Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
This is what Chelsea fans were saying in the pub. One good ball over the top and we're undone. There's no time for players to get back. Hopefully Fab will have learnt a lot from today's game.

I thought he might have learnt from last week v relatively average PL oppo considering who we were up against today...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Do you think our current defenders can deliver clean-sheets with this system?
Probably not many clean sheets, but it can deliver results where we will often score more than we concede.
*That is with a defence that includes JPvH and Veltman.

Webbdini doesn't look mobile enough to play in a high line. But, yes I think we can win more than we lose, but not necessarily with clean sheets.

basque seagull

Oct 21, 2012
I was at Villa and Luton away last year, and here today.. the performance was miles better than either of those two shockers under RDZ.
However, the Webster error was defo on a par with last year against West Ham. Sadly he’s a mistake waiting to happen.
But tbf, Palmer’s free kick and his finish for the 4th were superb.
The free kick was a thing of beauty. Shitty for us but hey ho

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm really not that keen on having such a specific way of setting up to play (e.g. the very high line).
It means endless analysis videos all over YouTube, and focused oppo coaching to counteract this.
I would like us to be unpredictable in how we set up and play. Maybe that makes coaching much harder, maybe too hard 🤔.
Kids in their bedrooms putting stuff on Youtube is irrelevant……..the teams of analysts every club have will have done it to death anyway, and in far more detail

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Disappointing then , seeing as he appeared to be our number one defensive acquisition

disappointing then, seeing as he appeared to be our number one defensive acquisition.
Turkey league to Premier a massive upgrade.
Early days, he’ll come good

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I give up.

He is the only reason that a jittery looking Chelsea got back into a game that up until then they were second best in.
Sport at any level is about momentum, we literally gave it back to them.
It’s not like this is out of the blue is it? He’s been making these mistakes for years now, he’s not good enough.
When the team came out JP being out and Webster in were met with equal groans around me.
You really think that was all Websters fault? Jeez

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We did, and he just gave up because of them whilst whinging and blaming TB. Unforgivable imo :shrug:
He got us into Europe and wasn’t really backed in the market, you can see both sides to it I suppose. Anyhow at least he had a point to his tactics high line to cause overloads in attacking areas. Now we are playing a high line for no apparent reason as we are no longer over loading. Mitoma put some great balls into today not an Albion player anywhere near.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Oh for the days when we were happy if we got draw with Colchester!

We lost a very entertaining game to a Chelsea side who look much better this year then previous years and have probably the hottest striker in the premier league. We didnt have a first choice back line and we are still bedding in players. We were playing away to a team who look likely to finish in the top six.

Get over it and move on everyone! Nothing to see here!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

We lost a very entertaining game to a Chelsea side who look much better this year then previous years and have probably the hottest striker in the premier league. We didnt have a first choice back line and we are still bedding in players. We were playing away to a team who look likely to finish in the top six.

Shut up with your perfectly reasonable assessment! Pfft!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Maybe Fabi needs to show him the Brighton home and away shirts and explain that he should pass to players wearing those shirts?
Would be helpful 👍

TB wants top six this season :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here