Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Post match Fab said (some decent direct questions from the interviewer) that if we can't get pressure on the ball higher up the pitch, then we need to drop.
But, I don't think that's possible during open play!! If we don't pressure in midfield then the oppo can fire a ball over the top for their runners...we have a nanosecond to "drop", it's not gonna happen! Need to have dropped before.
The issue is the 8s. It’s going to continue to be the 8s. They’re so easy to break past as they’re so high up. A lot of the biggest sides talk about a 6 second window of closing down before reverting to shape and dropping… the issue is the 8s being so high means that 6 second window isn’t really there.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
'Want' doesn't necessarily 'get'. TB is fully aware of that, as are most of us.
There is no reason why we shouldn’t be playing the right way. Head for head are our players that far behind Villa for example. I don’t think so they play a better style and can’t be undone by a simple ball over the top time and time again or get undone by simple through balls because our defenders are miles apart?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
That was a shocker today, our defensive style was appalling. We should have lost more heavily. With such high expectations having spent £200m we have Weiffer (so-so) Ferdi (so-so), Minteh (so-so), Rutter (0k-ish), O'Riley (crocked within 6 mins), ACD (shipped out), Gruda (ready to start apparently but not in the squad), Osman (in and out), Yalcouye (in and out), Enciso (stalling), Dunk & Webster (shaky), Pervis (shaky-ish) etc etc. I doubt this was the start that Bloom anticipated

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Would be helpful 👍

TB wants top six this season :shrug:
And he may well get it but a swallow doesn't a summer make innit and it was Chelsea and Porter , not Fulham and Jiminez or even Villa and Watkins. Keep the head son :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
He got us into Europe and wasn’t really backed in the market,

Can't help wondering how RDZ would be faring with us this season, given the players we've signed. However, it's all really a nonsense as he would have wanted to sign different players and that's the reason he left.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
There is no reason why we shouldn’t be playing the right way. Head for head are our players that far behind Villa for example. I don’t think so they play a better style and can’t be undone by a simple ball over the top time and time again or get undone by simple through balls because our defenders are miles apart?
And whose 'right way' are you suggesting that we play? Yours?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
That was a shocker today, our defensive style was appalling. We should have lost more heavily. With such high expectations having spent £200m we have Weiffer (so-so) Ferdi (so-so), Minteh (so-so), Rutter (0k-ish), Rutter (ok-ish), O'Riley (crocked within 6 mins), ACD (shipped out), Gruda (ready to start apparently but not in the squad), Osman (in and out), Yalcouye (in and out), Enciso (stalling), Dunk & Webster (shaky), Pervis (shky-ish) etc etc. I doubt this was the start that Bloom anticipated
Must be gutted: Beaten only once (thus far) and only a couple of points off Europe.
Sack 'em all! :D

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Not suicide football for starters. If it wasn’t for Sanchez being shit we lose 4-0 and it could have been more.
We could have won that game - it was a mess. They had Palmer...we didn't. It was so close to being 3-3 and then anyone's game.
Shit happens, but I'm not down about it, especially as most (including me) expected to lose this one.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We could have won that game - it was a mess. They had Palmer...we didn't. It was so close to being 3-3 and then anyone's game.
Shit happens, but I'm not down about it, especially as most (including me) expected to lose this one.
We let Palmer do what he wanted he had to be man marked. Remember how we put Levi on Ødegaard and snuffed him out when we destroyed Arsenal? We all know Palmer is a fantastic player he was playing like he was in the park with mates.
It seems to be all basic stuff Hürzeler can’t get right which is worrying.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
We let Palmer do what he wanted he had to be man marked. Remember how we put Levi on Ødegaard and snuffed him out when we destroyed Arsenal? We all know Palmer is a fantastic player he was playing like he was in the park with mates.
I like your postings but this is ridiculous we 6 games into the season we destrory spuds next week this week eill be forgotten , we all knew the style of play there would be a few rocky spells

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I like your postings but this is ridiculous we 6 games into the season we destrory spuds next week this week eill be forgotten , we all knew the style of play there would be a few rocky spells
Before they equalised no one took control Dunk didn’t pull the line 5-10 yards back Hürzeler didn’t instruct it either they were all over us until they equalised it was all a matter of time before their goals came.
Let’s hope it was a valuable lesson and we beat Spuds.
I really don’t mind losing if there is nothing we could do and get beat by quality.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It might be worrying to you, and that's fine. Me? I'm genuinely not worried. Palmer played a blinder and all credit to him.
As I said earlier, shit happens.

Edit: And we were 'beaten by quality' - Palmer.

HangletonGull

Apr 10, 2023
Before they equalised no one took control Dunk didn’t pull the line 5-10 yards back Hürzeler didn’t instruct it either they were all over us until they equalised it was all a matter of time before their goals came.
Let’s hope it was a valuable lesson and we beat Spuds.
I really don’t mind losing if there is nothing we could do and get beat by quality.
Dunk is on a slow decline I’m positive it will be his last season as regular starter he was at fault for the Arsenal goal maybe they might replace him in jan who knows

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Dunk is on a slow decline I’m positive it will be his last season as regular starter he was at fault for the Arsenal goal maybe they might replace him in jan who knows
I’ve always thought he’s not a great big game player fine when we are cruising not so good at digging in when it matters at this level. His mistakes are brushed off and poor old Webby, JPVH and Igor get roasted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here