Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Bayern Munich ***** Official Match Thread *****

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
First Chelsea game of the season, Bushy?

Bit out of order BoF... people do support clubs like Chelsea and follow them all over Europe (hope I get the chance with Brighton)... all a bit to patronising for my taste.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bit out of order BoF... people do support clubs like Chelsea and follow them all over Europe (hope I get the chance with Brighton)... all a bit to patronising for my taste.
I've been going regularly for about 35 years now LB, seen plenty of lows away to the likes of preston and shrewsbury, thats what public schoolboys like BoF dont really understand, he feels the need to stress his "real fan " credentials, maybe he's got a bit of a complex about his non traditional footballing roots and has a point to prove, but anyway saturday made up for it all, in spades, i just wish i could relive that moment that drogbas penalty went in.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I've been going regularly for about 35 years now LB, seen plenty of lows away to the likes of preston and shrewsbury, thats what public schoolboys like BoF dont really understand, he feels the need to stress his "real fan " credentials, maybe he's got a bit of a complex about his non traditional footballing roots and has a point to prove, but anyway saturday made up for it all, in spades, i just wish i could relive that moment that drogbas penalty went in.

Good for you bushy and I'm well chuffed for the 'LondonBlues'... I, like you, have experienced the Chelsea downers, nearly going out of business, 18th in the old Div Two... football people understand this, 'patriots' don't seem to have a place in their heart for anything but themselves.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

You really do have a chip on your shoulder about public school.

For the record, I am a bad fan. Decided not to get a season ticket this season, didn't have one last season and don't expect to go to many games.

Non-traditional footballing roots? What on earth are you burbling on about? Oh yes. A working class game. Yadda yadda.

[MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION] - it was just a bit of gentle ribbing to get a reaction from our resident angry man. 'Football people'? What are football people?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

For the record, I am a bad fan. Decided not to get a season ticket this season, didn't have one last season and don't expect to go to many games.

Non-traditional footballing roots? What on earth are you burbling on about? Oh yes. A working class game. Yadda yadda.

[MENTION=17215]LondonBlue[/MENTION] - it was just a bit of gentle ribbing to get a reaction from our resident angry man. 'Football people'? What are football people?

Fair enough mate, no gripes here.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

For the record, I am a bad fan. Decided not to get a season ticket this season, didn't have one last season and don't expect to go to many games. Non-traditional footballing roots? What on earth are you burbling on about? Oh yes. A working class game. Yadda yadda.

One of the biggst seasons in your history and with a fantastic new stadium, could you even call yourself a fan ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
One of the biggst seasons in your history and with a fantastic new stadium, could you even call yourself a fan ?

I didn't have the money to commit to a season ticket last year. I finally got a job (after a prolonged period of unemployment) just as the tickets had sold out. I won't have time to go to many games next year as I will be studying for a PGCE, so will have to grab a game now and again when I can.

I'm not interested in labelling myself as anything. Call me a fan or not. I really don't give a stuff.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I didn't have the money to commit to a season ticket last year. I finally got a job (after a prolonged period of unemployment) just as the tickets had sold out. I won't have time to go to many games next year as I will be studying for a PGCE, so will have to grab a game now and again when I can.

I'm not interested in labelling myself as anything. Call me a fan or not. I really don't give a stuff.
So basically, you've got a bit of a cheek questioning anyone else's attendance record, lets face it , a REAL fan could spare the 3 hours every two weeks away from studying for a PGCE, you, obviously aren't.

Last edited:

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Albeit a few days late, but congratulations Chelsea. It was a fine defensive display, despite what people on here think. Drogba's header was first class, as was his penalty. Drogba and Cech deserve a lot of credit. As for Terry going up to pick the cup up, I think it was Frank Lampard who wanted that to happen. Mind you I see in the paper that the Russian wants four more CL trophies. A tad greedy lol.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dont even start to think that you are going to get away without acknowledging my reply, I wont let it go until you do :lolol:

I've been praying for a huge (perceived I may add) injustice involving a Bangladeshi since Saturday night in the vain hope it might focus your mind elsewhere.

Well done and I trust you enjoyed yourself in Munich.

I’m not sure if you saw my other post but the Guardian ran a header that said The Bayern “partied like it was 1999.” – now that did make me chuckle.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've been praying for a huge (perceived I may add) injustice involving a Bangladeshi since Saturday night in the vain hope it might focus your mind elsewhere.

I’m not sure if you saw my other post but the Guardian ran a header that said The Bayern “partied like it was 1999.” – now that did make me chuckle.

A black African immigrant scoring the winning goal for Chelsea must have been a sweet moment for all concerned!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Yes mate, i need a weeks rest to be honest, very clever headline by the guardian btw , who wrote it ? sounds like something a news of the world sub editor would come up with !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
seriously , some of them were whining like 5 year olds.

Agreed. Whining as if the result was 'unjust', saying Bayern were 'so much better'. Laughable. Chelsea were smarter, more effective, and won it without home advantage. Petr Cech had also clearly done his homework. For a world class keeper, he used to be surprisingly mediocre when it came to penalty-saving. No one can say that now.

Oct 25, 2003
So basically, you've got a bit of a cheek questioning anyone else's attendance record, lets face it , a REAL fan could spare the 3 hours every two weeks away from studying for a PGCE, you, obviously aren't.

knowing people who have done PGCE's, you basically have no free time at all (especially if you're doing the fast track)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here