Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheryl Cole (X-Factor)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have no idea whether or what your statement is correct or not. If you can justify what you have said please do so. If not then i 'll guess that you've made it up.

Have you ever watched an episode of X Factor? It's there for all to see.

OK, example - and this happens plenty of times:

Girl A walks on, looks quite good. Goes to sing, starts OK but then suddenly seems "nervous" for some reason. She says some rhubarb about "I can sing, honestly." (Cowell obviously already knows this). The crowd plead with Simon to give her another chance.

Simon says, "OK, what else can you sing?" The Girl A thinks of a song "off the top of her head" - and suggests it as if it is going to be an off-the-cuff unrehearsed performance.

MAGICALLY the sound guy has the music all ready to go immediately (is this guy some kind of PSYCHIC?!), cues it up and Girl A delivers an absolutely flawless (autotuned, and we do know this is true) performance (but remember, totally unplanned and totally unrehearsed, because she'd only just thought to do the song right then).

And Cheryl Cole does that shocked open mouth thing.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

I loved the bit where the hopefuls were off to meet their mentors and were apparently left guessing as to which of the 4 it could possibly be as they jetted off to Ireland, Australia and Marbella :lolol: The only one that could have been a suprise was Ascot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Doesn't need to be fixed as Cowell gets to choose which of the bottom 2 go, and just like with JEdward last year it eventually reaches pisstaking levels.

...which is why I said above that it's not just about the acts that people like, it's about the acts that people hate too.

But the final five are voted for by the public and I believe that those are genuine public votes. The more interesting question is why none of the male winners have gone on to further success - the public support doesn't extend to buying the music. Although it does for the women singers - very strange.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Justify with actual evidence if you can. If it's true there will be the supporting evidence somewhere.

There are articles stating that the "better" singers performances are tweaked and auto-tuned afterwards in a studio, so what we see/hear on the TV is faked.

Google "X Factor auto tune".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are articles stating that the "better" singers performances are tweaked and auto-tuned afterwards in a studio, so what we see/hear on the TV is faked.

Google "X Factor auto tune".

Love to know how that works on a LIVE show. Is Cowell an anti christ?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Girl A walks on, looks quite good. Goes to sing, starts OK but then suddenly seems "nervous" for some reason. She says some rhubarb about "I can sing, honestly." (Cowell obviously already knows this). The crowd plead with Simon to give her another chance.

Simon says, "OK, what else can you sing?" The Girl A thinks of a song "off the top of her head" - and suggests it as if it is going to be an off-the-cuff unrehearsed performance.

MAGICALLY the sound guy has the music all ready to go immediately (is this guy some kind of PSYCHIC?!), cues it up and Girl A delivers an absolutely flawless (autotuned, and we do know this is true) performance (but remember, totally unplanned and totally unrehearsed, because she'd only just thought to do the song right then).

And Cheryl "convicted of racist assault yet inexplicably for no reason whatsoever the People's Princess" Cole does that shocked open mouth thing.

What you says is absolutely true - except that CC wasn't convicted of a racial assault. She was convicted of assault

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What you says is absolutely true - except that CC wasn't convicted of a racial assault. She was convicted of assault

Edited.

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
X Factor Bosses Admit To Staging Scenes
August 16th, 2007 by Lisa McGarry.

X Factor bosses yesterday admitted to staging some scenes while filming for the new series, due to air this Saturday evening.

Some of the staged scenes include footage of Simon Cowell telling producers that something is not right with the current judging panel and that he wants Louis Walsh back.

However, ITV bosses insist that the scenes are not faked…as such. They claim not to be misleading viewers, rather, the cameras missed the original moments or scenes, but bosses deemed them important to the telling of the story and so had them reinacted and placed them in the correct sequence in the show.
==========

Amazing.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sorry. She was convicted of assault and while she assaulted the woman she used racial slurs.

No. She was convicted of assault - she was acquitted of any racial element

I really think that, while it's unlikely CC's lawyer will be perusing NSC, potentially libellous statements should be avoided

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

That's alright then. She just assaulted a toilet cleaner trying to do her job, nothing wrong with that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I really think that, while it's unlikely CC's lawyer will be perusing NSC, potentially libellous statements should be avoided

Fair enough. I take it back.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's alright then. She just assaulted a toilet cleaner trying to do her job, nothing wrong with that.

Oh, there's plenty wrong with it. I drew attention last week to the discrepancy between CC's public image as the "nation's sweetheart" and her history as a thug, but we need to be fair in case any of m'learned friends are interested.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah well it's not worth causing Bozza any hassle so I've edited the aforementioned posts.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

I think that editing out the 30 seconds where some bloke searches for a track on his computer (or whatever) that probably has 95% of all the music of the past 50 years on it is something that you can criticise. It's also not difficult to recite a favourite song at short notice to a fairly good standard (depending on your own ability level obviously). However i take your point but i do not agree that it is as (90%) pre-prepared and pre-scripted as per your original post.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I think that editing out the 30 seconds where some bloke searches for a track on his computer (or whatever) that probably has 95% of all the music of the past 50 years on it is something that you can criticise. It's also not difficult to recite a favourite song at short notice to a fairly good standard (depending on your own ability level obviously). However i take your point but i do not agree that it is as (90%) pre-prepared and pre-scripted as per your original post.

Anyone who turns up for a SINGING audition with only 1 song to perform is a bit of a twat anyway.

I can't understand why people get so f***ing het up and precious about the X Factor. It's a bit of light-hearted Saturday night entertainment and as long as you don't pay money to vote, then who gives a shit.

If you don't like it and think Cole/Cowell are the Devil Incarnate, then walk away gracefully and watch casualty or whatever is on Dave and the like.

Give ITV a swerve and save your blood pressure.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love the X Factor and take it for what it is. I don't agree it is shite as these shows have unearthed some genuine talent like Leona Lewis who is World class in her field, Will Young who is a genuine talent, Rhydian who is big in theatrical shows now, Alexandra Burke who has ability and Girls Aloud who are a very good pop act imo.

Despite the farce of the audtions I believe the best singer will rise to the top, ie Matt Cardle strongly challenged by Rebecca Ferguson. They could both cut it as recording artists.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Unfortunately your rant is incorrect.

The contestants have a cd with about 5 tracks on. They sing track 1. The other 4 are in there incase of technical fault with the track or the judges not liking the song.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here