Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea, Arsenal, United... you're time here is done.

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
It was really tough being a little'un like I was (am 16 so about 6-8) years ago as I was the ONLY Brighton fan in my class. However I was probably the only with a season ticket anywhere so I could shove their Chelski shit back at them !

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Excellent. Mine are 4 and 1 so they only have a few years to go. I'd also like to point out that only two of the kids were wearing the away fiasco.

My daughter who was 7 this year got hers and wears it as much as she is allowed. Actually has gone as far as to want the whole kit and now enrol on one of the young seagulls playing courses! My other is 4 and is yet to get the bug! Says football is boring and rubbish! We will have to work on that!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
My boy had his party at the Amex last week and of the 25 kids he invited 19 of them turned up in Albion shirts/kits - of which 12 were the current green//black.

He also lives in Albion shirts when not at school

Last edited:

ShanklySeagull

Justice for the 96...
May 30, 2011
Littlehampton
I've coached a kids team based in Littlehampton for the last 8 years - sufficed to say in all those years all I've ever seen is the usual premiership tops....until two weeks back when a new lad rocked up in the full albion home kit.

Fantastic!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I, along with 99% of my friends, support Brighton and Premier League team. When we grew up Brighton were nothing, we merely supported them because we were born and raised here.<br />
<br />
The premier league team is to keep things interesting up top. Without a team to back it would be very boring. If Albion make it to the top division Brighton would come first, with my second team keeping a place in my heart.

Brighton have never been 'nothing'. And ten years ago were exciting times. Odd comment.

Sent from my field radio

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jnr Stat (7) has been invited to a party, on the day of the Birmingham game.

He's blowing the party off for football, with no pressure from me..

Gentlemen we have another, amongst us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I, along with 99% of my friends, support Brighton and Premier League team. When we grew up Brighton were nothing, we merely supported them because we were born and raised here.

The premier league team is to keep things interesting up top. Without a team to back it would be very boring. If Albion make it to the top division Brighton would come first, with my second team keeping a place in my heart.

Sounds like you are a bunch of mugs . Well 99 % of you

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I, along with 99% of my friends, support Brighton and Premier League team. When we grew up Brighton were nothing, we merely supported them because we were born and raised here.

I can sort of see the reasoning behind this, and keeping it in context of the time.
After all watching a horse race or even a prem game on Sky is more fun if you have an interest in it (e.g. a bet).

D

Deleted member 2719

I saw a young lad playing in our road in Chichester the other day and he had an Albion shirt on,that is the first i have seen in 7 years of living hear, not seen a pompey shirt all year in our road can't think why.

:lol:

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
My daughter who was 7 this year got hers and wears it as much as she is allowed. Actually has gone as far as to want the whole kit and now enrol on one of the young seagulls playing courses! My other is 4 and is yet to get the bug! Says football is boring and rubbish! We will have to work on that!

Can I ask whether your daughter was sent the home, away or pink shirt? My daughter is 7 later this year and has been asking about her birthday shirt since she could talk.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Hurstpierpoint Rec is getting a bit blue and white too. Four yesterday, including two playing tennis!

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I am a Brighton fan first and foremost since I was old enough to be a fan (about 1988) and those 10-13 years following that point were invariably not positive ones for the Albion so not easy for a kid to outwardly support a "crap" team (not my words) over a "good" team like Man U, Liverpool etc.

Sure I take an interest in Arsenal but thats because all of my friends are Arsenal fans (Brighton being their second club) and a lot of the football in pubs that I watch tends to be Arsenal. I certainly don't support them and I would never watch Arsenal over Brighton.

Don't get me wrong, supporting Brighton is much easier than it was in, say, 1997 but I have some marvellous memories of games in that era when frankly virtutally no Premier League moments inspire much of a response from that time.

I love seeing Brighton shorts out and about, the more the merrier!

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
It makes me laugh when I go to work after the weekend fixtures and there are several 'diehard premiership' fans talking Man Utd, Liverpool & Spurs (thankfully no Chelsea) about 'we did this' and 'we did that'. I always get them to bite when I challenge them and ask, 'what are you on about, you're from Saltdean, Moulscoomb etc whats all this we bollocks?'. Better still, and you think they'd learn as I do it every week!, I ask who they are playing next up and invariably they never have a clue. I then regale them with tales from the Amex making a point of emphasising things I actually saw happen, in the flesh, live whilst supporting my local team - cocks the lot of them!

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
Living in Lincolnshoire now all I see around here is premiershite tops everywhere, i'm only 19 but when i was 10/11/12 going to train for my local team and I was the only one with non premier league shirt on. Nobody had heard of Brighton and nobody supported the local team (Lincoln) even though they're only 15 miles away! Trying to argue that Brighton existed was my first problem! But now people have come to know me as the 'Brighton Fan' they are more well known and im convincing a few of my mates to come to games.

Spreading the word of Brighton since the year 2000 ;)

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Sounds like you are a bunch of mugs . Well 99 % of you

Have to agree, I just don't get this 2nd team shite. Its blue and white and purely Albion in my household, sure I watch the premiership on Sky and occasionally shout for one team over another but thats based on which team I dislike more. I also cheer on the English teams in Europe but as far as emotional attachment goes I could never even contemplate genuinely supporting any other team than the Albion and its the emotional attachment that is key for me, I might want another team to win a game but if they don't it doesn't make me a miserable grumpy bastard all day Sunday neither does it have me debating the 'what if' moments like I do with the Albion. Its one team only and anything other than that then you really have no idea about what it is to be a fan.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here