Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea, Arsenal, United... you're time here is done.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I went to Blakers Park with the kids today and saw SEVEN kids in Brighton shirts compared to one lad in a Chelski shirt and one in a Barca shirt. Can you imagine that two years ago? The next generation is locked in - we're back! :clap2:

Chelsea, Arsenal, United... you're time here is done.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
PS - A few years ago Charlton were ferrying people from Sussex for fee to The Valley :wave:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I disagree,no matter what there will always be followers of said teams,even the odd palace,but we are back and in serious numbers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
its a very good sign, a lot of my friends seem to have this 'rule' ingrained into their brain that you MUST support a premier league team despite having no link with them what so ever, hopefully having kids support the albion from a young age will dispell the premier league's hold on brighton and hove.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is great, isn't it?

I would frequently see kiddies football being played in Preston Park last summer and Brighton shirts outnumbered Other and that would not be the case just a couple of years ago. Kudos to the club and our community scheme.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I work in Burgess Hill, and there's no doubt that the number of kids (and adults, for that matter) I see around town in Albion shirts or other merchandise is very much on the increase and has been for a while now. Very good to see.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It is great, isn't it?

I would frequently see kiddies football being played in Preston Park last summer and Brighton shirts outnumbered Other and that would not be the case just a couple of years ago. Kudos to the club and our community scheme.

Easy to sort out the sides - Brighton vs the armchairs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
You would have struggled to spot one in circa 98.

True,but there were those that always out there,they just felt no pride to show their faith in the Albion back then and wear the shirt..

Either way,it's great and it will continue for many years to come i hope.

D

Deleted member 22389

Yep I have seen five albion shirts today and I was nowhere near Brighton. What ruined it for me, seeing a kid in a Chelsea top. I wish parents would actually tell the kids that Chelsea want to ban Father Christmas.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
There was a middle aged twat of a bloke in spAsda at the Marina a few daze back talking to a woman in one of the aisles and proudly wearing a Liverpool t-shirt bearing the writing "I had a top night out with my bird the other night" (in reference to the Liver 'Bird' logo on his t-shirt and referring to some famous Liverpool victory). It was all I could do not to interrupt their conversation and have a go at him for not supporting his local club (he had a local southern accent).

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yep I have seen five albion shirts today and I was nowhere near Brighton. What ruined it for me, seeing a kid in a Chelsea top. I wish parents would actually tell the kids that Chelsea want to ban Father Christmas.

that, and the chelsea kit is absolutely VILE.

Chelsea-Shirt-2011.jpg

:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is definitely a shift to BHAFC now as firstly the other day all 6 kids playing on the green near my house had BHAFC shirts and a mate of Minis whose Dad takes him to Chelski is more interested in Brighton now

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Getting off the train back from notts good to see lots of kids with their mums and dads all in albion tops.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
In Worthing see far more Albion shirts than I used to. People are finally coming round to the fact we've got a top class team on our doorstep. :clap2:

Upper Library

Feb 25, 2011
Worthing
Definately seeing an increase in kids wearing the albion kit. My son's under 9 team are now about 60% Albion. The remaining 40% is a mystery to me. They seem to follow their dad's "team" this includes spurs, aresnal, liverpool and Man utd. I get on well with their dads so feel I can't ask upfront why they "support" (follow is a better way to describe it!) these clubs. Maybe they are originally from these areas or have a parent or distant relative that lived there. Maybe it is like the republic of Ireland team of the 90's when anybody who knew somebody who had once been to Ireland qualified to play for them?

What really makes me laugh is when one of these "followers" who doesn't go to any matches talks about Brighton in sympathetic tones!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here