Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheese on toast

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Oh please! STOP! The torture! :drool: Cheese is shit over here and I don't think they've ever even heard of brown bread. :down:

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Welsh Rarebit anyone?

Now you're talking.

For cheese on toast i think the choice of cheese is critical. Never make the mistake of using that half fat shit.....have done that by mistake once and the cheese just disappears! Mature cheddar is best for flavour but also find it doesn't melt as well....a medium cheddar seems to be better.....maybe because there is less fat which means it doesn't liquify as much and stays on the bread. I also find that grating is better than slicing if you like the cheese to brown a bit.

Mmmm....i love cheese on toast.

saslowi

Feb 2, 2009
Toast bread (pref. granary wholemeal) on one side.
Chop up a clove or two of garlic and put on untoasted side of bread.
Cover generously with cheddar of choice.
Top with freshly ground black pepper.
Toast until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown.

Enjoy!

If afterwards there is any skin left on the top of your mouth you let it get too cold before eating.

bread lightly toasted one side, on the other a slice or two of HAM under a thick covering of mild creamy cheese (harvarti or similar) grill until cheese running over side & finish off with a poached egg on top & a side of garlicy mushrooms. Sunday breakkie treat. mmmmmmm

16bha

Sep 6, 2010
East Stand Upper & Worthing
Extra Mature West Country Cheddar, no spread, toast until an even bubbling across the slice and starting to brown, then add a dollop of home made onion, or tomato chutney.......accompanied by a nice ale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here