Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris holdroydnew striker

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Well, it seems that Gus doesn't rate Davies, so this guy may be the next gamble, I suppose...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If he has flat out pace and can finish then he is worth a look for sure. The steo up to League One from the BSqP is not that great. Defo worth a gamble. It's not like we can't afford to try him is it?

dahdevon

Oct 3, 2009
Worth a gamble. I was banging on about getting Morrison from Stevenage for ages and look, he goes to Millwall and scores 10 goals so far. Doesn't Aaron Mclean want to leave Peterborough? Very long shot, but Bloom may have the money and the stadium might convince him.

i wish we listened to you all the time murray..........
:laugh:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Les Ferdinand and Kevin Phillips also both emerged from the non-league circuit (and both from Hayes if I'm remembering right (LF definately was)).

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Worth a gamble. I was banging on about getting Morrison from Stevenage for ages and look, he goes to Millwall and scores 10 goals so far. Doesn't Aaron Mclean want to leave Peterborough? Very long shot, but Bloom may have the money and the stadium might convince him.

didnt he start of pretty poor,millwall were on his back,but hasnt stopped scoring since

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Elder was sold for a profit. You could factor in all of the failures we bought from league clubs, Jason Peake and Mark Farrington for a start.

Last edited:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Maclean is rated at 4 million by posh. Of Holroyd is out of contract at the end of the season he won't cost much and therefore is worth a gamble.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Chris Holroyd is an overrated peice of shit. Seen him twice for Cambridge United against Stevenage and he's done f*** all each time.

If you want decent conference players try

Micheal Bostwick
+
Scott Laird

both of them are at Stevenage and could easily make the step up to League 1in my opinion. Laird is a LB and by far the best in the league, whilst Bostwick is a centre back or a centre mid (better in the midfielder) and has been fantastic for the last season and a bit. Both young around 21 I think

Would suggest them to Palace fans but you know...

Keep your hands off them!!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Holroyd does have good pace and good finishing ability, if he managed to maintain it every week then there is no doubt that he would already be playing at a much higher level. Consistency, like many strikers in the lower leagues, is his problem. The hope is that with better service, better coaching and more experience, that he might fulfill his potential. I reckon his worth a gamble, particuarly given him being out of contract soon.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Poyet has confirmed Cambridge United striker Chris Holroyd is on his list of possible replacements for Craig Davies, who has joined Port Vale on loan.

He said: “He is one of the players on a list up front. On the list you have priorities. That doesn’t mean he is coming or that he is not coming. We will see in the next few days.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here