Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Changing Room ruck

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't understand this post. Genuinley I don't.

If you think I am suggesting pardoning murderers, I'm not. But Lee Hughes isn't a murderer, and I also believe that in his case he deserves a second chance.

I agree with what you have said but on a slight point of pedantry I would say he is earning his right to a second chance.

Not that it means anything to do with the Hughes incident, but Matthew Broderick killed two people and maimed another for life in Ireland, in a dangerous driving incident (wrong side of the road), and got away with a meagre fine of £175. He promised the family he would return there to apologize, but apparently never did.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Not that it means anything to do with the Hughes incident, but Matthew Broderick killed two people in Ireland in a dangerous driving incident, and got away with a meagre fine of £175. He promised the family he would return there to apologize, but apparently never did.

I read about that in the Observer. Would the same people that chant 'Murderer' boo and whistle at Broderick or smash up their 'Ferris Bueller' DVD?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I read about that in the Observer. Would the same people that chant 'Murderer' boo and whistle at Broderick or smash up their 'Ferris Bueller' DVD?

If he was one on one with FDM and I thought there was a slight chance of putting him off scoring.........the answer would be 'YES'

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Not that it means anything to do with the Hughes incident, but Matthew Broderick killed two people and maimed another for life in Ireland, in a dangerous driving incident (wrong side of the road), and got away with a meagre fine of £175. He promised the family he would return there to apologize, but apparently never did.

Was going to blame our useless legal system, then checked up to see if it was an area covered by a known useless judge; and found it was actually in the UK (Fermanagh, Northern Ireland).

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
ive got a graduate job interview in london on tuesday with a high profile investment bank....now had i done what hughes has done and have his record i would not even have had my cv looked at, infact i would not have even bothered applying for the job. now tell me why should lee hughes be any different from the rest of us and walk straight into a high earning job such as a footballer where he is likely to live the rest of his life in comfort thanks to the job....in my opinion football clubs should take a stance and simply not employ players such as hughes who have committed such crimes....

those standing up for hughes on this thread would not be doing so if the victims of the crash were people they knew or even people from sussex....im all for giving people second chances but as someone has pointed out second chances have to be earnt, somthing that is not acheieved simply by scoring goals and behaving yourself like a normal citizen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
ive got a graduate job interview in london on tuesday with a high profile investment bank....now had i done what hughes has done and have his record i would not even have had my cv looked at, infact i would not have even bothered applying for the job. now tell me why should lee hughes be any different from the rest of us and walk straight into a high earning job such as a footballer where he is likely to live the rest of his life in comfort thanks to the job....in my opinion football clubs should take a stance and simply not employ players such as hughes who have committed such crimes....

those standing up for hughes on this thread would not be doing so if the victims of the crash were people they knew or even people from sussex....im all for giving people second chances but as someone has pointed out second chances have to be earnt, somthing that is not acheieved simply by scoring goals and behaving yourself like a normal citizen.

If you were a SUCCESSFUL investment banker who had already proved himself adept at earning fees for the corporation they would have you back in a flash.

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
I hope Lee Hughes receives a verbal battering on that day. I was disappointed to hear very little from the albion fans towards him today. However badly we play, I am going to totally lay off our players on that day and ensure I spend 90 minutes reminding him what a disgusting human being he is.

Complete Badger I m guessing you don't believe in forgive and forget.

I won't go out of my way to abuse Lee Hughes but if the fans start at him, I might chant along

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
second chances have to be earnt, somthing that is not acheieved simply by scoring goals and behaving yourself like a normal citizen.

....so how do you propose he earns his second chance if it cannot be done via behaving himself?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I don't think that Lee hughes should be allowed to play football every again - he's done what he's done - no normal person would do that in life and be able to resume their life as normal as he has - I think the league should have had more say in this matter - its not like he just commited one crime is it?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

So how in your view would he "earn" this second chance? He's very publicly apologised to everyone for the incident, he's done time for it, and he's gone back to work, paying taxes etc. He doesn't have to act like a performing monkey, maybe just him getting back to his "normal" life, all be it with a massive guilt on his mind would warrant him a second chance?

Yoda

English & European
We demand more RUCK info.

Did I hear someone mention a RUCK? ???

Imported%20Photos%2000008.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here