This says £630k per year

How much does your favourite BBC presenter earn? : TV Scoop

This says around £650k

BBC forced to reveal cost of Chris Moyles show - Unofficialmills.co.uk

as does this

BBC could be forced to reveal salaries of top talent - Telegraph

This says £630k

Is Chris Moyles worth 630k? | Media | guardian.co.uk

and these figures are a few years old. I'm guessing that his pay is unlikely to have dropped significantly (probably the opposite). And this is just his pay from the Beeb. Voice overs, promos etc etc wouldn't be surprised if it's double that figure.

The average salary in the UK (latest ONS figures) is £489 per week or £25896 per year

630,000/25,896 = 24.32 time the average salary. I'd say 1/30th is a pretty good estimation (maybe considerably understated)

:thumbsup:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
How much does he earn?

This says £630k per year

How much does your favourite BBC presenter earn? : TV Scoop

This says around £650k

BBC forced to reveal cost of Chris Moyles show - Unofficialmills.co.uk

as does this

BBC could be forced to reveal salaries of top talent - Telegraph

This says £630k

Is Chris Moyles worth 630k? | Media | guardian.co.uk

and these figures are a few years old. I'm guessing that his pay is unlikely to have dropped significantly (probably the opposite). And this is just his pay from the Beeb. Voice overs, promos etc etc wouldn't be surprised if it's double that figure.

The average salary in the UK (latest ONS figures) is £489 per week or £25896 per year

630,000/25,896 = 24.32 time the average salary. I'd say 1/30th is a pretty good estimation (maybe considerably understated)

:thumbsup:

I saw a report saying that he had taken a 20 - 25% pay cut on his £630,000 salary from the Beeb. Obviously he must take home a fair bit for his Channel 4 show and other bits and bobs.

But that's just the beeb. What about guest nightclub appearances, ads, voice overs, TV shows, book deals etc etc?

I reckon 30 times average pay is still a very conservative estimate. Anyway, if people want to pay him that and if others want to listen to him then fair enough. He's not my cup of tea.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I saw a report saying that he had taken a 20 - 25% pay cut on his £630,000 salary from the Beeb. Obviously he must take home a fair bit for his Channel 4 show and other bits and bobs.

So he earns just under £600k. How does that affect his point, to the extent that Springal has called him a twat?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Not everyone's cup of tea, but ESSENTIAL listening in my house!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
So he earns just under £600k. How does that affect his point, to the extent that Springal has called him a twat?

Don't ask me a question... I've only regurgetated a fact that was reported in the press. :shrug:

This is one subject on which I honestly have no opinion. I like Chris Moyles, but I don't think he is the best DJ on Radio 1. He earns a lot of money (probably too much), but he has done wonders for the breakfast show's ratings. I really am not fussed.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

It's just ridiculous that people are commenting on this based on AWFUL journalism. People should judge this on what it was, not what the papers have served up. He recently took a 25% pay cut, that fee will be for all BBC work / appearances too I imagine. Fair enough, but working for Radio 1's flagship show, broadcasting to what, 8-9m people a day and not getting paid for 2 months is disgusting, whether you like him or not, surely this should not be an acceptable situation, or is it OK because of his salary?

Lets turn it round, what if Albion weren't playing players, Murray wasn't getting paid the £200k ish a year he is on (by the way, is this value for a League 1 footballer ?)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lets turn it round, what if Albion weren't playing players, Murray wasn't getting paid the £200k ish a year he is on (by the way, is this value for a League 1 footballer ?)
Then I'd expect him to talk to the club about it behind closed doors, as opposed to standing still on the pitch and shouting "I want my money!" just as Kishichev plays another tidy through ball for him to run onto.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Then I'd expect him to talk to the club about it behind closed doors, as opposed to standing still on the pitch and shouting "I want my money!" just as Kishichev plays another tidy through ball for him to run onto.

Granted it was a bad example by me, but is someone with listening figures of 8m or so, working 5 days a week really only earn double what a L1 footballer does ?

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Granted it was a bad example by me, but is someone with listening figures of 8m or so, working 5 days a week really only earn double what a L1 footballer does ?

Here is the main question to be asked:

"is anybody else capable of doing the job and at less pay?"

For footballers and F1 drivers the answer is probably no.

For a radio DJs the answer is probably tens of thousands of hopefuls.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Here is the main question to be asked:

"is anybody else capable of doing the job and at less pay?"

For footballers and F1 drivers the answer is probably no.

For a radio DJs the answer is probably tens of thousands of hopefuls.

I'd say so, certainly.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Great article in the Daily Mash

"If, for some horrifying reason, people insist on having Radio One then maybe it could just be a series of popular songs that are not being constantly interrupted by a dreary, talentless child.

"But if the proles still need to hear something between the songs then you could always have a recording of a small boy shitting himself or a group of half pissed 22 year-old men laughing at a deranged transvestite on YouTube."

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/arts-%26-entertainment/bbc-may-be-forced-to-shoot-chris-moyles-201009233112/

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's refreshing to see that the BBC have brought in performance-related pay.

Sep 1, 2010
For the first time during my stint on NSC i am going to be ignorant and i am not going to apologise for it, Moyles is a T**t and if there are 8m listeners then that equates to 8m T***s listening to him. He is not in the slightest bit entertaining, and i would rather swallow wasps than listen to that hideous lump of gristle.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For the first time during my stint on NSC i am going to be ignorant and i am not going to apologise for it, Moyles is a T**t and if there are 8m listeners then that equates to 8m T***s listening to him. He is not in the slightest bit entertaining, and i would rather swallow wasps than listen to that hideous lump of gristle.

or perhaps 8 million + people enjoy his show and you are the t**t for commenting or something your clearly don't listen to (and if you do listen why when you clearly don't like it)

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Never liked Moyles, thought I was the only one. Seems he is not as popular as he thinks he is. I listen to the radio for music not to hear people talking crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here