Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris houghton sacked

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Daft decision, but they must have someone lined up who is great otherwise why do it? All very odd.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
bizarre. stepped in when it went shit for them and doen well getting them up and setup nicely in mid-table. the guy seems properly dedicated to their cause, he's even trying to grow a white stripe in his hair.

And all on the most limited budget that any Newcastle manager has ever had.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
O'Neill was my initial thoughts, but he would/will have less money to spend there than he did at Villa which was the reason behind him leaving.
So i am not so sure it will be O'Neill now...still be my favorite to land the job though, being everything Newcastle are after and FREE

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And it's a misguided one Kev:

A statement read: "The board would like to place on record their thanks to Chris for his considerable efforts during the club's transition from Championship to Premier League football.

"Chris has shown exceptional character and commitment since being appointed manager in October 2009.

"The club wishes him well for the future. Regrettably the board now feels that an individual with more managerial experience is needed to take the club forward."

So, how is being experienced working out for Avram grant at west ham? Peter reid at Plymouth? Mick McCarthy at Wolves? Roy Hodgson at Liverpool? Fabio at England...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
bizarre. stepped in when it went shit for them and doen well getting them up and setup nicely in mid-table. the guy seems properly dedicated to their cause, he's even trying to grow a white stripe in his hair.

He'd gone beyond trying, at the time of his sacking he'd managed black on one side and grey/white on the other - a perfect 50/50 divide. Let's hope he doesn't end up at Blackpool next!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think he will be back in management soon.

Big game in the championship between Preston and Ipswich at the weekend. Both managers could get the sack after a defeat, and Chris Hughton could take over at either club.

Don't you mean "Roy Keane's Ipswich Town"?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think he wlil go but this is the type of club that could appeal to Gus. A big club with tradition and potential there is however the fact that he would have to work with Mike Ashley so perhaps not.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He was sacked as manager by chubby clown Mike Ashley on 6 December 2010.

Off of wikipedia :lolol:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I hate to make the tedious link....but i wonder if this will affect the potential for LUA LUA to return....

It may be tedious but its worth asking. Personal opinion? It makes it more difficult. The new manager will want to assess his options and will want to give LuaLua a fair go to prove himself first.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The time is ripe for Ant & Dec to step up to the plate. Howay the canny lads!

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
It's about time Toon fave Big Sam had another bash innit? That'd keep 'em happy. :thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Completely ridiculous.

Newcastle look like they will survive. There are three more worse teams than them and I would have thought having just been promoted that survival was the only target.

Obviously they should be challenging for the Champs league. My bad.

Chatting to a Wolves fan at work he said that they are grumbling about Mick McCarthy but then they realise that there isnt anyone else really out there with the pedigree. Well there is but only a Man City or Chelsea etc could afford them & the players they will want. He did mention some fans want Sean O'Driscoll but like our Gus he hasnt really done anything yet*

*in fact he has done more as he got Bournemouth promoted!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully Lee Clark gets a few mentions being ex Newcastle and all that, enough for him to take his eye off Saturday

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
What a bizarre decision.

This is the best and most stable Newcastle have been for YEARS and they do this. They really are run by absolute idiots. Really hope they go down, disgusting way to treat someone who has done so well and comes across as a gentleman. He really is too good for them. I hope their fans sing his name all 90 minutes at their next home match, aswell as abusing that fat twat Ashley.

Already some idiot geordie fan has text sky sports news and said there are only two managers they want, Lee Clarke (hardly setting the world alight at Huddersfield) or Alan Shearer (predictable response, laughable and would guarantee relegation within 2 seasons).

I hope all good managers turn them down but as has been said, someone must be lined up already. Pardew would be class, they are made for each other, the fans would turn on him instantly and if we can beat FCUM, then the Skates hopefully we could draw them away in round 4 of the cup and guarantee a win at St James Park!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here