Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Child Abuse in the Catholic Church

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
a question -

did priests and reverends decide to take on that career already knowing they would have easy access to children, or is it a case of having such easy access and trust leading them to carry out the abuse they do?

not knowing a whole lot about it all, it does appear that the preisthood has more pedophiles working in it than other industries, which there must be a reason behind

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Some research in Germany suggested that Catholic priests are more likely to become sexual abusers because of their celabacy. In short, it just ain't normal. I'm not entirely sure of the validity of this research though.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think its got more to do with being in a trusted position meaning that parents and other adults dont really think of it happening rather than them only doing it to have a quick fiddle with the choir boy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I think its got more to do with being in a trusted position meaning that parents and other adults dont really think of it happening rather than them only doing it to have a quick fiddle with the choir boy.

and the ability to put "the fear of god" in their victims

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
if you were a pedophile back when this sort of thing was commonplace and people KNEW it was going on but just dont a blind eye, would you consider the prietshood as a career in order to get close to children?

seems to me that it could be a bit of a vicious circle

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The unfortuante thing about the Catholic Church is that they have been responsible for a lot of physical abuse over the years as well as sexual abuse. The real tragedy is that many Catholic parents never questioned the beatings and other punishments dished out by Priests and Nuns.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
if you were a pedophile back when this sort of thing was commonplace and people KNEW it was going on but just dont a blind eye, would you consider the prietshood as a career in order to get close to children?

seems to me that it could be a bit of a vicious circle

TO be a priest is not a career it's a vocation. Most Priests decide to become one long before they are mature enough to consider sex of any type. Why anybody would want to be a priest is beyond me but it's very unfair to label all priests as child molesters, it's a very small minority.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Thinking about it, abusing a Choir boy is against EVERYTHING they beleive in!

No sex before your married, oopps
Against the Gays, oopps

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
a question -

did priests and reverends decide to take on that career already knowing they would have easy access to children, or is it a case of having such easy access and trust leading them to carry out the abuse they do?

not knowing a whole lot about it all, it does appear that the preisthood has more pedophiles working in it than other industries, which there must be a reason behind

there is a reason, took me 18 months of solid research to find out.

start researching the seperate strands of The Jesuits and Hermetics, and follow your nose. I say no more.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
there is a reason, took me 18 months of solid research to find out.

start researching the seperate strands of The Jesuits and Hermetics, and follow your nose. I say no more.

that sounds a little too much da vinci code esque for me!

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Some research in Germany suggested that Catholic priests are more likely to become sexual abusers because of their celabacy. In short, it just ain't normal. I'm not entirely sure of the validity of this research though.

I agree with this. I really think the celabacy thing should be scrapped.

1. It's not normal
2. It is bad for your overall health and well-being.

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
that sounds a little too much da vinci code esque for me!

and thats the whole reason for the push behind his books - to overlay fiction on top of some very tangible research strands.

people are apathetic, "oh more priests f***ing boys, oh well, back to watching tv and the ipod." :US:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
TO be a priest is not a career it's a vocation. Most Priests decide to become one long before they are mature enough to consider sex of any type. Why anybody would want to be a priest is beyond me but it's very unfair to label all priests as child molesters, it's a very small minority.

Its not unfair to label all priests. There may only be a small minority caught but as is known many more go unpunished. But and its a huge BUT the majority are fully aware of this abuse and do cock all about it. They are just as bad the perverts.

The church and religion as a whole preys on the insecurity within human nature and to the ignorance of the uneducated. Added to the innocence of youth and bang there's you abuse whether sexual or brain washing. To priests abuse of a child is unlikely to raise many objections as reality does not sit well with them. They themselves have decided to follow a path dictated by lies, control, defined rule and fabrication, and as such the true adage, blind faith.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its not unfair to label all priests. There may only be a small minority caught but as is known many more go unpunished. But and its a huge BUT the majority are fully aware of this abuse and do cock all about it. They are just as bad the perverts.

The church and religion as a whole preys on the insecurity within human nature and to the ignorance of the uneducated. Added to the innocence of youth and bang there's you abuse whether sexual or brain washing. To priests abuse of a child is unlikely to raise many objections as reality does not sit well with them. They themselves have decided to follow a path dictated by lies, control, defined rule and fabrication, and as such the true adage, blind faith.

Far be it for me to defend the Catholic Church but what you say is fact or just a notion ? there's nothing to substantiate what you say is there ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No one is denying it but you do wonder if there isn't a certain amount of band wagon jumpoing going on. I went to a Catholic Primary and secondry school and there was no sexual abuse at either which I think is more typical. However the primary school I went to was run by some very sadistic nuns, not brides of Christ more like whores of Christ. However that was rather a long time ago.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Apparantly in Romania Catholic priests can get married. They dont have a celibacy vow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here