Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles rant at the bbc..

StJimmyL

Nov 2, 2009
If he can go 2 months without pay I don't sympathise a little bit - He says he cant be bothered to come in to work - don't the beeb send him a car anyway? he never stops banging on about that!

F**K off home and eat another pack of Jaffa Cakes you fat prick.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Bad example, they always go down at this time of year due to holidays.

Lets face it, longest running R1 breakfast host, got very close to Wogan in listening figures, whether you like him or not he HAS been successful.

The BBC are f***ing awful at paying staff (don't forget the majority were made to go self employed thanks to Thatcher.) I know mates who waited 9 months to get 'setup as a contractor' can you imagine not getting paid for 9 months ? A mate also did a journalism piece and 3 years on hasn't been paid the £1500 for the article and is about to go to court over it, no doubt they will settle the day before.

We also worked with them as a supplier and pulled out due to their rediculous payment terms and requirements. It's about time someone took the BBC to task over this, they are corporate bullies.

Why can't someone just start a campaign NOT to pay our fee? I pay over £12 a month not to get C5 and a host of other services.

I once pointed this out on R5 Live when they were interviewing Michael Grade, then DG, about changes to BBC services and whether the public got VFM.
They got really PO'd when I called him Lord Grade deliberately. The interviewer - I think Victoria Derbyshire - insisted on repeating to the audience "HE is NOT LORD Grade! He is Sir Michael Grade."

If that stops that overpaid w*nker getting a peerage for a few years then I think I deserve some thanks.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I listen to the radio to hear and enjoy music which I love. Here are three reasons that I will hit the off button.

1. Presenters like Moyes and that ginger twat who think we are there to listen to them and that the music is an incidental. Why are they so conceited to think I want to listen to their twaddle. Just announce who is performing the music, and perhaps a bit of background info, thats all. Its not really very difficult.

2. Any show that has more than one presenter, particularly when they start talking to each other. Why does it take more than one person to hit the CD play button?

3. When there is any form of quiz or phone in. Just play some f***ing music.

Have you considering playing CDs rather than listening to the radio ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If he can go 2 months without pay I don't sympathise a little bit - He says he cant be bothered to come in to work - don't the beeb send him a car anyway? he never stops banging on about that!

I don't think I'd fancy getting up at 5am to go into work 5 days a week if I hadn't been paid for 2 months, whether I could still afford to live or not.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't think I'd fancy getting up at 5am to go into work 5 days a week if I hadn't been paid for 2 months, whether I could still afford to live or not.
In which case he should quietly discuss it with his employers, and then not bother showing up. Not self-indulgently bang on about it for half an hour to his audience; the ignorant, salad-dodging BUMHAT.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Joke of comment, what has a taxi picking him up in the mornings got to do with anything?
So what should he have done, if you don't get paid you speak to the boss if they ignore you then what to do you do?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
some happy bunnies on here today, think the lesson is if you don't like moyles then don't listen, personally i listen every time i take the mrs upto kings for treatment every 12 weeks and find him quite funny - but i can imagine that could well wear off if i listened every day (think the last time i listened was when he had jackie chan and will smith's kid on talking about karate kid - funny as f***)

Last edited:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Christian O'Connell on Absolute radio is far better anyway :thumbsup:

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Chris Moyles is paid £630,000 a year.

His average listener earns 1/20th of that.

He doesn't get paid for two months and then spends 30 minutes moaning about it to the people that actually pay his wages.

People who are probably commuting, probably to jobs they hate, and probably just want to be entertained.

If you have any sympathy for the unfunny cockjuggling thundercunt you need to have a serious word with yourself.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

He doesn't get paid for two months and then spends 30 minutes moaning about it to the people that actually pay his wages.

People who are probably commuting, probably to jobs they hate, and probably just want to be entertained.

If you have any sympathy for the unfunny cockjuggling thundercunt you need to have a serious word with yourself.

get over yourself.
What difference does it make how much he earns? It was quite entertaining in the way he did it anyway because it led to a few different things, seems to be (as per usual) the people that don't like him/don't listen have the most to say.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Do some research, come back. Twat

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
get over yourself.
What difference does it make how much he earns? It was quite entertaining in the way he did it anyway because it led to a few different things, seems to be (as per usual) the people that don't like him/don't listen have the most to say.

It makes quite a big difference!

Think about it, if you earn that much, you'll have a significant buffer which means it's not the end of the world if you don't get paid for a while.

For most people, not getting paid for two months hurts big time. Chris Moyles isn't most people.

I don't listen to him because I find him incredible dull. If you find someone moaning about not being paid for a while entertaining then good luck to you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I can't believe some people think how much he is paid matters. Do they really think they just sit around with their HSBC account and £100k sat in it ? Get real

Football_Friends

Aug 18, 2010
Oooop North.....Manchester
As someone who is paying his wages I want to see him get them and on time! Id e peeved off too regardless of how much he earns. He probably isn't in the right frame of mind at the minute, sounds like he's having a hard time in his personal life so give him a break. He's just had a week off to try sort himself out by all accounts. He's also usually te first to lay into any celeb saying they have a hard life working all them hours for the money etc. He makes my mornings everyday!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

That's constructive, well done.

As good as your facts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here