Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
I flick between him and Radio 2 and 5 live. Can't stand the bloke. Prefer the Radio 1 music but the others are way more interesting and less annoying. He's so self-centred, can't let anyone else make a joke. Good riddance

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I flick between him and Radio 2 and 5 live. Can't stand the bloke. Prefer the Radio 1 music but the others are way more interesting and less annoying. He's so self-centred, can't let anyone else make a joke. Good riddance

Here we go again! 'I cannot stand him but listen to him'?! You try and qualify it by saying you prefer R1's music, but Moyled plays less tracks than any other R1 DJ......:facepalm:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What i NEVER understand is the generic response of "Thank f*** for that. He was shit. I never listen to that shit anyway"

Why do you even CARE then? Its like me being overjoyed that someone has left the cast of The Only Way is Essex. It doesn't bother me as I don't watch it!

Anyway, it seems the natural breakpoint for him to leave. He is bordering on 40 and their target audience is 15 to 29.

I listen to it in passing as I really am rushed in the mornings but I wouldn't even do that if it was Fearne bloody Cotton or Vernon Shitting Kay.

I can see it being someone from a different station altogether.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5024097 said:
I'm not bothered at all, but felt happy enough to dedicate a few seconds of my time to share my thoughts on the man by writing on an internet forum.

You're not bothered, but you're happy. Which is it? ???

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
What i NEVER understand is the generic response of "Thank f*** for that. He was shit. I never listen to that shit anyway"

Why do you even CARE then? Its like me being overjoyed that someone has left the cast of The Only Way is Essex. It doesn't bother me as I don't watch it!

Anyway, it seems the natural breakpoint for him to leave. He is bordering on 40 and their target audience is 15 to 29.

I listen to it in passing as I really am rushed in the mornings but I wouldn't even do that if it was Fearne bloody Cotton or Vernon Shitting Kay.

That's pretty much what I was trying to say, but you've done a much better job. The TOWIE example is a good one.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Nick Grimshaw is the replacement.

There is no way he will be as good as Moyles, he made the show his own and it wont be the same without him. Probably would just listen to my iphone in the morning now, as i cant see Nick Grimshaw being that good, i cant stand Chris Evans and Heart play adverts and the same music over and over again.

Also, all these people saying "good" and "hes shit" - if you know its about Chris Moyles and you know you dont like him - why actually bother posting in a topic about him ?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I don't always like Chris Moyles, but he's very, very good at the style of show he does and I respect him for that. It's certainly not for everyone, but he knows exactly what he wants to do, who he wants to attract and I think pretty much nails it.

Nick Grimshaw is an interesting choice, and may be a move away from the team aspect of the show. I've got a sneaking suspicion they've put him in on a short deal, and will shift Greg James in if he falters. James' rise has been pretty rapid, and he seems to have gained a solid fan base during it so he seems like a solid backup if Grimshaw doesn't cut it.

Aadam

Resident Plastic
Feb 6, 2012

Because some people like the music of Radio 1 but don't like to listen to him. Now he is going, someone more palatable like Grimshaw will mean people can tune into Radio 1 in the morning and listen to the music they like, without having to put up with 2 hours and 47 minutes of Chris talking. Your TOWIE example was poor, there are PLENTY of other TV shows, or things to do whist that trash is on. Most people listen to the radio on their commute to work. Now he is going, people have a better choice for what to listen to, assuming they like his replacement.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Because, being part of a car share where the driver picks the radio station, I am forced to endure his hilarious bon mots for up to an hour a couple of mornings a week. No longer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I used to like Moyles, would make me laugh quite a lot at times, but stopped listening to radio 1 or any other music station a couple of years ago. Not really sure why to be honest but just started listening to Radio 5 and Talksport all the time, both of which I really enjoy, or my iPod. Now Im 30, maybe its an age thing!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
:lolol: This !! I still look back fondly on the days of simon bates, our tune and the golden hour .

At least then the golden hour featured any year, nowadays the odd ones I hear are hardly "golden" seem to be a bit like sky & football - it didn't exisit before the permier league

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here