Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charltons reaction to Forster

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Sad to see him go, but Poyet is the manager and is paid to make these kind of decisions. We do not know what went on behind closed doors, so it is difficult for us to judge who is right or wrong - the proof will be in the long term results. In my opinion we need to look to the future, and that is Bloom, Falmer and Poyet. Nicky is now the past, let's move on.....onwards and upwards.:bhasign:

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I don't understand why everything is either Pro Forster or Pro Poyet? Its a bit simplistic.

Forster is a brilliant player who has been outstanding for us and, on the whole, a great pro. He's been my favourite player for nearly three years now and I will miss seeing him play for us hugely.

Poyet is an incredibly promising young manager who has made a lot of good decisions and some bad ones. In the long term, I think he will take us to a whole new level, and if we can keep him, I think what he will achieve at this club could be incredible.

Why the need to paint one of them as the villain? They're just two blokes who've had a disagreement. It happens ALL THE TIME in the real world. Get over it.

I love the pair of them.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
I don't understand why everything is either Pro Forster or Pro Poyet? Its a bit simplistic.

Forster is a brilliant player who has been outstanding for us and, on the whole, a great pro. He's been my favourite player for nearly three years now and I will miss seeing him play for us hugely.

Poyet is an incredibly promising young manager who has made a lot of good decisions and some bad ones. In the long term, I think he will take us to a whole new level, and if we can keep him, I think what he will achieve at this club could be incredible.

Why the need to paint one of them as the villain? They're just two blokes who've had a disagreement. It happens ALL THE TIME in the real world. Get over it.

I love the pair of them.
well said young CC!

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
What an incredibly sad situation - how can we be a stronger team through sending Nicky out on loan? He is our top scorer and a more complete player than Glen. The only losers are BHA - Sad day for me Nicky is class - gutted

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What an incredibly sad situation - how can we be a stronger team through sending Nicky out on loan? He is our top scorer and a more complete player than Glen. The only losers are BHA - Sad day for me Nicky is class - gutted

Not in the 4-5-1 system he isn't. Murray is much better suited to that. The fact that we are letting Forster go suggests that we have serious money to spend on one or two new forwards in the summer. Whereas in the old days we would have had to cave in to his request, we are now able to stand firm even against our top scorer and that is only a good thing for the club in the long term.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
The problem is that it seems most people have their heads well and truly up Poyet's arse and hence can't see the wood for the trees.

What actions are you talking about then. Nothing to do with the clubs double standards then?

Why would anyone take the side of a player who went with a transfer request (or got his representative to) to Sky Sports rather than with the manager? Poyet didn't believe Forster deserved a contract in January but clearly felt El Abd did. I wouldn't necessarily agree with that and would have been happy if Forster was offered a new deal then. However, I don't see what happens day in, day out at the club and none of us on here are experts. Poyet has done a fantastic job so far and got the team playing some of the best football I have seen us play in years. I think I am going to trust him over a few whingers on an Internet forum.

London Pompous

Feb 16, 2008
Sad to see him go, a real craftsman, excellent finisher, and still has at least another season in the tank at this level.

I'm even more worried at the cutting from the paper (Mirror or Mail) on Thursday linking Murray with a move to Leeds, Huddersfield or QPR..........as it leaves us with next to nothing up front.

andywhing4england

Jan 19, 2009
I cannot understand why some people are pleased Forster has gone. Suddenly since his contract dispute began, he has become an average striker who apparently needs too many chances to score!? Forget the whole 50 goals or so in about double the games and the fact we wouldn't be anywhere where we are this season without nicky's goals this season. We probably would have been relegated last season without him. But now of course he cost too much on the wage bill and is getting past it. Bollocks. We thought that every season hes been here and he keeps proving us wrong and yet again hes our top goal scorer this season without playing as much. Poyet has forced out our best goal getter because he wouldn't offer our experienced pro centre forward a bloody contract. I'm not surprised Charlton fans are happy, they have brought in a player that knows where the goal is and is hugely experienced at finding that goal. It is a sad situation to see our best player in the last few years leave and that some people are even happy about it. I know I'm not...

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
so forster is pretty much a nothing striker now that hes had a bit of a sulk and gone out on loan?no question about it, he is still good enough for this level, and if he gets the chance, he will prove that at charlton. murray is definately more suited to the 4-5-1, but to have someone like forster on the bench is a sign of strength in depth, something which we havent had for a while imo. hopfuly barnes will be a hit. same with holroyd. but if i was a defender, i know who id rather see come of the bench out of them and forster at the mo. hes getting on, but would still be a great player to have in super gus's blue and white army

good luck to him if he moves on after the loan deal, and cheers for the last few seasons :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I cannot understand why some people are pleased Forster has gone. Suddenly since his contract dispute began, he has become an average striker who apparently needs too many chances to score!? Forget the whole 50 goals or so in about double the games and the fact we wouldn't be anywhere where we are this season without nicky's goals this season. We probably would have been relegated last season without him. But now of course he cost too much on the wage bill and is getting past it. Bollocks. We thought that every season hes been here and he keeps proving us wrong and yet again hes our top goal scorer this season without playing as much. Poyet has forced out our best goal getter because he wouldn't offer our experienced pro centre forward a bloody contract. I'm not surprised Charlton fans are happy, they have brought in a player that knows where the goal is and is hugely experienced at finding that goal. It is a sad situation to see our best player in the last few years leave and that some people are even happy about it. I know I'm not...

I don't think one person on here is PLEASED that Nicky has gone. I think its a reaction to people who seem to think it is now the end Brighton & hove albion because of it. Some people can't seem to accept that footballers move clubs all the time, Nicky was great while he was here, now he's somewhere else. He was pretty much responsible for his own destiny & to blame Poyet is imo out of order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here