Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris houghton sacked

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Why do people of NSC have things against Newcastle United and their fans? I mean being from Newcastle i know alot and I'm the first person to slate Ashley, even if I did feel that he'd changed it around, really bad decision and I really hope Chris gets a job quick.

It's not a good idea to take NSC too seriously.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not according to the bookies, no. He replaces Pardew as favourite.

strongly rumoured in the Netherlands for some time that Jol was looking for alternative employers. Wouldn't be at all surprised if, by the time I get back to Amsterdam at the weekend, he will have made the journey in the other direction.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Right...

I just don't understand what you have against Newcastle fans?!

I have no particular hatred for toon fans it just makes me chuckle when I hear them moaning about Ashley when they were the main cause behind the removal of Allardyce (who would in time have proven a decent manager for them). This in favour of the likes of Keegan (bottler) and Lord Shearer of Newcastle (no management experience).

I actually thought they had turned the corner with Houghton but it appears not. Perhaps all of this supporter outrage at the decision will manifest itself at the next home game but I would guess that if a 'big name' is in place before then the protests will be somewhat muted.

Southern Toon

Aug 6, 2010
There were also countless toon fans all over the radio today saying how they never felt he could take them to the next level and it had to be done. Be interesting to see how these 'outraged supporters' act after this latest news. I might be wrong but my guess is once someone like O'Neill is appointed the sympathy for Houghton will soon dry up.

Not sure where in my post I mentioned fans thinking they would win the premier league. However I stand by my point about the deluded fans as they were the ones who hounded Allardyce out of Newcastle in favour of Keegan as Allardyce was not 'one of their own'.As for the sympathy for Hughton drying up i think you will find Mike Ashley

Joke of a club

I have not listened to the radio so cannot comment only responding to what i have read.As for the sympathy for Hughton drying up i think you will find Mike Ashley will get both barrels from nufc supporters this saturday if he bothers to turn up.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Well done Sol, telling it how it is:

Newcastle defender Sol Campbell criticised the decision.

"This will hit the players hard," he told ESPN Soccernet. "The players admired him and liked him and won't be happy now he's gone like this.

"It makes no sense. Here is a guy who has done an unbelievable job. He got the club back into the Premier League and any manager would have been rewarded for that with a new contract, but Chris wasn't.

"The players are sure to be asking themselves 'what the hell is going on?', that is only natural.

Well done to Sol for saying it how it is, but shouldnt it have been Kevin Nolan as captain to be the 1st to say this?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well done to Sol for saying it how it is, but shouldnt it have been Kevin Nolan as captain to be the 1st to say this?

Perhaps Campbell is the one who is either looking for an exit, or doesn't really give a shit. Whichever. His days at Newcastle are possibly numbered after those comments

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Perhaps Campbell is the one who is either looking for an exit, or doesn't really give a shit. Whichever. His days at Newcastle are possibly numbered after those comments

Yeah you may be right there. I personally just wish Nolan would support Hughton in the same way Hughton has supported him.

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008

Its not like he's got a long term future, anyways. I probably would've done the same in the same scenario.

Sep 1, 2010
Could do a job..................Oh! I am sorry............how very sad.....Hughton being sacked is a disgrace...........where did Newcastle expect to be then...........top 4? christ what a pathetic chairman.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I would just like to say that I am ruling myself out of the possibility of getting the job if asked, just like Clarke of Hudds and other various managers who would never have been considered anyway. 'shrug'.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I thought they were numbered after his performance at West Brom. I've seen milk turn faster.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So they are looking for a born and bred Geordie who has had a lot of success recently

PD37749772_Press-3_1686141c.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here