Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris houghton sacked

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Quite funny to see how complimentary the punters of NSC are towards Chris Hughton, principally by comparison to our feelings towards his brother :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've had to eat my words on Newcastle, because after they went down they looked like an abortion of a club in complete and utter turmoil, ripe only for plummeting even further. I was flabbergasted Hughton got them straight back up at a canter last season - you only have to look at Middlesbrough to see how badly wrong it can go once you drop. Yet Hughton managed to galvanise the players he was left with, and has even taken them up into mid-table in the Prem. They've won at Chelsea, they've won at Arsenal, they've humiliated their better-run and more stable local rivals, and all this without the manager being given anything to spend.

I truley have no clue what Ashley thinks he is doing. It feels like he's been waiting on one shitty result/performance far enough into the season where he can (to himself at least) jusitifably say "enough is enough". Yes they stank yesterday, but on the whole they've made a decent go of it this season, WBA are flying as well so its hardly a disgrace of a result.

I suppose in the end, regardless of results, Hughton just wasn't a big enough name for them. And what with his contract being up in the summer it was a nice cheap sacking.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Haven't bothered to look at any Newcastle forums, but I bet there's a few on there calling for Keegan again :lolol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A source close to Pardew says he's "strongly interested" in the Newcastle job.

Which, what with being sacked by Southampton and currently unemployed is rather stating the obvious, I fear :lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chris Hughton is such an assuming character, I am not suprised he has been sacked. As the commentator on MOTD2 last night pointed out, Newcastle were in the same position as West Brom, and the contrast is incredible. Di Matteo has received nothing but praise and credit for the job he has done, whereas Hughton has flown under the radar. To me, he's a very good number 2 but not enough of a presence to be a top quality manager. If he's left the club, then they've made a major mistake. He's a very good coach who gets the best out of his players, but he's not a Premier League manager in my humble opinion. He's done a very good job there, but it always felt temporary to me. I could never see him being there too long, but he's been in the job over a year which is a fine achievement in itself, considering the instability of the club.

Martin O'Neill would be a fantastic appointment for them, if they can get him, they should.

Having got that lot up at a canter last season at the first time of asking when they were in complete and utter disarray, and then guided them to mid-table in the Premiership despite being given nothing to spend, what else do you think he could possibly have done to prove himself worthy of the job ? Top 3 ?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He's pre-occupied with his chicken & lager delivery service.

You know what, Newcastle are the only club in the universe who would seriously entertain the notion of appointing him in his current state.

No matter what a f***-up he is, how skint, drunk, spangled or mentally incapacitated, the fact is, he's a Geordie and a cult hero, and that's all it seems to take for the Newcastle fans to consider someone a realistic option :lolol:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I've had to eat my words on Newcastle, because after they went down they looked like an abortion of a club in complete and utter turmoil, ripe only for plummeting even further. I was flabbergasted Hughton got them straight back up at a canter last season - you only have to look at Middlesbrough to see how badly wrong it can go once you drop. Yet Hughton managed to galvanise the players he was left with, and has even taken them up into mid-table in the Prem. They've won at Chelsea, they've won at Arsenal, they've humiliated their better-run and more stable local rivals, and all this without the manager being given anything to spend.

I truley have no clue what Ashley thinks he is doing. It feels like he's been waiting on one shitty result/performance far enough into the season where he can (to himself at least) jusitifably say "enough is enough". Yes they stank yesterday, but on the whole they've made a decent go of it this season, WBA are flying as well so its hardly a disgrace of a result.

I suppose in the end, regardless of results, Hughton just wasn't a big enough name for them. And what with his contract being up in the summer it was a nice cheap sacking.

And here is the real reason.

For some reason Newcastle seem to think they are a massive club who should have a proven world class manager. Hughten has done an unbelievable job at the club and taken them from a complete laughing stock to a respectable position in the premier league. I am shocked his sacking has not drawn more criticism from the Newcastle fans but they seem as deluded as Ashley in terms of what 'standard' of manager they should have.

Hopefully this monster cock of a club get what they deserve........Pardew and another stint in the championship

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Peter_Beardsley.jpg

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Chris has been treated very badly for his efforts in getting promotion last season and a good middle of table position in the Premiership, with litle cash to improve the team.Ashby does not deserve a top manager and although O`Neill is one of the bookies favourites I think he will avoid it like the plague.
I would hope the clubs season ticket holders will not renew until Ashby has been hounded out.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris has been treated very badly for his efforts in getting promotion last season and a good middle of table position in the Premiership, with litle cash to improve the team.Ashby does not deserve a top manager and although O`Neill is one of the bookies favourites I think he will avoid it like the plague.
I would hope the clubs season ticket holders will not renew until Ashby has been hounded out.

Will we see another new club formed United FC Newcastle

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Why not? He's an honorary Geordie, with no managerial experience whatsoever.

He ticks all their boxes.
Good point, I was foolish to mock :)
Chris Hughton is such an assuming character, I am not suprised he has been sacked. As the commentator on MOTD2 last night pointed out, Newcastle were in the same position as West Brom, and the contrast is incredible. Di Matteo has received nothing but praise and credit for the job he has done, whereas Hughton has flown under the radar. To me, he's a very good number 2 but not enough of a presence to be a top quality manager. If he's left the club, then they've made a major mistake. He's a very good coach who gets the best out of his players, but he's not a Premier League manager in my humble opinion. He's done a very good job there, but it always felt temporary to me. I could never see him being there too long, but he's been in the job over a year which is a fine achievement in itself, considering the instability of the club.
I would have thought Newcastle's current position in the table indicates he is a fairly average Premiership manager at worst - certainly done a better job than several other 'established' Premiership managers.

Last edited:

Why do people of NSC have things against Newcastle United and their fans? I mean being from Newcastle i know alot and I'm the first person to slate Ashley, even if I did feel that he'd changed it around, really bad decision and I really hope Chris gets a job quick.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
It just smacks of the sort of inconsistency Ashley is renowned for. Here is a guy who his PR claim has never been photographed in public until a few years ago (lies), who sacks a manager who has done as much as anyone could possibly have achieved. Ashley is desperate for a big name he can plaster over his down market bargain bin stores, and lets hope no one in their right mind will take the job on, but thats just wishfull thinking!

Chris, there is a job at Aberdeen where you will be loved, give Mr Mackay a call, he has got my number!!!!

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
And here is the real reason.

For some reason Newcastle seem to think they are a massive club who should have a proven world class manager. Hughten has done an unbelievable job at the club and taken them from a complete laughing stock to a respectable position in the premier league. I am shocked his sacking has not drawn more criticism from the Newcastle fans but they seem as deluded as Ashley in terms of what 'standard' of manager they should have.

Hopefully this monster cock of a club get what they deserve........Pardew and another stint in the championship

I think you need to do a bit more research, having read hundreds of posts on different sites since Chris Houghtons sacking, 99% who say they are NUFC supporters are outraged at this decision by that twat Mike Ashley. As for Newcastle fans being deluded about winning the Premier League this season,The majority i have read would be happy with Premiership survival this season. Try doing some research.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think you need to do a bit more research, having read hundreds of posts on different sites since Chris Houghtons sacking, 99% who say they are NUFC supporters are outraged at this decision by that twat Mike Ashley. As for Newcastle fans being deluded about winning the Premier League this season,The majority i have read would be happy with Premiership survival this season. Try doing some research.

There were also countless toon fans all over the radio today saying how they never felt he could take them to the next level and it had to be done. Be interesting to see how these 'outraged supporters' act after this latest news. I might be wrong but my guess is once someone like O'Neill is appointed the sympathy for Houghton will soon dry up.

Not sure where in my post I mentioned fans thinking they would win the premier league. However I stand by my point about the deluded fans as they were the ones who hounded Allardyce out of Newcastle in favour of Keegan as Allardyce was not 'one of their own'.

Joke of a club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here