Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charltons reaction to Forster

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shouldn't have chucked his toys out of the pram over the contract. Since he has been out of the team and we were forced into playing 4-5-1 things have got better. We will be fine without him for the rest of the season and then Poyet will build a team to get promotion.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Who is Poyet going to play when Murray gets his inevitable next yellow card for some trivial offence and is banned? Rest of strikers are injured, on loan or to young and inexperienced!!!
If we go one down tomorrow can hear now the "only one Nicky Forster" from the crowd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This Charlton fan's reaction: Astonished and delighted. Sad that he left Albion under such a cloud, but the consensus of Brighton fans I've speakened to in pubs this evening is they'd always back Poyet rather than a player and his toys should stayed in - rather than been thrown out of - his pram. I'm feeling a lot more confident about our run in now also - thought we'd be struggling to even hang on for a play-off place, now I think we'll make the play-offs and second is back on as a (very, VERY remote) possibility. Decent (at this level) striker, decent back-up goalie and a couple of left-sided defenders is what we thought we needed. We didn't think we had the money for them (being borderline administration at present) so I doff my cap to the Charlton board for ponying up for Forster and three other players. Assume Brighton are better off financially too as NF must have been on a fair whack, and I presume we've taken all of that (rather than just a percentage) on board for the rest of his contract? Having said all that, he will now inevitably break his leg at Huddersfield on Saturday... Ho hum :(

The problem is that it seems most people have their heads well and truly up Poyet's arse and hence can't see the wood for the trees.

why shouldn't poyet have frozen him out?

hasn't done us harm has it? (remains to be seen. We are looking safe but if Murray got injured then we could still struggle.)

think we can compare this scenario to when van nistelrooy left man u.

players throws toys out of pram, falls out with manager, manager sells him, club goes on to better things with a new formation and better, younger players . (exactly who is the better younger player we have then?

still quality.....agreed and if I was a Charlton fan I would be very pleased to pick him up. He will score goals there as he would if he were to stay (and play) with us

surprised to see him go?...............not in the slightest. It is the natural outcome from his own actions and ultimately unavoidable if discipline and morale are to be maintained

sad to see him go?.................not in the circumstances. Sorry

good luck to him........certainly. I loved the guy and enjoyed watching someone with real quality. As a player, a class above pretty well anyone else at the club. He has another couple of seasons in him at this level and within that time scale or beyond, this experience might make him a better coach (and perhaps even a player/manager) than he might otherwise have been

What actions are you talking about then. Nothing to do with the clubs double standards then?

Is Forster the future of Brighton and Hove Albion? No he's not. However good he is, unless he builds himself a time travel gymnasium, he's not going to be around for ever.

Sorry, but is Giggs the future of Man Utd? Don't seem them treating him like shit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Since he has been out of the team and we were forced into playing 4-5-1 things have got better. QUOTE]

Thats an interesting statement. Who forced us?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sorry, but is Giggs the future of Man Utd? Don't seem them treating him like shit.

Not seen Giggs throwing his toys around about contracts, if Forster had kept his mouth shut he would still be here and most likely playing

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Since he has been out of the team and we were forced into playing 4-5-1 things have got better. QUOTE]

Thats an interesting statement. Who forced us?

Because Forster was out of the squad therefore leaving Murray as the only experienced striker. Is it really that much of an interesting statement!

cobbyseagull

Jul 31, 2008
Forster still did mor ein the few minutes he was on the pitch in his last game than Holroyd had done in an hour! Holroyd or Forster...Forster everytime reardless of age...16 goals this season says it all...will be badly missed...

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I can't say i'm particularly bothered he's gone to be honest. In fact i'm pleased we're getting a back-ups (most likely) high wages off the bill to pay for Hendrie. We're safe and there's no point him being here if Poyet isn't going to play him. He's clearly rubbed Poyet up the wrong way and if I had a choice between the two i'd take Poyet. Thanks Nicky but time for everyone to move on.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Fozzy is gone , so if Muzza gets another yellow does this mean VirGO up front instead of recalling Barney ? I think Holroyd and Barnes will be properly assessed to see if they have a future at the club before a final decision is made if we are to bring in a proven big name striker for next season.

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
forster has done more for brighton than gus, fact. legend :bowdown: forster doesn't lie either.

2 - 0 forster
:goal::goal:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
forster has done more for brighton than gus, fact. legend :bowdown: forster doesn't lie either.

2 - 0 forster
:goal::goal:

Are you trying to make a full time career of being an idiot?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't say i'm particularly bothered he's gone to be honest. In fact i'm pleased we're getting a back-ups (most likely) high wages off the bill to pay for Hendrie. We're safe and there's no point him being here if Poyet isn't going to play him. He's clearly rubbed Poyet up the wrong way and if I had a choice between the two i'd take Poyet. Thanks Nicky but time for everyone to move on.
This, 100%.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
"Sorry, but is Giggs the future of Man Utd? Don't seem them treating him like shit."

Also don't see him and his agent trying to manipulate Alex Ferguson in the media (even to the point of appearing on a fans message baord and posing as a fan to try to drum upo support). How long do you think Giggs would be there if he did that?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We have a young manager in his first job as No.1. He is doing well for the Club. He has been forced into making an important statement about his authority as a manager. He maybe could have avoided the situation - but we do not know that. He has made his decision and stuck to his guns.

Time will tell whether it is in the best interests of the Club (which is all that matters). But it is sensible to give Poyet the benefit of any doubt.

Thanks Nicky, but the manager is in charge.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
we have a young manager in his first job as no.1. He is doing well for the club. He has been forced into making an important statement about his authority as a manager. He maybe could have avoided the situation - but we do not know that. He has made his decision and stuck to his guns.

Time will tell whether it is in the best interests of the club (which is all that matters). But it is sensible to give poyet the benefit of any doubt.

Thanks nicky, but the manager is in charge.

nailed it.

paulclark

Sep 7, 2008
shouldnt you be supporting gillingham

dick head

n
Have a nice time at Charlton Nicky (or whoever you are) but sod off this site with your pathetic (and transparent) bitching. Move on - we sure will.

[check all of this idiots post - they only relate to one thing]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That reply was about as sharp as your finishing in the last few games Nicky. Got to try harder!

Have you heard Forster talk, does he strike you as illiterate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here