Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Nah, I'm not going to back her. I went with Rebecca last week - got her at 8s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nah, I'm not going to back her. I went with Rebecca last week - got her at 8s

So now you HAVE to watch until she goes out, which could be from now until Christmas.:facepalm:

Just think of the hours of contrived pap you are going to have to endure :lolol:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
that is a fair point but I think the majority of posters enjoythe show for what it is and take the matter with a pinch of salt. In my opinion the show would be better of without Cowell pulling the strings so to speak.

Agreed, although the engineering this year is just a step too far as clearly the better singers haven't gone through (apparently so that the viewing public can pay money to vote them back in).

And Cowell did no such thing with strings :blush:

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
What about these odds

Butt,Amir and Asif Bookies

Cher to fluff lines in second show Odds on
Cardle's voice to break in 4th show Odds on
Wahab Riaz to be wild card singing 'they knock me down' on fifth show Odds on.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
that is a fair point but I think the majority of posters enjoythe show for what it is and take the matter with a pinch of salt. In my opinion the show would be better of without Cowell pulling the strings so to speak.

I don't think Cowell could allow that level of freedom, as this show is purely about him making money at the end of the day.

He has done very well to disguise that fact as a "drama", and allowing people to feel they have some involvement, but I reckon we will start to get more "X Factor fixed" stories coming out in the next couple of years and perhaps interest will die down once people realise they've been conned.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I don't think Cowell could allow that level of freedom, as this show is purely about him making money at the end of the day.

He has done very well to disguise that fact as a "drama", and allowing people to feel they have some involvement, but I reckon we will start to get more "X Factor fixed" stories coming out in the next couple of years and perhaps interest will die down once people realise they've been conned.

I do agree but at the moment its just the right sort of froth for many people who sit in a Saturday evening.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What really OUTRAGED me was that Cowell put together 5 loser boys and 4 loser girls, created two girl/boy bands and then put the BOTH through!

So what was the point in having all that " come and sing and impress me" bollocks when he was going to put through the groups he created anyway?

Its all crap!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What really OUTRAGED me was that Cowell put together 5 loser boys and 4 loser girls, created two girl/boy bands and then put the BOTH through!

So what was the point in having all that " come and sing and impress me" bollocks when he was going to put through the groups he created anyway?

Its all crap!

In fairness they were actually better than the groups who arrived as groups

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

But no-one has been "conned".

Well, the only people who may feel conned are the ones who genuinely believed the auditions at the judges houses mean anything at all. The reason Cher Lloyd and annoying Katie are still in it is because the judges think they might have something the public likes.

The most annoying bits for me so far are having to listen to Cowell preaching to the acts about how "the hard work starts here". I mean, why bother? Hard work doesn't seem to translate into x factor success at all.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly

Its all crap!

and breathe in David.

the dancing is on Saturday now...:bowdown:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But no-one has been "conned".

Well, the only people who may feel conned are the ones who genuinely believed the auditions at the judges houses mean anything at all. The reason Cher Lloyd and annoying Katie are still in it is because the judges think they might have something the public likes.

Or something that the public doesn't like. Look at the way that some unpopular acts are chosen and kept in purely because they generate publicity. Cowell made a great act of slagging off Jedward but when it came to a vote wouldn't vote them off because he knew that Jedward was getting the show talked about and generating votes for the other acts.

Katie will be the same: She's certain to finish in the bottom two in the first week but I bet she won't go.

I like X Factor as entertainment but I wouldn't vote on it in a fit

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I am actually clapping the producers of X Factor right now having just read the entire thread, somehow they have got this show on to the discussion pages of a football forum, an intelligent one at that, brilliant!! Btw the way I love the x factor!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So is Gamu def coming back!?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I am actually clapping the producers of X Factor right now having just read the entire thread, somehow they have got this show on to the discussion pages of a football forum, an intelligent one at that, brilliant!! Btw the way I love the x factor!!

Oh they are very clever. But EVIL with it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anyone who doesn't realise that roughly 90% of it is entirely scripted has been conned.

While the whole thing has been set up to earn Cowell the maximum amount of money, I don't believe the phone-in is a fix. There's been so much grief about TV phone-in votes in the past couple of years I reckon the TV companies will be pulling out everything to ensure that it's seen as fair.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan;3737101 I don't believe the phone-in is a fix. There's been so much grief about TV phone-in votes in the past couple of years I reckon the TV companies will be pulling out everything to ensure that it's seen as fair.[/QUOTE said:
Doesn't need to be fixed as Cowell gets to choose which of the bottom 2 go, and just like with JEdward last year it eventually reaches pisstaking levels.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyone who doesn't realise that roughly 90% of it is entirely scripted has been conned.

I have no idea whether or what your statement is correct or not. If you can justify what you have said please do so. If not then i 'll guess that you've made it up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here