Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I had the misfortune of being somewhere today that had Radio 1 on from 6 in the morning until about 10 so I caught all of his show.

Does he ever shut the f*** up? What's the point in boasting about being a commercial free radio station if he talks fro 80-odd % of the time. I swear that it must have been 25 minutes before he played the 1st record AND he talked through it.

It's supposed to be a music station, you cock. Shut the f*** up and play music.

Oh, how I miss FIP.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Coming down is a bummer buzz.

Be grateful that Moyles is a peripheral character in your life.

BTW, get over to my babel fish thread...it is better than yours.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I had the misfortune of being somewhere today that had Radio 1 on from 6 in the morning until about 10 so I caught all of his show.

Does he ever shut the f*** up? What's the point in boasting about being a commercial free radio station if he talks fro 80-odd % of the time. I swear that it must have been 25 minutes before he played the 1st record AND he talked through it.

Oh, how I miss FIP.

You and me both, a professional Northerner and a total bore. Saviour of Radio One ? Please.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't argue with the ratings! I personally enjoy the show. If i wanted music i'd listen to my ipod

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

Oh, how I miss FIP.

what is FIP?

moylesy is a tubby, foul mouthed, stinking, gobshite but he is a top bloke. i dont like his radio show either, but he wouldnt have the slot and all that money if there weren't enough people who do.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You and me both, a professional Northerner and a total bore. Saviour of Radio One ? Please.
f***ing right FRANK. For some reason, Radio 1 is RIDDLED with professional northerners and they bore my tits off, regaling stories of nightcloobs in "Chorleh" while empathising with twats who are listening and ringing in dedications from some tile factory in Castleford or a paint refinery in Warrington.

Look just f*** off Moyles you northern monkey. It's DULL for the rest of us. It's a good job the radio 1 play list is infinitely more varied than the complete SHITE that is southern based commercial pop stations like Crapital. Otherwise the writing would be on the wall.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Oh, how I miss FIP.

I doubt you're in their target demographic, so I'm sure the Beeb don't give a f*** what you (or indeed I) think of it.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
what is FIP?

moylesy is a tubby, foul mouthed, stinking, gobshite but he is a top bloke. i dont like his radio show either, but he wouldnt have the slot and all that money if there weren't enough people who do.

FIP is a French radio station that we used to be able to get in Brighton. Absolutely no adverts, talking was perhaps every 4th song for a few seconds and it was in a soothing French voice. Very eclectic music from classical to trip hop to funk to rock to jazz to 60s soul. The broadcasting authorities shut down the illegal Brighton transmitter though. You can still get it online though.

I'm amazed at how people put up with this bloke. He's like Chris Evans without the charm. He's a bully, a misogynist, a name-dropper and just plain ignorant. :nono:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
what is FIP?.

FIP is a French (national) radio station, broadcasting from Paris, playing smooth jazz, blues, soul, a spot of Jacques Brel, spoken word poetry etc. Very mellow station to listen to.

You could get a decent signal of it in Brighton for a few years. It was something a fair few thought was an atmospheric anomaly until it transpired that someone was broadcasting it illegally from somewhere in the city.

The transmission has since been closed down until a proper licence was obtained, and it appears that it is back. Or at least it was a few days ago. You can always listen to it on t'internet.

Edit: f***, Buzzer types faster than me.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I'd rather be poked in the eye with a burnt stick than listen to Moyles, I'd rate him lower than Howard Stern, and even he scrapes the barrel when it comes to being a person inflicted with the joy of hearing his own verbal diarrhoea....

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I doubt you're in their target demographic, so I'm sure the Beeb don't give a f*** what you (or indeed I) think of it.

The demographic is not my point. It's the fact that a music station has a bloke that just talks for......oh f*** it. No point getting my knickers in a twist. Just amazed that people let him get away with being a ****.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The demographic is not my point. It's the fact that a music station has a bloke that just talks for......oh f*** it. No point getting my knickers in a twist. Just amazed that people let him get away with being a ****.

because hes been the biggest success on the station since Tony Blackburn

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
FIP is a French radio station that we used to be able to get in Brighton. Absolutely no adverts, talking was perhaps every 4th song for a few seconds and it was in a soothing French voice. Very eclectic music from classical to trip hop to funk to rock to jazz to 60s soul. The broadcasting authorities shut down the illegal Brighton transmitter though. You can still get it online though.

I'm amazed at how people put up with this bloke. He's like Chris Evans without the charm. He's a bully, a misogynist, a name-dropper and just plain ignorant. :nono:

ah ok. i have never heard of fip. i might look it up.

chris is nothing like that in real life/person. he is a top man and the last thing he is is ignorant. his radio show sucks but then like someone else said, it's not aimed at me either and i don't ever listen unless he is doing wobbly eyes or it's monday after a game.

thanks tlo as well. will give it a look.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

You're commenting on Radio 1 because you used to like it. You're now older. It's not aimed at you. Your opinion doesn't matter. Let it go man!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I like listening to Chris Moyles, but I don't listen to it for the music. If they just played music they sure as hell wouldn't the listeners that they do.

FIP was great, but would agree more with Buzzers description than TLO's. Was the most eclectic radio station I've ever listened to. Wonder what chance htere is of us getting it on DAB. Don't really listen to analogue anymore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here