Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea hard core.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the reason why the big 4 or 5 have got bigger attendances is because they have attracted supports (call them glory hunters if you like) from other less fashionable, home town clubs etc.

Certainly Sky football is partially to blame for this. The selling, the hype, the only league that matters etc. Many supports will travel miles to watch the big 5 as opposed to their local side

Maybe the credit crunch will mean more local supporters will attend their local sides matches, particularly if they are real football fans and not just armchair ones.

Thats where good ticketing prices, an attractive side to watch may help fill Falmer.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
hold on bushy , i think spurs turned up at chelsea a couple off seasons ago for a pre arranged meet ended up with a few people being stabbed , correct me if i'm wrong :smokin:
believe it or not i was at chelsea two weeks ago , and bumped into someone i used to go with on hickeys coach nearly thirty years ago, he is still at it !! he is nearly 50 and still getting involved in organised football violence, which i find quite sad to be honest , but what happened was , tottenham turned up at 7.30 at night , to have a drink and give it the large one on the manor so to speak,unfortunately ( for them ) there was still a large contingent of chelsea drinking at parsons green, and tottenham came badly unstuck so i'm reliably informed, i cant say for certain because i wasnt there as i have got an infinite number of things i'd rather be doing on a saturday night than fighjting with a load of blokes who really should grow the f*** up !

Jan 30, 2008
believe it or not i was at chelsea two weeks ago , and bumped into someone i used to go with on hickeys coach nearly thirty years ago, he is still at it !! he is nearly 50 and still getting involved in organised football violence, which i find quite sad to be honest , but what happened was , tottenham turned up at 7.30 at night , to have a drink and give it the large one on the manor so to speak,unfortunately ( for them ) there was still a large contingent of chelsea drinking at parsons green, and tottenham came badly unstuck so i'm reliably informed, i cant say for certain because i wasnt there as i have got an infinite number of things i'd rather be doing on a saturday night than fighjting with a load of blokes who really should grow the f*** up !
that sounds about right ,wasn't S.C. from lewes :ohmy:

simple arithmetic lesson ,that was 27 and 28 years ago respectively , what is your point ?

Man Utd are a big club and have been so sincce the 1950s
Arsenal are a big club and have been so since the 1930s
Liverpool are a big club and have been so since the 1970s

Chelsea have only been a big club since bates sold out to Abramovich in 2003, since when he has ploughed an estimated £500 million into the club. And that has undeniably brought some success. Just because they have enjoyed some success in the last five years does not mean it wil last. If it does, then you will be a big club. The three mentioned above are always regarded as this country's big three and all have worldwide reputation, because they have WON things. Chelsea have a way to go before they are comparable with them.

Before that they were a rag bag bob tail two bit outfit (Ian Porterfield as manager!) , with a nasty vicious hooligan element spending a lot of time in the lower reaches of Division1 and then Division 2 - about the same stature as us really

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Man Utd are a big club and have been so sincce the 1950s
Arsenal are a big club and have been so since the 1930s
Liverpool are a big club and have been so since the 1970s

Chelsea have only been a big club since bates sold out to Abramovich in 2003, since when he has ploughed an estimated £500 million into the club. And that has undeniably brought some success. Just because they have enjoyed some success in the last five years does not mean it wil last. If it does, then you will be a big club. The three mentioned above are always regarded as this country's big three and all have worldwide reputation, because they have WON things. Chelsea have a way to go before they are comparable with them.

Before that they were a rag bag bob tail two bit outfit (Ian Porterfield as manager!) , with a nasty vicious hooligan element spending a lot of time in the lower reaches of Division1 and then Division 2 - about the same stature as us really
yep your right, i never claimed weve always been a big club, we havent , but unfortunately for some we are now.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To be honest I've got some sympathy with bushy. He's not claiming that Chelsea have always been one of the biggest clubs in Britain, just that they are NOW - which is undeniably true. They were a two-bob outfit in the past and they may well (hopefully) be a two-bob outfit again in future, but at the moment they are the third or fourth biggest club in Britain.

It's like some delusional Brighton fans who claim we're bigger than Reading just because we always used to be in the last century.

The Cardinal

Bishop of Withdean
Sep 2, 2008
St Peters
Top flight 25 years ago:

Canon League Division One 1984-1985
Club Average
1 Manchester United 42.881
2 Liverpool 34.444
3 Everton 31.984
4 Arsenal 31.205
5 Tottenham Hotpsur 28.930
6 Sheffield Wednesday 27.781
7 Newcastle United 26.228
8 Chelsea 23.065
9 West Ham United 18.433
10 Sunderland 18.347
11 Aston Villa 18.318
12 Watford 18.246
13 Southampton 18.046
14 Ipswich Town 17.219
15 Nottingham Forest 16.781
16 Norwich City 15.100
17 Leicester City 14.546
18 Queens Park Rangers 14.000
19 West Bromwich Albion 13.849
20 Coventry City 12.848
21 Luton Town 10.816
22 Stoke City 10.700
Total 21.080

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
God, what was I thinking? Of course your going to be at your biggest game of the season.

cough , splutter !! i've just seen this !! biggest game of the season ??:lolol::lolol: you really arent on our radar anymore, maybe 10 years ago but not anymore, I will however be attending YOUR second biggest game of the season, after arsenal of course. sadly for you , spurs are becoming a bit of an irrelevance now, even to arsenal, because its been that long since you were serious rivals, they really look to us now for competition, never mind, perhaps you could strike up some form of artificial rivalry with thos other perennial underachievers west ham.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
yep, and like i said, more than happy to meet up any time you like, but we dont have to wait until then,i only live in haywards heath, skint ? sonny, im a futures broker, i probably earn more in a month than you do in a year .

Sorry mate there is no future in that...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
God, what was I thinking? Of course your going to be at your biggest game of the season.

cough , splutter !! i've just seen this !! biggest game of the season ??:lolol::lolol: you really arent on our radar anymore, maybe 10 years ago but not anymore, I will however be attending YOUR second biggest game of the season, after arsenal of course. sadly for you , spurs are becoming a bit of an irrelevance now, even to arsenal, because its been that long since you were serious rivals, they really look to us now for competition, never mind, perhaps you could strike up some form of artificial rivalry with thos other perennial underachievers west ham.

Bushy to the east Enders still take all the liberties in and around the Bridge these days?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bushy to the east Enders still take all the liberties in and around the Bridge these days?
most east enders support arsenal and spurs , however if you're on about the pikies from canning town , essex and all points east , then as i said in an earlier post , i dont know as ive got better things to do, but my friend from years ago says the reverse is true these days!

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007

IF, and only IF your still up there in 10 years time, and we're not. I might accept it. But now, I'm laughing at that .:lolol:

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
since when did this turn into a premiership messageboard......now lets get back to slating our chances of avoding the drop and look at pictures of the mess that is falmer at the moment

The Brighton Ace

Nov 14, 2008
Sussex by the sea
Lets just summarize here; Chelsea support has 'grown' since the dollar came in, Tottenham have bigger support than their position in the league would normally generate. My second club is Arsenal and go to a few games, but I still have more respect for Tottenham fans than the fickle Chelsea support. Although they're both scum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here