Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea hard core.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if you want to use historical arguments then you can argue that huddersfield town are a bigger club than spurs, hey have after all won the league more times,
No you really couldn't. The number of league titles won is literally the only criteria on which Huddersfield are ahead of Spurs. What about league cups, FA Cups, European appearances, European trophy wins, average attendance down the years, nunber of top flight seasons, number of capped players etc etc. Spurs are, and nearly always have been MILES bigger than Huddersfield.

And Chelsea.

we get bigger gates than spurs now , its all about the present day, we are a bigger club than spurs , end of.
Not really, no. Your gates are bigger only because your ground is now bigger than theirs. And, by what, 5,000? Both grounds sell out virtually every league game, so really that proves jack shit. Chelsea are wealthier and more successful at the moment - but only significantly so in the past 3 years. Then again, most Chelsea fans weren't proper fans until then so no wonder they think they're the biggest show in town.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Excluding Wimbledon, this is the lowest home attendance since the Premier League started.

English Premier
Chelsea 1 (1) - 2(2) Coventry
Cascarino
Morgan
Ndlovu

At Stamford Bridge on 04-05-1994

Chelsea: Kharin ,Clarke ,Sinclair ,Duberry ,Johnsen ,Barnard ,Hopkin (Donaghy ,85 ) ,Newton ,Cascarino ,Fleck ,Burley
Subs not used: Hitchcock,Spackman,

Coventry: Gould ,Borrows ,Morgan ,Atherton ,Babb ,Rennie ,Darby ,Ndlovu ,Flynn ,Jenkinson ,Boland
Subs not used Quinn,Ogrizovic,Pickering,

Bookings: None

Attendance: 8923

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
No you really couldn't. The number of league titles won is literally the only criteria on which Huddersfield are ahead of Spurs. What about league cups, FA Cups, European appearances, European trophy wins, average attendance down the years, nunber of top flight seasons, number of capped players etc etc. Spurs are, and nearly always have been MILES bigger than Huddersfield.

And Chelsea.

Not really, no. Your gates are bigger only because your ground is now bigger than theirs. And, by what, 5,000? Both grounds sell out virtually every league game, so really that proves jack shit. Chelsea are wealthier and more successful at the moment - but only significantly so in the past 3 years. Then again, most Chelsea fans weren't proper fans until then so no wonder they think they're the biggest show in town.
ok then , blackpool, i think you know the point im trying to make, as for the point about bigger gates , you're just making assumptions which you cant prove , asan aside , the atmosphere at chelsea these days is shit , mainly due to the johnny come lateleys that we have gained along the way, i went to the carling cup final the other week and was in the spurs end, i was expecting a great atmosphere, it was shit, no better thjan chelsea at home, and certainly not as good as we would have been if we had been there.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
ooohhhh ! isnt jealousy a terrible thing ?the little green eyed monster rearing its ugly head then ? whats your record like against us over the past 25 years ? 10,000 crowds 10 years ago , i dont think so sonny! before you go on about glory hunters i'd be interested to hear your excuses, sorry reasons for supporting spurs when you live in brighton ? we are certainly bigger than you though arent we ? the only thing ive got to say to you is " you won the league in black and white "!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

First things first, you've twisted my words straight away. I said 14 years ago meaning 1995. Oh, and 1994 10 days before FA Cup final..12,000 against Swindon was it?

Jealousy? You really think I'd want some Billionaire to buy Spurs, buy all the best players, and just buy the league? No thanks. :wozza:

You've always been a small club, people who used to go Chelsea where only went there for the Greyhounds pal.

See you in a couple of weeks pal, when your'll be WRAPPED up by Old Bill straight away. Diddums.

Next thing, prove I wasn't born in Tottenham. Go on I dare ya'..

Run along rent boy..

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
First things first, you've twisted my words straight away. I said 14 years ago meaning 1995. Oh, and 1994 10 days before FA Cup final..12,000 against Swindon was it?

Jealousy? You really think I'd want some Billionaire to buy Spurs, buy all the best players, and just buy the league? No thanks. :wozza:

You've always been a small club, people who used to go Chelsea where only went there for the Greyhounds pal.

See you in a couple of weeks pal, when your'll be WRAPPED up by Old Bill straight away. Diddums.

Next thing, prove I wasn't born in Tottenham. Go on I dare ya'..

Run along rent boy..
do i think you'd like a billionaire to buy spurs and the league , in short, yes , he was going to buy spurs , but was flying over stamford bridge in his helicopter, asked whos ground it was , and im only surmising this , realised what a festering north london shithole tottenham was and decided to buy us instead , as for the comment about being wrapped up by old bill etc , i am more than happy to meet you before the game, or in fact at any other time to discuss matters if you so wish , i leave it up to you.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
do i think you'd like a billionaire to buy spurs and the league , in short, yes , he was going to buy spurs , but was flying over stamford bridge in his helicopter, asked whos ground it was , and im only surmising this , realised what a festering north london shithole tottenham was and decided to buy us instead , as for the comment about being wrapped up by old bill etc , i am more than happy to meet you before the game, or in fact at any other time to discuss matters if you so wish , i leave it up to you.

are you two going to have a fight ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
are you two going to have a fight ?
paxton spazo seems to want to judging by the sic "your'll be wrapped up by old bill straight away" comment :lol::lol: im not sure how involved he gets , perhaps he is one of those tosspots that every club has, you know the type i mean , he stands up and beckons opposing supporters on for a ruck , but makes sure there is a line of old bill ,steward, and at least 50 yards of pitch in between !!
:lol::dunce:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
paxton spazo seems to want to judging by the sic "your'll be wrapped up by old bill straight away" comment :lol::lol: im not sure how involved he gets , perhaps he is one of those tosspots that every club has, you know the type i mean , he stands up and beckons opposing supporters on for a ruck , but makes sure there is a line of old bill ,steward, and at least 50 yards of pitch in between !!
:lol::dunce:

Well...Are you coming to The Lane?

*Waits for "I'm skint" comment*

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Elo, Elo we are the Tottenham boys :thumbsup:

Bushy I'd watch out if I were you, you don't want to get on the wrong side of Mr. Dazo.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008
Not wishing to be pedantic or anything but it was 26 years ago - 1983 - and I remember it well because my daughter was born at 9.15.a.m. and I made the game in time to watch Jimmy Case barge the Norwich defender out the way and go on to score at the North End .
I am sure that when we are at Falmer and back in the Championship - we will be - crowds will return to respectability and create an atmosphere which is always found at away games - better than anything London clubs can provide - gone to the library?

I've always thought that the reason that the Albion get big away attendances is that we got used to taking a whole day to travel to and from "HOME" games. The habit has stuck.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
yep, and like i said, more than happy to meet up any time you like, but we dont have to wait until then,i only live in haywards heath, skint ? sonny, im a futures broker, i probably earn more in a month than you do in a year .

God, what was I thinking? Of course your going to be at your biggest game of the season.

Oh, and behave. :laugh:

My point being with your MASSIVE fanbase if you all come to Tottenham maybe you'd have more freedom? Go in any pubs? No..

Jan 30, 2008
yep, and like i said, more than happy to meet up any time you like, but we dont have to wait until then,i only live in haywards heath, skint ? sonny, im a futures broker, i probably earn more in a month than you do in a year .
oh bushy, i'm impressed:lolol:

I was watching a video( bit old school here) of |right hammerings and one of the featured games was Rotherham v Chelsea on 31 Oct 1981.

1981/1982
English Division 2 (old) Chelsea 1-4 Rotherham United 20-03-1982
English Division 2 (old) Rotherham United 6-0 Chelsea 31-10-1981

Home and away - Rotherham 10 Chelsea 1:laugh:

Big club? My arse!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
God, what was I thinking? Of course your going to be at your biggest game of the season.

Oh, and behave. :laugh:

My point being with your MASSIVE fanbase if you all come to Tottenham maybe you'd have more freedom? Go in any pubs? No..
been to tottenham plenty of times, been in plenty of pubs, and unlike tottenham at chelsea, we turn up a couple of hours before the game , not five to three, you joke.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I was watching a video( bit old school here) of |right hammerings and one of the featured games was Rotherham v Chelsea on 31 Oct 1981.

1981/1982
English Division 2 (old) Chelsea 1-4 Rotherham United 20-03-1982
English Division 2 (old) Rotherham United 6-0 Chelsea 31-10-1981

Home and away - Rotherham 10 Chelsea 1:laugh:

Big club? My arse!
simple arithmetic lesson ,that was 27 and 28 years ago respectively , what is your point ?

Jan 30, 2008
been to tottenham plenty of times, been in plenty of pubs, and unlike tottenham at chelsea, we turn up a couple of hours before the game , not five to three, you joke.
hold on bushy , i think spurs turned up at chelsea a couple off seasons ago for a pre arranged meet ended up with a few people being stabbed , correct me if i'm wrong :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here