Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea, Arsenal, United... you're time here is done.

Dec 29, 2011
I, along with 99% of my friends, support Brighton and Premier League team. When we grew up Brighton were nothing, we merely supported them because we were born and raised here.

The premier league team is to keep things interesting up top. Without a team to back it would be very boring. If Albion make it to the top division Brighton would come first, with my second team keeping a place in my heart.

Capricorn

Aug 14, 2010
Perth, Australia
I, along with 99% of my friends, support Brighton and Premier League team. When we grew up Brighton were nothing, we merely supported them because we were born and raised here.

The premier league team is to keep things interesting up top. Without a team to back it would be very boring. If Albion make it to the top division Brighton would come first, with my second team keeping a place in my heart.
I honestly don't know how people can 'support' more than one team... I mean, sure, I have a couple of teams I who I look out for when I'm looking through results, but I wouldn't claim to have another team. It doesn't register to me, I only have a serious 'connection' with Brighton, where a result either way can seriously affect my emotions. Rather badly put, but you probably get my point.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I honestly don't know how people can 'support' more than one team... I mean, sure, I have a couple of teams I who I look out for when I'm looking through results, but I wouldn't claim to have another team. It doesn't register to me, I only have a serious 'connection' with Brighton, where a result either way can seriously affect my emotions. Rather badly put, but you probably get my point.

I don't get it either-however if i moved to say Wolverhampton for example i would perhaps after a while follow their fortunes,may even attend a game and such like,but my heart would always be Albion.

As for my kids,i would love for them to support Brighton,but i would really expect them to follow a local side up in the area..

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There was a middle aged twat of a bloke in spAsda at the Marina a few daze back talking to a woman in one of the aisles and proudly wearing a Liverpool t-shirt bearing the writing "I had a top night out with my bird the other night" (in reference to the Liver 'Bird' logo on his t-shirt and referring to some famous Liverpool victory). It was all I could do not to interrupt their conversation and have a go at him for not supporting his local club (he had a local southern accent).

I think you'll find it's actually known as spAsdaS :thumbsup:

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
its a very good sign, a lot of my friends seem to have this 'rule' ingrained into their brain that you MUST support a premier league team despite having no link with them what so ever, hopefully having kids support the albion from a young age will dispell the premier league's hold on brighton and hove.

They will come home.

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
My house overlooks Saltdean Oval Park, and recently I've noticed a big increase in the number of kids wearing Albion shirts in the park.
It's great.:clap:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Saltdean Oval Park - The Vox Beatles gig coming to a park near you very soon.
:thumbsup:

Yes, that's on Sat 26th May as part of the Fun Day to raise funds for the Save Saltdean Lido Campaign.
The previous evening the South Coast Soul Revue are playing Motown and Soul hits.
Looks like being a lively weekend in sunny Saltdean.:clap:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'd like to know [MENTION=18794]seagullondon[/MENTION]'s view on this, as he spends a lot of time hanging around playgrounds looking at young kids. :moo:

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I'd like to know [MENTION=18794]seagullondon[/MENTION]'s view on this, as he spends a lot of time hanging around playgrounds looking at young kids. :moo:

only ones born after 1984 :moo:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I know people like you, not saying supporting two teams is wrong, but I couldn't do it. Its Brighton or nothing for me.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

You and your friends have a strange set of values IMHO

Supporting your home/local team should be about supporting them through the bad times not just the good.

Each to their own and all that but I suspect more than a little :fishing:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham

I could not agree with you on this one I lived in Liverpool for a year and went to watch Everton most home games (could never bring myself to go and watch Liverpool). During that time I followed Everton but my team was always the Albion I watched for their results first and it was only a way of passing the time until I returned to watch my beloved team.
In the meantime I have now educated my 2 children on the path of rightousness and have started on my cousins boy a 5 year old in HH who has now inherited my boys first Albion shirt and will be attending the Amex next week whilst we are away as a father it is my job to bring back try part of the lost generation, and it seems many more are doing the same through out the region.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Was in a taxi in Horsham last night, with some people from work.
One of them is really into his football, but not being from the area, he asked the taxi driver who the "main" team in the area is. Interested in what the answer would be, I kept quiet.

"Chelsea," the taxi driver replied, without hesitation. "They're all Chelsea round here. Then Crawley."

He didn't even mention the Albion.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Was in a taxi in Horsham last night, with some people from work.
One of them is really into his football, but not being from the area, he asked the taxi driver who the "main" team in the area is. Interested in what the answer would be, I kept quiet.

"Chelsea," the taxi driver replied, without hesitation. "They're all Chelsea round here. Then Crawley."

He didn't even mention the Albion.

Interesting. I have always thought of Horsham as Albion but not Crawley and no I dont mean in the last couple of years. It *could* be that the taxi driver was a chelsea fan himself so said that anyway.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Interesting. I have always thought of Horsham as Albion but not Crawley and no I dont mean in the last couple of years. It *could* be that the taxi driver was a chelsea fan himself so said that anyway.

Taxi driver was a Newcastle Utd fan.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I went to Blakers Park with the kids today and saw SEVEN kids in Brighton shirts compared to one lad in a Chelski shirt and one in a Barca shirt. Can you imagine that two years ago? The next generation is locked in - we're back! :clap2:

Chelsea, Arsenal, United... you're time here is done.

It helps that they give a free shirt away for your kids 7th birthday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here