Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris holdroydnew striker

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just giving my opinion having watched him 3 times in the past year. There are far better strikers in the BSP

Brodie
Constable
Yemi

to name just 3.

Brodie is definitely worth a look - seen him twice and looked very sharp. Watched Constable at walsall and at kidderminster and for me the jury is out as to whether he could make it. Ditto Yemi Odubade who failed at Yeovil and hasn't really ripped up trees at Stevenage

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Interestingly this is what Poyet said...

"He's one of the players on the list, up front," said Poyet.
"When you have a list, you have to place your priorities and he is one of them. We'll see him in a few days."

That quote makes me think he is fairly certain of snaring him, or did he just say it wrong and i'm being to scepticle.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Interestingly this is what Poyet said...

"He's one of the players on the list, up front," said Poyet.
"When you have a list, you have to place your priorities and he is one of them. We'll see him in a few days."

That quote makes me think he is fairly certain of snaring him, or did he just say it wrong and i'm being to scepticle.
I'm pretty sure he actually said "we'll see in a few days", see what happens.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Potential - yes. Physically he needs to bulk up a bit, but he's got quick feet and some clever touches. If Morrison can step up from Satanage, Chrissy can do it for your lot.

Oi!! Careful Scumbridge fan, & Morison is spelt with only one r. Good games over Christmas?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Brodie is definitely worth a look - seen him twice and looked very sharp. Watched Constable at walsall and at kidderminster and for me the jury is out as to whether he could make it. Ditto Yemi Odubade who failed at Yeovil and hasn't really ripped up trees at Stevenage

Yemi is making the goals for the strikers & would be sorely missed.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Yemi is making the goals for the strikers & would be sorely missed.

He is the fastest player I've ever watched live. So powerful. Don't think he'd be able to make the step up though, I think BSP is about his level.

Cufc83

Jan 18, 2010
Cambridge fan here
Chris Holroyd is a very good player in a good passing team, sadly he knows and we know he will be off this window so his form has dropped.
It was quoted at Chester he was the best finisher at the club and he certainly can finish. He has bags of pace but goes down too easily.
Despite his contract running out in the summer we would still be entitled to a fee so i don't think he will be as cheap as if he was over 24!
However we are in need to cut costs and could do with a target man as Danny Crow is equally as good a striker at the moment.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
When's Darragh Ryan going to make his debut for Stevenage? Hope he does well there.

Been signed on week to week contract to cover Laird & other defenders. May well get a game in the [non] important FA Trophy game tomorrow night.

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
York (need the money)
Oxford (don't)
Stevenage (don't)

To be honest it would take quite a lot for Yemi or Constable, but Brodie would be cheap.

Brodie would NOT be cheap. York need money, yes, but Brodie is very highly rated up there, and his record this season mean there will be plenty of clubs in the BSP / L1 / L2 interested.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
I was hoping we would pick up some United players but had not given Cambridge much thought,surely we can do better.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I was hoping we would pick up some United players but had not given Cambridge much thought,surely we can do better.

Players have got to start somewhere ffs, people who have attitudes like yours annoy me, the max he'll cost us is 75k I would have thought so its 100% worth a gamble. He could turn out like Beckford, Mckail Smith or McLean, who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here