Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
We need to target Cucurella and Sanchez. Although they have slightly improved recently, we know they have a lot of weaknesses. Also, get Baleba running at Caicedo who would have been sent off a lot last season for two yellows if referees had been stronger.
Given that we are at Stamford Bridge and the ref is quite possibly going to be a homer I imagine there is more chance of Baleba picking up two yellows than Caiceido!

How many tickets have we got for this game?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Hmm… a difficult game ahead and last season’s stats do not make good reading. Pity about Pedro,I agree we shall probably see Ferdi the Turk in action. Who knows about Gruda ? Mystery man .
Anyway , at least it is Saturday at 3 o clock and a point will be a good result.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
When was the last time we saw such negativity on a match day thread before a ball was kicked?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I can see me turning this one off early as we take a kicking. Man flu is not helping my negative outlook.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am worried about this one. Jackson will run riot with the high line and palmer picking him out. I just hope he has one of his days where he finishes like a clown!
So maybe we shouldn't play a high line. If Ferdi or Pervis have the pace to stop them, fine, but otherwise I'd rather we weren't giving away goals for free.

ElectricNaz

Jan 23, 2013
Hampshire
Looking forward. Chelsea really haven't been tested yet. Landing in Prague early afternoon, should be able to get checked in then find a pub showing it!

Beat Barrow 5-0 well done Chelsea pays back some of that billion
Beat West Ham and they're crap atm
Scored just once beating Bmuff, who conceded twice to Everton
Drew at home to *this* Palace (not the end of last seasons Palace), lol
Smashed a crap Wolves a long while ago

It's not the foregone conclusion some people think it is

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Looking forward. Chelsea really haven't been tested yet. Landing in Prague early afternoon, should be able to get checked in then find a pub showing it!

In the eye-catching 6-2 against Wolves, Chelsea only had 1.68 xG. Wolves had 1.96.

They also 'underperformed' (but outscored) Bournemouth by a fairly significant margin.

They SMASHED Palace on xG, but got out-lucky-sodded...

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Surely we need to see Ferdi in action today to get some pace into the defence. Don’t understand why we spend record amounts on players who then sit out the games on the bench. Most other teams big money signings are straight in doing the business.
Yup. Playing all their new signings straight away has worked out well for West Ham hasn’t it? ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
FH has said we will play a low block depending on how the game is going and transition to a high line when attacking. Well at least that is how I read his comments in the Argus :shrug:
Thanks. The problem is when we lose the ball.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Did you see the match stats in the OP? We lost to them 3 times last season, they’ve lost 2 in the last 20 (Arsenal and Manchester City)… our away record against them is horrific…

It would be a massive upset to get a point.

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I won’t be at Stamford Bridge so please give the 3 ex Albion players an afternoon of very loud boos from me, whilst winning would make it a special afternoon :smile:

Fingers crossed that those going enjoy themselves :thumbsup:
I’ve not spoken for a week and I’ve hired a Glyndebourne opera singer to give me a vocal warm up at 2pm just to make sure my boooooo is as good as it can possibly be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here