Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
dont panic, FDM is improving his distribution by giving out programmes :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is that OFFICIAL then ?
Have to say, I found myself a little bit bewildered and confused at Southampton when I discovered Chateau (or whatever it is) was playing in place of Kuipers. And it wasn't just the Stella on the train either.

WHY is the frenchie in ahead of the FDM ?

Anyone who was at the Saints game will know Flo did enough to deserve another chance, some his saves in the second half were superb.

His kicking also puts him ahead of FDM.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
London Irish said:
Anyone who was at the Saints game will know Flo did enough to deserve another chance, some his saves in the second half were superb.

As big a fan as I am of Kuipers, I agree.

I also think it makes sense to let him go now. :(

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I love Kuipers. However I'd put Flo in again.

He did enough at Saints to be given another chance. He's hasn't done enough in training for McGhee but he has come here with a good rep and maybe, he's worth it. We all know with Kuipers can do. Lets see if Flo can be better? Only fair to give him a chance.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
London Irish said:

Some of his handling was a little "slippery" in the first half. And as for his saves...a couple of fairly standard tip-overs to shots from distance, nothing out of the ordinairy really (certainly nothing I saw that would've beaten the FDM). Don't get me wrong, frenchie did ok, and looks to be reasonable backup. But I just don't see what Kuipers has done wrong since he came back to be left out of the side now.

Silent Bob said:

Maybe. McGhee is paid to make tough decisions about the quality of our squad. This one needs a lot of thought though.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Easy 10 said:
Some of his handling was a little "slippery" in the first half. And as for his saves...a couple of fairly standard tip-overs to shots from distance, nothing out of the ordinairy really (certainly nothing I saw that would've beaten the FDM). Don't get me wrong, frenchie did ok, and looks to be reasonable backup. But I just don't see what Kuipers has done wrong since he came back to be left out of the side now.

I second all of that.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Silent Bob said:

WHAT! Don't forget that the Frenchie is only on loan. Even if we do sign Henderson we need two pro keepers at the club next year.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Easy 10 said:

Nowt. I just think its fair to give him a go. Coppell wouldn't play Virgo and look what happend to him. Henderson has also dropped a number of shots and it looks like we're about to sign him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I know we could do with a cup run, and McGhee is not taking this game lightly, I think that, while Chaigneau certainly could do a job, I wouldn't be surprised if FDM is back in goal for the higher priority league game against dirty Leeds.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:
WHAT! Don't forget that the Frenchie is only on loan. Even if we do sign Henderson we need two pro keepers at the club next year.

Perhaps, if he's really good, we may be able to sign him in the summer?

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Jimmy Saville said:

I posted this elsewhere;

This is pure speculation, but on another thread there was a mention of Kuipers going (Rushden), but it does raise this scenario.

You get Kuipers off the wage bill, Henderson comes in on less money. At the end of the season the French guy goes back to Rennes and we offer professional deals to both Martin and Sullivan. 3 keepers on the books is not an issue, but if we have Kuipers and Henderson on the books, the chances are only one of them can stay, but as they are both highly rated which one do we keep?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
The Large One said:
I know we could do with a cup run, and McGhee is not taking this game lightly, I think that, while Chaigneau certainly could do a job, I wouldn't be surprised if FDM is back in goal for the higher priority league game against dirty Leeds.

That's what I am thinking too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here