Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Moyles leaves the Breakfast Show

kano

Jun 17, 2011
Scott mills > greg james/nick grimshaw/vernan Kay > edith bowman > hew stevens > moyles > zan lowe (in small doses) > terrible terrible aids > fern cotton + sarah cox

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I think he and the team are very good at their job, good mix of people, Chris being the big I am is just all part of it. I don't think he is that arrogant to be honest.

That said, of late the show does go into some really dire material (or lack thereof). Constantly talking about twitter and the webcam which isolates many viewers who are just in their cars.

I do think it's time for a change, but I'll probably miss it a bit. Especially Dom and Dave who I think are absolutely hilario.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Scott mills > greg james/nick grimshaw/vernan Kay > edith bowman > hew stevens > moyles > zan lowe (in small doses) > terrible terrible aids > fern cotton + sarah cox

Scott Mills is possibly the worst broadcaster ever to speak into a microphone ever. Every show goes like this:

- Scott creates an awkward situation
- Becky laughs like it's the funniest thing she's ever heard in her life
- Scott says something about male grooming which he thinks is totally fine
- Becky tells him it's not totally fine.

And so it goes on...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Scott Mills is possibly the worst broadcaster ever to speak into a microphone ever. Every show goes like this:

And so it goes on...

Agreed - if Moyles is a slug (and he absolutely is) then Scott Mills is the slime that comes out of a slugs arse.

:lolol: This !! I still look back fondly on the days of simon bates, our tune and the golden hour .

Our tune, the entire factory would come to a standstill.

Steve Wright's posse, Mr Angry from Purley (you bloody skinnyheads) Jervace the hairdresser. Happy days.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I didn't think anyone over the age of 18 listened to Radio 1

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I didn't think anyone over the age of 18 listened to Radio 1

This is why they are having the overhaul - their 'target demographic' is 18-29 year olds. Their average listener age, is over 30.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
This is why they are having the overhaul - their 'target demographic' is 18-29 year olds. Their average listener age, is over 30.

Gobsmacked! you mean people over 30 actually listen to that tat? :wozza:

It always sounded like they were aiming at people who's brains were still undeveloped i.e teenagers.

Well, you learn something new everyday.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
From what I've seen and heard he's a self-important, charmless and unpleasant character. But at least he's occupying the breakfast show on Radio 1, where I can very easily ignore him. If people who listen to that show like him, that's fine.

The fact he's leaving fills me with dread that he may soon occupy a section of the media that I do currently have an interest in. I don't expect to see him presenting The Culture Show or Autumnwatch any time soon, or as a panelist on Question Time. But you never know.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009

And so it goes on...

Scripted shit. Bloody hate it!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have stuck with Radio 2 for a few years now. Never looked back.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think he and the team are very good at their job, good mix of people, Chris being the big I am is just all part of it. I don't think he is that arrogant to be honest.

That said, of late the show does go into some really dire material (or lack thereof). Constantly talking about twitter and the webcam which isolates many viewers who are just in their cars.

I do think it's time for a change, but I'll probably miss it a bit. Especially Dom and Dave who I think are absolutely hilario.

Is he still at Chelsea?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here