Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Fab is clearly not good enough at this level. Admit we made an error and move on.
Don’t be ridiculous - do you honestly think Tony’s Starlizard system is so shit as to convince both him and PBOBE to employ a manager that wouldn’t be upto EPL level ? He’s new to the EPL not incompetent at it. A bit more thinking goes into finding a replacement manager than taking a chance on a 19 year old kid for £8m.

I completely agree the tactics haven’t worked for us today but if you had seen the Spurs game against Chelsea where Spurs played a very high line, and repeatedly got through Chelsea’s defence, you could understand some of the thinking that went on here.

When you are 4:2 down - it’s a bit late to play in a low block when out of possession - we need to keep on attacking.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot are questioning it too which I think is fair enough. I don't see any issue in questioning ability to adapt to try and stop us from continually being cut open.
It's happened to other sides before, yes, but I'm not sure I've ever seem a manager not try and plug the issue.
Chelsea are on song going forward yes, Fab needs to work out a way to stop it, great managers can adapt.

I’ve seen one PL manager do this despite allowing chance after chance, Kompany last season. He refused to amend tactics.

Can’t remember if even he changed in the end?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Massively exciting from the Albion with loads of attacking threat.
If we could sort out our defence we would be brilliant.
Incredible entertainment and potential.

We just need to sort out this high line malarkey. We play like we only have 10 men.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
The worry is that this is happening after only six matches. Now that teams have a chance to analyse our approach, it’s only going to happen more often unless we adapt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here