Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris holdroydnew striker

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Played against Eastbourne Borough on Saturday, sounds like he missed a few chances:

Borough end long wait for a win (From The Argus)

Interesting, sounds like a player who has a good footballing brain and gets himself into goal scoring positions very regularly, scored 15/16 so far in like 25 appearances though hasn't he so that proves he can finish I guess. (I think that stat is similar to Beckford's when he signed for Leeds)

Sibroadway

SEAGULL Till I Die !!!!!
Jan 16, 2010
Brighton
Remember Havant & Waterloo's trip to
Liverpool and a certain Alfie Potter scoring
the second to put them ahead . Peterboro swiped
him up then

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
My mate who is a Cambridge United fan reckons that Holroyd is quick, has a great touch but still needs lots of work done on him. In his words "He's decent but he's no Dave Kitson". (Kitson is the equivalent to Zamora to Cambridge fans for those that do not know).

I was at the Cambridge game on Saturday (first time in a while though so not seen Holroyd before). He didn't get in the game much, primarily because the defenders were bypassing the midfield with long balls and he's not going to win any of them. Didn't seem to have the mentality to challenge in the air.

Of the chances; he had one snapshot on the turn which went just over (right at the death). Other than that, his shot wide was pointless; he should have crossed it but there was no-one in the box so took a punt, and the header was too high for him, he stretched for it and could only steer it wide, while not hearing the call of his teammate charging in behind him who would probably have buried it.

Looked good with the ball at his feet and wasn't afraid to run at people. My season ticket holding mate said that he tends to blow very hot and cold, and his view was if he could consistently run hot he would be good enough for League 1. Would be worth a punt at c£50k, not much more I'd say.

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
Cambridge United fan here. Holroyd certainly has bags of pace and certainly worries the defending donkeys at our level, he's been out of sorts the past few games, possibly distracted by transfer talk, more likely because we have been shit. He's worth a punt, you'll get him cheap, as we need the money.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cambridge United fan here. Holroyd certainly has bags of pace and certainly worries the defending donkeys at our level, he's been out of sorts the past few games, possibly distracted by transfer talk, more likely because we have been shit. He's worth a punt, you'll get him cheap, as we need the money.

'Defending donkeys' :lolol:

Do you think he has the potential to be a good player at a higher level?

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick

Im liking what i hear about him , seen a few goals of his on youtube ,typical strikers goals , im hoping we will get him as he sounds a promising striker.

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
Potential - yes. Physically he needs to bulk up a bit, but he's got quick feet and some clever touches. If Morrison can step up from Satanage, Chrissy can do it for your lot.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Potential - yes. Physically he needs to bulk up a bit, but he's got quick feet and some clever touches. If Morrison can step up from Satanage, Chrissy can do it for your lot.

Thanks for the info, what would you say was his main attribute/s? pace? technical ability?

Sir Dougie Freedman

Dec 8, 2008
Interesting, sounds like a player who has a good footballing brain and gets himself into goal scoring positions very regularly, scored 15/16 so far in like 25 appearances though hasn't he so that proves he can finish I guess. (I think that stat is similar to Beckford's when he signed for Leeds)

I doubt he has a brain, let alone a footballing one.

Hissing Fauna

Jan 12, 2010
Brighton
Definitely his pace, and when he's up for it, he has that self-confidence you look for in a player. I think that being in a squad with better players can only improve him technically, being in a team that gives him decent service can only up his confidence. I'll be sad to see him go, but, as I said upthread, we need the money.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
I think we should be looking at Richard Brodie at York. 24 goals already this season and is always bagging one or two assists every game. Also left sided. Go on gus, you know you want to ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here