Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles rant at the bbc..

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
His listening figures just go up and up, I would be angry also if I hadn't been paid for 2 months.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If by 'up and up' you mean 'down and down'

Chris Evans loses more than 1m listeners | Rajars | Media | guardian.co.uk

The link has Moyle's figures at the bottom of the article

Bad example, they always go down at this time of year due to holidays.

Lets face it, longest running R1 breakfast host, got very close to Wogan in listening figures, whether you like him or not he HAS been successful.

The BBC are f***ing awful at paying staff (don't forget the majority were made to go self employed thanks to Thatcher.) I know mates who waited 9 months to get 'setup as a contractor' can you imagine not getting paid for 9 months ? A mate also did a journalism piece and 3 years on hasn't been paid the £1500 for the article and is about to go to court over it, no doubt they will settle the day before.

We also worked with them as a supplier and pulled out due to their rediculous payment terms and requirements. It's about time someone took the BBC to task over this, they are corporate bullies.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Also should add, I listen to Moyles daily and his 'first thing' rant was *no* different to any other morning, just this time it was about his pay, rather than something else.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's a f***ing bellend.

And this grievance of his might well be justifiable, but don't go abusing your position to bore everyone with it you fat twunt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
1. If you don't get paid you have a right to be pissed off.
2. To all those moaners, I presume none of you listen to him. There is, afterall, more than one radio station.
3. He obviously appeals to enough listeners to have been breakfast dj for as long as he has.
4. With the Albion doing well, there has to be something to moan at.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
1. If you don't get paid you have a right to be pissed off.
2. To all those moaners, I presume none of you listen to him. There is, afterall, more than one radio station.
3. He obviously appeals to enough listeners to have been breakfast dj for as long as he has.
4. With the Albion doing well, there has to be something to moan at.

1. Agree - but why is it his listeners problem? Do any of you know why he hasn't been paid?
2. I don't - he's a fat ignorant rude self important idiot
3. Possibly or maybe his numbers have been falling but he's on a contract with a hefty get out clause the BBC don't want to pay...
4. No - actually there doesn't.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There must be a lot of people out there who have signed a new contract, or got a new job and been the subject of a delayed payment. I know I have.

I will have some sympathy for someone who is living on the breadline but my heart does not bleed for the boorish Chris Moyles.

As an aside, f*** knows why people find him funny. Lenny Henry proved that saying something loud does not necessarily mean it is amusing. And given his partner has just left him he has something else in common with Lenny now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
1. Agree - but why is it his listeners problem? Do any of you know why he hasn't been paid?
2. I don't - he's a fat ignorant rude self important idiot
3. Possibly or maybe his numbers have been falling but he's on a contract with a hefty get out clause the BBC don't want to pay...
4. No - actually there doesn't.

I don't think you'll find many of his listeners complaining, actually, the majority of it is people that don't listen and 'get it'

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There must be a lot of people out there who have signed a new contract, or got a new job and been the subject of a delayed payment. I know I have.

I will have some sympathy for someone who is living on the breadline but my heart does not bleed for the boorish Chris Moyles.

As an aside, f*** knows why people find him funny. Lenny Henry proved that saying something loud does not necessarily mean it is amusing. And given his partner has just left him he has something else in common with Lenny now.

..and he's fat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Does "not paid for two months" actually only mean "missed 1 (one) pay day" in this instance?

He got paid at the end of July, for some reason didn't get paid at the end of August and it's not yet the end of September when I'm sure he will be paid.

Nice bit of free publicity for Moyles. I tuned in on the way to work this morning and I suspect I wasn't alone.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
bloke is a legend and makes the breakfast show (8 million people + agree) and so if hasn't been paid what he is due and the higher up people were ignoring him he has every right to say what he said. Radio 1 cannot lose him and so I'm pretty sure the issue will be sorted a bit quicker now. Would also suggest actually listening to what he said rather than a cut down version

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here