Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea Victory Parade

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Didn't even know it was on until I read it on here. I'm only a few miles away and YET it is apparently the talk of Brighton.

Shame on you.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We went to the parade - you're right, it is a bit cringeworthy when it's not your own team, but I think my son enjoyed it and that was the main thing.

Lots of waiting around and nearly 2 hours to get home afterwards (4 tube stops), it was worse than Wembley in that respect - though not sure that Battersea would be any better if they move there.

Now that I don't understand.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, I seriously didn't mean to and I sincerely apologise. I was just picking up on the debate. I am sorry.

Mate all I ever was getting at is John Terry on a microphone is car crash stuff. I have no idea why you took offence to that. I'm thick skinned man trust me you didn't upset me one bit (well perhaps the Arsehole comment but hey ho)

Apology well and truly accepted

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What did he say to the yanks?

There was a story that him and some of his lovely Chelsea mates were in a hotel bar on 9/11 when it was all being shown on the telly and they were getting pissed, ordering champagne and chucking £50 notes around while laughing at people throwing themselves out of the windows etc, and there were Americans in there who were clearly visibly upset and rightly thought their behaviour disgusting. How true any of this is - or whether it was completely exagerrated or even made up by the tabloid press - is anyone's guess, but it seemed to backed up by quite a lot of witnesses at the time.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
League's are a little different.

However much Terry's role in securing the European Cup is dressed up and no matter how much Terry himself wants to be part of the final success I know, you know, and deep down John Terry knows that his odious character finally caught up with him and he was denied playing a part in what would have been his finest hour.

Great post! I mean that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Great quote - but they won and thats all you will see in the record books. Its not pretty but its effective!!!

But, I bet Roman's next quest will be to win the cup properly.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We went to the parade - you're right, it is a bit cringeworthy when it's not your own team, but I think my son enjoyed it and that was the main thing.

Lots of waiting around and nearly 2 hours to get home afterwards (4 tube stops), it was worse than Wembley in that respect - though not sure that Battersea would be any better if they move there.

Why would it bother us that Battersea is worse that Chelsea we will only go there once a season, plus any cup matches, when we are in the premier league.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I love Chelsea I have supported them for over 40 years as my SECOND team, I would never spend the money on them as I do the Albion. But I did cry in the pub last night, and bought Champers! I was in Tottingham land, made it sweeter, was Blackpool supporters in there to fresh from Wembley, best away supporters ever, love them. Anyway I told them where to go for drinkypoos after the game next season. They were all girlies so thank me. But anyway Chelsea did what they needed to do and won. Not the best team on the night. Greatest diver in the world in Drogba but the guy wins matches. John Terry is a miserable fucker that should be hated but I will hold my judgement on him til he has his day in court. I support Chelsea and have done since the days of Bobby Tamblin , Charlie Cooke, my hero Peter Osgood and all the rest... I don't have a problem telling people on NSC this, my loyalty lies with the masseeef Albion, but I love Chelsea. There will always be players to hate, clubs shine through.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011
I was there as it's only a 20-minute bike ride from my pad. Plenty of celery was chucked about, you'll be pleased to know. Great view of Luiz with the trophy. I've been living in London since 1994 and SW20's my home. There's only 1 team in London!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I love Chelsea I have supported them for over 40 years as my SECOND team, I would never spend the money on them as I do the Albion. But I did cry in the pub last night, and bought Champers! I was in Tottingham land, made it sweeter, was Blackpool supporters in there to fresh from Wembley, best away supporters ever, love them. Anyway I told them where to go for drinkypoos after the game next season. They were all girlies so thank me. But anyway Chelsea did what they needed to do and won. Not the best team on the night. Greatest diver in the world in Drogba but the guy wins matches. John Terry is a miserable fucker that should be hated but I will hold my judgement on him til he has his day in court. I support Chelsea and have done since the days of Bobby Tamblin , Charlie Cooke, my hero Peter Osgood and all the rest... I don't have a problem telling people on NSC this, my loyalty lies with the masseeef Albion, but I love Chelsea. There will always be players to hate, clubs shine through.

Out of interest, who did you want to win when they played each other in the FA Cup in 1972?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Out of interest, who did you want to win when they played each other in the FA Cup in 1972?

I was there I was 8! I wanted Brighton to win, I was in the North West and remember it like yesterday. We lost, but I was awe struck by Osgood.

Jello Biafra

Aug 8, 2011

2 hours to travel 4 stops is about average for the District line isn't it? Battersea'd be great. A 30-minute bike ride away for me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I lied and I'm really sorry, my consciousness got the better of me now. I supported Chelsea and had a Chelsea scarf on... sorry.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I lied and I'm really sorry, my consciousness got the better of me now. I supported Chelsea and had a Chelsea scarf on... sorry.

Thanks for your honesty. Have you seen the video footage of this rather feisty game?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Thanks for your honesty. Have you seen the video footage of this rather feisty game?

No but I did go, and I remember hiding my Chelsea scarf at 8 years old because I thought I'd get beaten up by Brighton supporters and I was like 3 foot nothing!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here