Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton: 'It’s a good feeling to be the manager of a big club'

D

Deleted member 2719

He will get them sorted.

Too many poor players discarded by other Clubs for a reason.

Comparisons with Brighton are so uncanny.

Loads of poor players who had arrived on big wages before his arrival that don't fit the way he wants to play and who are not capable of adapting I don't think.

Difficult to off load no doubt . Some people probably think he should adapt to what he has. I have a different view. My view is that his methods have been proven to work at that level. The players on the other hand. Very few if any of them have had any success at that level in terms of getting Promoted.

That being the case. I know whose methods I would be aligning myself behind

I am surprised you say that, surely he can drill the hell out of them in training and get some improvement. So are you saying he will have to buy his way out of trouble.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
He is also notoriously difficult to work with and deal with

The FAI thought it was a good idea to put himself and Roy Keane in charge of the Irish team. Talk about difficult to work with - the Irish players fought running battles with both of them for the 5 years they was there.

He had a good stint with Leicester - the rest of his managerial career is patchy.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The FAI thought it was a good idea to put himself and Roy Keane in charge of the Irish team. Talk about difficult to work with - the Irish players fought running battles with both of them for the 5 years they was there.

He had a good stint with Leicester - the rest of his managerial career is patchy.

O' Neil and Keane together was a strange one I grant you. Maybe that's why they went with the present incumbent. Perhaps some respite from conflict was necessary.

People at FAI are really nice people to d/w especially ones on the Admin side of things

D

Deleted member 2719

No

But if you want to build a squad capable of going up next year.

The ones currently there are not them

Fair enough, so are you comfortable they will survive with this squad?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Fair enough, so are you comfortable they will survive with this squad?

Yes but it needs to start changing in January so that there isn't such a big overhaul in the Summer.

Too Many players in the squad. You can't organise training sessions effectively with over 30 players in the squad. So it needs to be whittled down to a manageable level.

D

Deleted member 2719

Yes but it needs to start changing in January so that there isn't such a big overhaul in the Summer.

Too Many players in the squad. You can't organise training sessions effectively with over 30 players in the squad. So it needs to be whittled down to a manageable level.

Wow, 30 does seem excessive.

Good luck to him and his staff.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Trouble with Hughton tactics now days is it only works if you take the lead, if you don’t you will do well to get a point at best 95% of the time.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It’s not looking good for Chris today :(

I have to say, what is clear, that a manager is really only as good as the reaction he gets from the players... clearly the magic has failed to materialise thus far this time around... I say again, it’s nearly always down to desire and application and the rest (is often) window dressing. Work hard or lose.

Forest hmmmm too ‘big’ for CH ? By this I mean, the players think they’re better than him ... something is amiss.

Do the players work hard enough for GP? You know all of them, each week ? Some clearly are doing but not all of them. Personally I’d love to see Andone (if he gets fit and isn’t sold...) leading the line, sure he’s madder than Trump but he is high energy coupled with quality - Maupay favours the former too much at times...

Leo too, only turns up when he feels like it... he can bog off for me, sulky little bugger.

Oooohhh totally random rant alert.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Right club, wrong time. This Forest squad is low on quality, they need a big window in January.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Listening to the post match comments, it could have been us a couple of years ago. "They need to have a go at teams and not show them so much respect"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here