Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charltons reaction to Forster

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just got the DVD out again, he scored some really good goals for us this season, people seem to forget. Very sad to see him go. Still quality, and i'm surprised he's gone,

still quality.....agreed and if I was a Charlton fan I would be very pleased to pick him up. He will score goals there as he would if he were to stay (and play) with us

surprised to see him go?...............not in the slightest. It is the natural outcome from his own actions and ultimately unavoidable if discipline and morale are to be maintained

sad to see him go?.................not in the circumstances. Sorry

good luck to him........certainly. I loved the guy and enjoyed watching someone with real quality. As a player, a class above pretty well anyone else at the club. He has another couple of seasons in him at this level and within that time scale or beyond, this experience might make him a better coach (and perhaps even a player/manager) than he might otherwise have been

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
This Charlton fan's reaction: Astonished and delighted. Sad that he left Albion under such a cloud, but the consensus of Brighton fans I've speakened to in pubs this evening is they'd always back Poyet rather than a player and his toys should stayed in - rather than been thrown out of - his pram. I'm feeling a lot more confident about our run in now also - thought we'd be struggling to even hang on for a play-off place, now I think we'll make the play-offs and second is back on as a (very, VERY remote) possibility. Decent (at this level) striker, decent back-up goalie and a couple of left-sided defenders is what we thought we needed. We didn't think we had the money for them (being borderline administration at present) so I doff my cap to the Charlton board for ponying up for Forster and three other players. Assume Brighton are better off financially too as NF must have been on a fair whack, and I presume we've taken all of that (rather than just a percentage) on board for the rest of his contract? Having said all that, he will now inevitably break his leg at Huddersfield on Saturday... Ho hum :(

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This Charlton fan's reaction: Astonished and delighted. Sad that he left Albion under such a cloud, but the consensus of Brighton fans I've speakened to in pubs this evening is they'd always back Poyet rather than a player and his toys should stayed in - rather than been thrown out of - his pram. I'm feeling a lot more confident about our run in now also - thought we'd be struggling to even hang on for a play-off place, now I think we'll make the play-offs and second is back on as a (very, VERY remote) possibility. Decent (at this level) striker, decent back-up goalie and a couple of left-sided defenders is what we thought we needed. We didn't think we had the money for them (being borderline administration at present) so I doff my cap to the Charlton board for ponying up for Forster and three other players. Assume Brighton are better off financially too as NF must have been on a fair whack, and I presume we've taken all of that (rather than just a percentage) on board for the rest of his contract? Having said all that, he will now inevitably break his leg at Huddersfield on Saturday... Ho hum :(

:thumbsup:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It's a bit of a joke that Poyet has been bringing on Holroyd over Forster recently. If there's still problems between the two then fine, but to apparntly clear the air (and, of course, use Forster when we needed him at Charlton) then leave him on the bench was a bit pathetic. Luckily we're in a position now that we will probably be okay without Forster, but I think neither party comes out of this particularly well. Forster should never have done what he did, but Poyet should not have frozen one of our best players (if not our best) out of the team.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
It's a bit of a joke that Poyet has been bringing on Holroyd over Forster recently. If there's still problems between the two then fine, but to apparntly clear the air (and, of course, use Forster when we needed him at Charlton) then leave him on the bench was a bit pathetic. Luckily we're in a position now that we will probably be okay without Forster, but I think neither party comes out of this particularly well. Forster should never have done what he did, but Poyet should not have frozen one of our best players (if not our best) out of the team.

why shouldn't poyet have frozen him out?

hasn't done us harm has it?

think we can compare this scenario to when van nistelrooy left man u.

players throws toys out of pram, falls out with manager, manager sells him, club goes on to better things with a new formation and better, younger players.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
why shouldn't poyet have frozen him out?

hasn't done us harm has it?

think we can compare this scenario to when van nistelrooy left man u.

players throws toys out of pram, falls out with manager, manager sells him, club goes on to better things with a new formation and better, younger players.

I don't mind if Forster doesn't fit Forster in the team, though personally I feel that eventually the 4-5-1 will not be great at home and we will want another decent striker. What has annoyed me is the fact that Poyet keeps bringing on Holroyd, who frankly hasn't shown a huge amount yet to suggest he is up to this level of football. It might be that Poyet genuinely thinks Holroyd has more to offer to a game than Forster, but it smacks of Poyet simply making a point over and over again.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Is Forster the future of Brighton and Hove Albion? No he's not. However good he is, unless he builds himself a time travel gymnasium, he's not going to be around for ever.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's Poyet's job to give us a winning team and build for the future. We seem to be moving towards the 1st objective quicker than I would have expected so if he doesn't see a future for Forster and we are winning games it's hard to criticise sending him out on loan imo.

If we stop scoring and get sucked back into the relegation zone then I have no doubt this decision will be held up to be one of the main reasons and Poyet will get the flack that all recent Albion managers have ended up getting.

Personally I'd like to see Forster help Charlton to 2nd place, but that is probably a tad optimistic.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
if we want premotion next season we cant play 451 all the time wich means we need a20 goal a season striker so we have to spend big to get him

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
wow great stuff

weve replaced our main goalscore with a player thats done the business at eastbourne borough

no doubt he will probably get a start

and fozzie goes to a team better than us and will score and play

this was personal youre meant to play your best players

lets see how many goals forster gets and how many holroyd and the new guy get between them i bet you wont get a bet in ladbrookes

thanks nicky lets hope you get appreciated there

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
wow great stuff

weve replaced our main goalscore with a player thats done the business at eastbourne borough

lets see how many goals forster gets and how many holroyd and the new guy get between them i bet you wont get a bet in ladbrookes

So you know better than Gus? Just him being here is obviously having a negative effect on the dressing room.
We have nothing to play for either may i remind you..

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
wow great stuff

Have a nice time at Charlton Nicky (or whoever you are) but sod off this site with your pathetic (and transparent) bitching. Move on - we sure will.

[check all of this idiots post - they only relate to one thing]

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
Surely this is more of an opportunity for him to get his Mojo back and come back next season refreshed ( assuming he doesn't get crocked completely at his age ). Hopefully the Championship will give him a reality check as to just where he is likely to spend his last playing days. Even at 38 I'd take him back in a midfield general type role, just to help bring the younger players on.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Poyet's proven very quickly that he's no mug and he wouldn't be leaving our top goal scorer out of the squad without reason or reasons.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
wow great stuff

well said :clap:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Frankly I would trust Poyet's judgement. Let's face it, we have been doing quite nicely since Forster has been out of the team. I would never ignore his contribution to this club and am sorry to see him go but it's the manager's decision and I very much doubt that anybody here knows better than Poyet. Also, bear in mind nobody knows what went on behind closed doors so it's pointless speculating. Poyet has clearly decided to make sure everybody knows who is in charge and that attitude suits me fine.

Good luck Nicky and Charlton.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Have a nice time at Charlton Nicky (or whoever you are) but sod off this site with your pathetic (and transparent) bitching. Move on - we sure will.

[check all of this idiots post - they only relate to one thing]

haha, you're not wrong

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here