Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chapman quits The Albion...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
all i can say is i hope dean walks then hopefully dick will realise what he has lost - he had a good thing going and he has f***ed it up - how can anyone expect any different - they get stabbed in the back but yet again dick is right - i suppose next we will be hearing he will be bringing back booker hart cullip and more - well if that happens dick can stuff my season ticket because when i invested my money in a season ticket we were a club going somewhere - dick dosen't like it when a manager who sticks up for a player he wants keep (hammond) he treats dean like this it is discusting

I was always prepared to give you the benefit of the doubt, ask about backing up your opinions, challenging your contentions - even though time after time after time you constantly stonewalled anyone who dared ask you to expand on your insights, saying that you know - and that no-one else does...

Right, so let me get this straight.

You WANT a perfectly good coach to leave just so that you can think you can feed your ego by believing that you will get the satisfaction of thinking that Dick Knight will be mortified at all this.

Personally, I'd rather Wilkins stayed, just to piss you off.

Stumpy Tim

Chapman does appear to be a man of morals. He turned down a job at Palace because "I had to look at myself in the mirror". He obviously felt Wilkins was treated very shabbily (which he was) and didn't want to work under that kind of regime.

I have a lot of respect for Chappers, and I think it's a real shame

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Chapman does appear to be a man of morals. He turned down a job at Palace because "I had to look at myself in the mirror". He obviously felt Wilkins was treated very shabbily (which he was) and didn't want to work under that kind of regime.

Wouldn't disagree with that.

Don't know if it is a nett loss or not.

Time will tell.

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Fair play to him for sticking to his principles. Can't help but feel he's cutting off his nose to spite his face though. Chapman will NOT get another job in league football unless it's with Wilkins. Still, if he feels that strongly about the way Wilkins was axed then I have nothing but respect for him sticking to his guns. A sad but replacable loss. I would also guess this means Wilkins will tell the club to shove it too. Any chance White could as well? A clean slate for Micky really would be nice.

just wondered how much you know about Chapman that he won't get another job

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall

he deserves respect for not wanting to play under archer and bellotti on top of the above reasons

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I didn't say that as an insult to Chapman, I like the bloke. What I'm saying is that his CV wouldn't exactly point to another league club coming in for him. He's managed Whitehawk who are, I THINK I am right in saying, COUNTY LEAGUE? He's then had a year managing our reserves, courtesy of his former team mate being manager. I can't see them queueing up to be honest.
no i wasn't having a pop but i'm sure he didn't get the job with brighton because of dean

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here