tosspot I swear it puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. The day Radio 1 replaced Mark and Lard was the day I stopped listening. Bigedy bigedy bong. So it is.

And for those who say I’m not the demographic, you are quite right. But what choice do we have when Radio 2 is for pensioners & everything else is for kids? I can’t be the only person who thinks like this.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
The radio in my car has been locked since I had to replace the battery a couple of months ago (and now can't find the unlock code). Moyles and Mills were guaranteed to make me laugh on the way to an from work, I'm getting a tad bored of my mp3 player now so am gonna have to get the stereo sorted.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I used to listen to Pete and Geoff on Virgin in the mornings - in the beginning they were great - stupid sections where people rang in with strange dog names and stuff - great way to start the day....they were a bit tired by the end though which probably explains why they parted ways....

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
I catch 20 minutes of the Moyles show each morning. Although I initially found the show funny, I can't believe that several years down the line they're churning out the same old material every day.

Tedious link? You're not kidding!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I catch 20 minutes of the Moyles show each morning. Although I initially found the show funny, I can't believe that several years down the line they're churning out the same old material every day.

Tedious link? You're not kidding!

Good to see you understand the humour..........

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
f***ing right FRANK. For some reason, Radio 1 is RIDDLED with professional northerners and they bore my tits off, regaling stories of nightcloobs in "Chorleh" while empathising with twats who are listening and ringing in dedications from some tile factory in Castleford or a paint refinery in Warrington.

Look just f*** off Moyles you northern monkey. It's DULL for the rest of us. It's a good job the radio 1 play list is infinitely more varied than the complete SHITE that is southern based commercial pop stations like Crapital. Otherwise the writing would be on the wall.

Now you mention it I wish I'd said that :D

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If your a 30 something like me Virgin is worth a listen too at 10 as they always have an 80s hour!:whisky:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't argue with the ratings! I personally enjoy the show. If i wanted music i'd listen to my ipod

And millions of f*** wits read The Sun so you can argue with ratings. He embodies everything that is wrong with Britain in my opinion. A fat over weight man full of bluster and self importance with little talent.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Why do people who so obviously hate this man spend so much time listening to him.

get over to radio 4........... its great there.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I dont mind Moyles, I flick between him, Radio 4 and Southern FM news (only because my ex reads it).

Scott Mills is worth listening to on the way home too

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Radio gets me angry.

It seems to be the thing with radio that anyone who has to work on breakfast shows HAS to talk non stop for the duration of the show. I’ve given up and gone over to 5 live – at least you know what you’re getting. I was a Kerrang! listener until a few months ago when ugly Phil was replaced by Tim Shaw and Kate Lawler. It’s gone from predominantly music with the occasional talky bits which were quite funny. (Ringing up record shops and asking for fictitious records such as ‘Hello Mate have you got Don’t come crawling to me just because you’ve got no legs by Coldplay?) to the 2 of them constantly banging on about bollocks and playing one (shit) record in between. Music with attitude? Bollocks. More like listen to this it’s a cure for insomnia. The afternoon show is just as bad. The bird who just played music and kept her gob shut has been replaced by a bloke who won’t button it. Who decided I wanted to listen to that shit?

As for Moyles. What a wanker. Quite how anyone can listen to someone talking about themselves for 3 and a half hours 5 days a week is beyond me. If my wife tunes the clock radio into Radio 1 and I wake up listening to that fat tosspot I swear it puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. The day Radio 1 replaced Mark and Lard was the day I stopped listening. Bigedy bigedy bong. So it is.

And for those who say I’m not the demographic, you are quite right. But what choice do we have when Radio 2 is for pensioners & everything else is for kids? I can’t be the only person who thinks like this.

You are not alone.

That said I would moderate the wife/radio thing a bit.

Tell her that unless you can have Danny Baker on some sort of Radio London loop your marriage is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here