Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlton: No Longer Sold Out

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Standing up. This is why I didn't go last season... and everyone was allowed to stand up. :facepalm:

Admittedly I was a little lippy too, thanks to the lager, but I know I was far from being the only one thrown out.

They only picked on you because you were a foot taller than anyone else standing near you. :lolol:

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Not seen anything mentioned on the official website but the latest batch of Charlton tickets arrived today.

Managed to buy a couple this afternoon.
:albion1::thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Anyone know if there's still any tickets left for Charlton? Sorry not been following this - it's not on the online ticket sales so do we have to go direct to club?

Thanks

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just rang club shop as a few mates want to go to this (I cant go). They have 200 'restricted view' tickets that will become available once the security officer has OK'd it or something. I said to her how restricted are they as all I can think of is a few pillars in the Jimmy Seed - She said they're fairly restricted and you can't see one of the goals (tho didnt seem to know what she was saying) SURELY this isn't the case - all I can think of in the Jimmy Seed is a few pillars - plus most people will surely stand wherever wont they...

Can anyone think WHY you won't be able to see one of the goals in any part of that stand!?!?!?!

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
Just rang club shop as a few mates want to go to this (I cant go). They have 200 'restricted view' tickets that will become available once the security officer has OK'd it or something. I said to her how restricted are they as all I can think of is a few pillars in the Jimmy Seed - She said they're fairly restricted and you can't see one of the goals (tho didnt seem to know what she was saying) SURELY this isn't the case - all I can think of in the Jimmy Seed is a few pillars - plus most people will surely stand wherever wont they...

Can anyone think WHY you won't be able to see one of the goals in any part of that stand!?!?!?!

erm..

Attachments

• 100422_jets_stadium__jc-11134754--300x450.jpg
    100422_jets_stadium__jc-11134754--300x450.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 248

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I've not been before, but maybe the far goal isn't visible when you're right at the very back of the stand because the roof hangs low ?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've not been before, but maybe the far goal isn't visible when you're right at the very back of the stand because the roof hangs low ?

Nope. was at the back last year and that wasn't the case.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
ERR... Just so you know that's not Charlton.

Obviously there will be maybe ten seats right behind pillars maybe but try fitting 200 behind 3 or 4 pillars.

I'm with you in the fact i cant understand where these restricted view seats are. I was there last year originally at the front, had no problems, but moved towards the back as wanted to make sure i could stand throughout, and still had no problems with the view.
There is one support collumn i did realise in the middle of the stand, as stated here Football Ground Guide: The Valley, Charlton Athletic FC , but that area was full last time. Surely if its restricted view it would have been blocked off as im sure we were'nt given the restricted view seats last time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm with you in the fact i cant understand where these restricted view seats are. I was there last year originally at the front, had no problems, but moved towards the back as wanted to make sure i could stand throughout, and still had no problems with the view.
There is one support collumn i did realise in the middle of the stand, as stated here Football Ground Guide: The Valley, Charlton Athletic FC , but that area was full last time. Surely if its restricted view it would have been blocked off as im sure we were'nt given the restricted view seats last time.

Exactly what I thought. Oh well, my mates want the tickets whatever so i'm sure it'll be fine. Good to see some people who know their grounds / football could answer effectively on the thread rather than going through google images to find a pic of 1 man in a massive stadium that has no relation to Charlton sitting behind a pillar. Each to their own I suppose :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Nope. was at the back last year and that wasn't the case.
Is it not possible that the row literally at the very back of the stand has these restricted views? We spent some time at the back last season, and there was absolutely loads of space so obviously weren't right at the very back.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Got a message off a charlton supporter today saying that charlton v brighton tickets in the home end are only available to charlton red card holders so people without a ticket wont get in the home end.

tomysupercup

North Stand Kollective
Sep 17, 2004
NORTH STAND
Is it not possible that the row literally at the very back of the stand has these restricted views? We spent some time at the back last season, and there was absolutely loads of space so obviously weren't right at the very back.

Is the correct answer.

From memory the very back couple of rows had that wire meshing material over them last year. I suspect (as pointed out above) that its the far goal that you cant see (all of) due to the low hanging roof.

This would obviously be made worse by standing. Those in the back few (restricted view) rows could be in a position where they can only see (part of)the far goal if they're seated. But seeing as everyone else in front will be standing they dont really have much of a chance.

:albion1:

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
The restriction has been imposed because the high-flying Seagulls have almost sold out their 3,400 Jimmy Seed Stand allocation for the game and to deter any visiting fans tempted to buy in home areas.

Red Card holders, including all season-ticket holders, will be able to buy up to four tickets each for the 3pm start, whether they purchase in advance or in the run-up to kick-off.

As this is likely to slow down sales on the day, fans are strongly advised to buy in advance. The last day for posting out telephone and online bookings using the members-only system will be Wednesday. After that, tickets bought in advance will be held for collection on the day.

Head of club development Rick Everitt said: "We regret that we have to do this, but in these circumstances we have a responsibility to take steps to maintain segregation in the home areas.

"There is no suggestion whatsoever that we anticipate any crowd problems at the game and traditionally there is a good relationship between the two sets of fans.

"However, we can understand that Brighton supporters who are unable to get a seat in the away end may be tempted to buy a ticket for a home stand, and we are obliged to address that issue."

No new Red Cards will now be sent out until after the Brighton game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here