Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
Thanks to free Instore WiFi I don't have to listen to Radio One or Radio Two any more. Now I am free to choose, and that usually is a mix of Xfms Danny Wallace and BBC 6 musics Shaun Keaveny. I have heard Nick Grimshaw I found him annoying as he has this terrible Northern accent. He could have told the worlds funniest joke but it would have been lost in his broad northern monkey dialect. I don't really like Radio One so I don't listen to it.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I am a Moyles fan. You either love him or hate him. I rate Scott Mills higher though, hope he takes over

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Chris Moyles is like Marmite, you love him or hate him. I'm in the hate it category. I always find him a self-obsessed idiot, who is not funny at all. But then Radio1 gets even worse, by appointing his successor to the Breakfast show as Nick Grimshaw. DEAR GOD! :ffsparr:

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
James has been on drivetime for a while now. I'm still predicting him as a replacement if Grimshaw bombs, although I'm not sure who they could shove onto drivetime instead.

Shouldnt of switched Greg James and Scott Mills as it is - i would have given Scott Mills the Breakfast slot - i like his shows and they still keep the "fun" element and he plays a lot of music - Innuendo Bingo on his shows his brilliant !! Then id move Greg James to Drivetime and move Dev to afternoons - although his early morning show prides itself on being "ropey" because of the time of day.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Always thought Moyles was a bit of a knob, but his show was kind of bearable to listen to on the way to work.
Nick f***ing Grimshaw though.. just a camp hipster twat that mooches off c list celebrities. He'll be gone by December.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Shouldnt of switched Greg James and Scott Mills as it is - i would have given Scott Mills the Breakfast slot - i like his shows and they still keep the "fun" element and he plays a lot of music - Innuendo Bingo on his shows his brilliant !! Then id move Greg James to Drivetime and move Dev to afternoons - although his early morning show prides itself on being "ropey" because of the time of day.

Personally I would have left Scott in drivetime (I can't imagine him on breakfast) and move James to Breakfast. His early morning shows used to be good, and he's got a nice energy for that time of day. I haven't heard Dev's shows, but if he's good he'll get moved up to the afternoon slot at some point. That's why I found Scott's move to afternoon's odd, it feels like he's being punished for something.

I suspect Moyles only made the decision recently, which has probably irritated a few at Radio 1 after the fairly recent reshuffles to afternoon and drivetime.

No way, Evans is sound. Radio 2 all the way for me and has been that way for quite sometime now. Radio 1 makes me do a little sick in my mouth and Moyles makes me just sick.

Another vote for Chris Evans. I would rather saw off my own leg than listen to Heart or other commercial dross.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Gutted, been listening to Moyles since he did the afternoon show. Hopefully he will elsewhere on the station (maybe a late evening show) other wise that is my Radio 1 days done at the age of 30.
Do love all the people saying good, clearly you have not heard his replacement. As for 'fat' granted he used to be a lard arse (as he will freely admit) but now I would say that is a quite unfair statement to make at him.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
There was a time where Mark Ratchliffe and the boy Lar hosted the breakfast slot, I think it was after someone left suddenly. It was a absolute nightmare, I used to commute to work cringing whilst listening, eventually I moved over to another station!

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5023912 said:
Good! Not that I really listen to Radio 1 but I hate him, not funny in the slightest. Just obnoxious, arrogant, tedious, childish and NORTHERN!

You forgot he's a self obsessed cvnt

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I don't know why I have my alarm set for Radio One in the mornings. Chris Moyles is irritating but not as bad as Sara Cox was. She did my head in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here