Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Whoever takes over from Moyles is on a hiding to nothing. Impossible act to follow, his replacement will not last twelve months, the most poisonous of chalices.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Moyles will be missed. Has always seemed to be the most natural of presenters that has let the viewers closest into his life. Not always going to be everyone cup of tea but I wonder how many people that hate him would have actually have listened to Radio 1 if it was someone else presenting. Not many I'd venture and the viewing figures tend to back that up.

I don't really like Chris Evans. Nice guy and all but feel like he is just a 40something clone of Terry Wogan.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I only had the misfortune of listening to him once (on a car journey at the request of my daughter). To hear that he was as old as he is and the way he talked in particular to one young female caller made my skin crawl. He came over as a complete misogynist with no respect for his audience (not me I hasten to add).

That he was paid from the public purse beggars belief.

D

Deleted member 18477

Who is this Nick Grimshaw? From looking at images of him on Google he looks like a bit of a cock.

Nick f***ing grimshaw? Jesus Christ they've lost the plot. Utter bell end! They're obsessed with trying to lower the target audience of listeners. 15-29 is their target apparently.

RIP radio 1. From 7.1 million listeners to 7! (grimshaws family)

This reminds me of when Tim lovejoy left soccer am. Almost an impossible act to follow. Although max does a good job he's not lovejoy! And they had a shit replacement for a year or so Inbetween. It could almost do with a completely new face to come in to BBC radio.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Nick f***ing grimshaw? Jesus Christ they've lost the plot. Utter bell end! They're obsessed with trying to lower the target audience of listeners. 15-29 is their target apparently.

This reminds me of when Tim lovejoy left soccer am. Almost an impossible act to follow. Although max does a good job he's not lovejoy! And they had a shit replacement for a year or so Inbetween. It could almost do with a completely new face to come in to BBC radio.
i genuinely dont know if viewing figures dropped when lovejoy left, buit i think his replacement is better than nouveau chelsea( watford fan originally) fan lovejoy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Technically, Moyles is one of the best 'daytime' radio personalities in the country. You just have to listen to 5live or similar, to hear how much of a car crash, someone who doesn't know what their doing behind the desk, can be.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovejoy is and always was an absolute turd.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What is Moyles planning to do next? He does not really have the face or demeanor/wit for tv, I recall he did a very painful chat show a few years ago and it was awful.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
I seem to be one of a few people who like him, but listening to him on commute to work has been part of my daily routine for years.

This.

I find the whole team together pretty funny, and far more entertaining than any other radio show on. I have it on most mornings at Uni, have listened for years whilst getting ready for school/work in the mornings too. Shame. Any mention of what the rest of the team will be doing??

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

IMO, NONE of the current Dj's on radio 1 would come close to making a show anywhere near as good, let alone Nick f***ing Grimshaw. I honestly believe i'd never ever listen to radio 1 again before the afternoon if it was Grimshaw and Cotton in the morning.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I'll miss him. Preferred him on Saturday mornings and the afternoon show, but I've always enjoyed his show and found it funny. I'm the same age as him and Dave so have the same cultural references.

I don't mind people not finding him funny, humour is always subjective, but the name 'Chris Moyles' always appears to engender unnecessary abuse that I have never fully understood.

Does anyone know what he will be doing from now on?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
As good a reason as any to show this:

[yt]VtIeyWOga9A[/yt]

Now I understand where all you people that can't stand Chris Moyles are coming from. That was five minutes (I couldn't bring myself to watch all of it) of my life I'll never get back.

Complete gash, and didn't amuse me in the slightest.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hes on Radio 1 from 4-7 this evening, covering for his future replacement, Greg James.

Greg James is about as dull as you can get. No personality, nothing really interesting to say, absolutely DULL, DULL, DULL. I can't say as I was a huge Scott Mills fan but he's a gazillion times better than Greg James. The only person as boring as Greg James is Edith Bowman.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Smooth 70s or Radio 5 Live for me, only ever really seen Chris Moyles on the TV and he never provided me with any reasons to listen to him (if I could get over the dreadful music and the fact that I haven't wilfully tuned in to Radio 1 in twenty years or more). Still, I'll have an opinion on it because I want to so good :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here