Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chapman quits The Albion...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
True. Mind you, not that he had much choice. Jimmy Case let him go at the end of the 95/96 season.

Why the hell did he do that?!

Chapman won player of the season that year and then managed to sign a contract for a team a division above us(Gillingham).

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Hmm, possibly. However, assuming Wilkins stays, I can see it possibly more likely White being Asst Manager AND Youth Team Manager.

why would white take over the youth team? vic bragg seems to be doing a decent enough job

i think this is a bit of a blow, as chapman has always struck me as a bloke who knows what he is doing. lewes could do a lot worse than take a look at getting him involved in their set up

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Why the hell did he do that?!

Chapman won player of the season that year and then managed to sign a contract for a team a division above us(Gillingham).

Chapman and foster both and still do loved this club....Case was a puppet on a string for archer and co....he was told to let chapman and foster go as both were giving the board a piece of their mind.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i also think that for someone that has given to the club on and off the pitch over the years the very least the club could do is give him a testimonial - the club have in the past said that they would do something but never have

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
i also think that for someone that has given to the club on and off the pitch over the years the very least the club could do is give him a testimonial - the club have in the past said that they would do something but never have

did they not....he should of got one

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
did they not....he should of got one

no because of him being released and the ground issues they never arranged anything - dick had said years ago that it would be arranged but nothing ever has - its a shame really - i think the club should address it when we get to falmer

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why is everybody being so negative? Chapman was in the same position as every other member of the staff in that he had been asked to stay and work with a new manager and he probably looked at the position and realised that Dean Wilkins had been offered his job as first team coach so chose to leave rather than be demoted. Perhaps he has an inclination that Dean Wilkins will accept the new position so where would that have left him ?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I suspect thaat if Wilkins was going to stay then Chapman would have hung on to see how it works out.

Respect for the guy going but I think this pre-empts the news that Wilkins has decided to move on too.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I find it strange how people leap to the defence of Chapman, whilst White gets and almost constant bashing.
Unless you're involved with the club and watch the training on a regular basis how do you know who the better coach is and what benefits each man brings to the team.
Yes Chapman was a great player for the Albion, but his coaching CV is not up to the same standard as White who must be doing something right to have been here for the time that he has.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
IUnless you're involved with the club and watch the training on a regular basis how do you know who the better coach is and what benefits each man brings to the team.

Absolutely right.

It's amazing what very strong opinions some people have based on very little knowledge of the facts.

That's NSC, I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here