Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheryl Cole (X-Factor)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
. The fact that annoying streak of blonde piss drama queen went through was an utter farce. .

She has a touch of Princess Diana about her, gonna be car crash telly and that's what it's all about.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
She didn't get through.

But next week they are offering wild card places from those who did not make it. It is obvious she will be one of them. It is all planned, it has to be.

And that blond girl faked her mess ups at the first audition and at the judges house, just to gain a bit of sympathy. Funny how she pretty much nailed it when she needed to - Total fix

Oct 25, 2003
She has a touch of Princess Diana about her, gonna be car crash telly and that's what it's all about.

funny-graphs-oh-no-you-didnt.gif

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
But next week they are offering wild card places from those who did not make it. It is obvious she will be one of them. It is all planned, it has to be.

And that blond girl faked her mess ups at the first audition and at the judges house, just to gain a bit of sympathy. Funny how she pretty much nailed it when she needed to - Total fix

So they deliberately didn't put the best acts through, so that they earn loads of money off the phonelines as the public votes them back in.

What a load of big fat hairy bollocks.

I'm now boycotting...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm now boycotting...

I am also out from here on in. I wasn't gonna watch at all this year and held out until two weeks ago when my daughter insisted on watching and as i was in the room......

It is such a fix that it's an insult to the intelligence so hopefully I'll be intelligent enough to give it a swerve from now :lolol:

Oct 25, 2003
"She has a touch of Princess Diana about her, gonna be car crash telly and that's what it's all about. "

:laugh:

if that's unintentional then it's SUPERB

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Of the ones though (so far) here is my uneducated and pointless assessment...

Aiden Grimshaw: Bland bland bland - all looks and no personality. The girlies will love him, he'll last until the final 5 or so and will then, quite rightly be booted out and if 6 months time will be news on page 7 of the News of the World for Having sex with a bulgarian prostitute who has sold the story.
Matt Cardle: Like this guy - potential winner.
Nicolo Festa: Oddly enough I really like the aloof arrogance of this chap - and that surprises me. No chance of winning though as he is a wop.
John Adeleye: Who? I must have missed this guy all the way through the auditions. Nice guy, reasonable singer. Out within 3 weeks and forgotten forever.
Mary Byrne: "Mary from Tesco" - will have frumpy checkout workers up and down the country rooting for her. Unfortunately their phones will all be out of credit so she won't get many votes.
Storm Lee: Nobody will love him as much as he loves himself. Like Nicolo I like him in an odd sort of way.
Cher Lloyd: The anorexic chav rapper. Looks like the bastard hybrid offspring of Amy Winehouse (on a bad day) and Dot Cotton. Annoying, ugly and terrible eyebrows.
Katie Waissel: Witch.
Rebecca Ferguson: Love this girl - the new Leona potentially. Her big problem may be that she has a very old fashioned vocal style (which I like) but I fear that she may not be able to become a bit more contemporary.
F.Y.D. - Must have been in the queue next to John Adeleye as I have completely misse these guys also. OK but nothing special
One Direction: – One for the teeny girls just like Aiden. OK but again nothing special.
Belle Amie: - Bye Amie.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

[
Mary Byrne: "Mary from Tesco" - will have frumpy checkout workers up and down the country rooting for her. Unfortunately their phones will all be out of credit so she won't get many votes.
[

:lolol::lolol:

I think that just about everyone agrees that Matt and Rebecca are the best singers - but that doesn't necessarily mean they win.

Your assessments are pretty good but I think 1 Direction will make the final three and I reckon that John Adeleye will last longer than three weeks - but won't make final five.

Katie to go first.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Aiden Grimshaw: Bland bland bland - all looks and no personality. The girlies will love him, he'll last until the final 5 or so and will then, quite rightly be booted out and if 6 months time will be news on page 7 of the News of the World for Having sex with a bulgarian prostitute who has sold the story.
Matt Cardle: Like this guy - potential winner.
Nicolo Festa: Oddly enough I really like the aloof arrogance of this chap - and that surprises me. No chance of winning though as he is a wop.
John Adeleye: Who? I must have missed this guy all the way through the auditions. Nice guy, reasonable singer. Out within 3 weeks and forgotten forever.
Storm Lee: Nobody will love him as much as he loves himself. Like Nicolo I like him in an odd sort of way.
Cher Lloyd: The anorexic chav rapper. Looks like the bastard hybrid offspring of Amy Winehouse (on a bad day) and Dot Cotton. Annoying, ugly and terrible eyebrows.
Katie Waissel: Witch.
Rebecca Ferguson: Love this girl - the new Leona potentially. Her big problem may be that she has a very old fashioned vocal style (which I like) but I fear that she may not be able to become a bit more contemporary.
F.Y.D. - Must have been in the queue next to John Adeleye as I have completely misse these guys also. OK but nothing special
One Direction: – One for the teeny girls just like Aiden. OK but again nothing special.
Belle Amie: - Bye Amie.

You've almost nailed it, but I have a couple of differences of opinion:

Katie Waissel: Annoying arrogant private school type, who thinks it's OK to be disorganised at other people's inconvenience but is likely to yell uncontrollably at the staff in Starbucks if they forget her extra latte shot. Decent enough voice though, but nowhere near good enough to win.
Storm: Incredibly ordinary voice, 37 years old but fancies himself as more of a mature 20 something hearthrob. He thinks he's David Gray. Dear oh dear, he really is that out of date.

Totally with you when it comes to the Italian guy, Matt, Rebecca and my dark course, Mary (she may win the anti-pop vote when X Factor starts to swamp popular culture even more)

And Cher Lloyd, I used to really like her but she's gone down in my estimation. I don't like the fact Cheryl has simply made space for her at the expense of some quite talented singers (the girls group were by far the best).

Final comment. Was there any point in the two manufactured groups turning up at Cowell's house? It was sooooo obvious they were going through because a) he made them himself and b) most of the other groups were absolute shite. Especially "husstle" and that crap boy band made up people in their 30s.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I like Matt, but not convinced he's not a bit 'one trick'.

How will he cope with some weeks, when different styles are required?

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I think Simon's got the winners in 'Belle Aime' or 'One Direction', the girls look good and did a great audition, the curly haired kid in one direction can sing and they all look cute to get the teeny vote - Cowell will make a lot of money from these two groups as with JLS etc, doesn't really matter who wins.

Matt Cardle may be able to sing but is too old/desperate to get people to phone when it gets near the end, the single male singers never make it in the end anyway (bar Will Young). Tesco Mary may be the surprise package as SuBo was.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I like Matt, but not convinced he's not a bit 'one trick'.

How will he cope with some weeks, when different styles are required?

He does at least have one trick though which puts him two ahead of pretty much all the rest

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Final comment. Was there any point in the two manufactured groups turning up at Cowell's house? It was sooooo obvious they were going through because a) he made them himself and b) most of the other groups were absolute shite. Especially "husstle" and that crap boy band made up people in their 30s.

Quite so. Simmo Cowell using his nailed on skill of spotting talent that could be fused to gether as a group was hardly likely to dismiss them thereby revelaing to nation that he capable of a mistake.

On Husstle their main drawback was the Blonde with the dodgy beehive type thing who seemed to be too dominant a force in the group. Are you referring to the crap boy band who had one member wearing polo shirts done up with a tie? If so that was totally cringeworthy.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think Simon's got the winners in 'Belle Aime' or 'One Direction', the girls look good and did a great audition, the curly haired kid in one direction can sing and they all look cute to get the teeny vote - Cowell will make a lot of money from these two groups as with JLS etc, doesn't really matter who wins.

Matt Cardle may be able to sing but is too old/desperate to get people to phone when it gets near the end, the single male singers never make it in the end anyway (bar Will Young). Tesco Mary may be the surprise package as SuBo was.

Too old ?. He's 27 :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here