Attachments

• IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 206

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
On credit terms through Klarna?
Quite. I didn't bother to check the price of a burger. £7 ffs. The second "patty" was so overcooked and crispy, and of indeterminable meat I actually checked with my son that we hadn't ordered a bacon burger. It was that bad

Last edited:

DanR

Dec 26, 2020
Peasmarsh
Adding in the self serve units plus a few mobile bars in the WSU seems to have made it more efficient to actually get a pint in the WSU.
Those ebars were useless. I had about five plastic cups just crush when trying to use. Ended up loosing £7 as the machine couldn't dispense a pint into the cup.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
As mentioned earlier the new super burger was stone cold. Disgusting.
Yeah, but it had premium cheese so you can’t have everything.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
East Upper, south kiosk. Arrived at 2:22 to see of the 8 tills only 5 open. Queues as usual from the kiosk to the back wall, blocking the pathway for people getting through. Got to the front and they had hardly anything left. Asked for a new burger and the lad said they were just preping some more. Off he went and a few minutes later returned with a fresh, hot, burger. Took it to my seat and regretted not adding ketchup but other than that, not too bad.
Anyone who goes to away games knows that huge queues, lousy food and expensive beer is the norm and I'd say that the Amex is better than most, even with its faults.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The double cheeseburger in WSL before the game, was warm verging on hot, quite moist but well-cooked patties, fresh bun, plenty of melted cheese and dill pickles - and apart from the pickles, somehow managed to be completely tasteless. Needs salt and some sort of burger sauce.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Credit where it is due for east lower:

- the chips in east lower were much better
- veggie bombay potato pie was great as per usual
- cauliflower masala and poppadoms was great
- fast service both centre and south end kiosks even at half time
- harveys in good condition and full pints

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Oh Piglets vegan Bombay P;otato pies l could die for!

I tried to order some from Piglets during the summer, but not possible, they only make them for sale at the Amex apparantly, and even then only for certain periods of the season.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Oh Piglets vegan Bombay P;otato pies l could die for!

I tried to order some from Piglets during the summer, but not possible, they only make them for sale at the Amex apparantly, and even then only for certain periods of the season.
I share your pain. Could eat them daily and never get bored.

Piglets did a veggie breakfast pie when we were away at spurs in 2019. It has never made it to the amex which is a huge shame

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

As a resident of the WSU and someone who doesn't visit the East Lower often, I was amazed at the array of choice.

I saw cheesy chips, pizza and massive buckets of popcorn all being sold, and enjoyed. It was quite a revelation.

Also good to see you too, sir!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As a resident of the WSU and someone who doesn't visit the East Lower often, I was amazed at the array of choice.

I saw cheesy chips, pizza and massive buckets of popcorn all being sold, and enjoyed. It was quite a revelation.

Cheesy chips are new this season.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005

Great to see you too.

Yes lots of choice and it has inproved.

Some people rave about the pizzas (deep dish style with sauce on top). They're I think 6.50 a slice. Last year the pizzas were thinner but a 9 or 10 inch pizza so 4 similar sized slices for £10 so it's a not for me Clive.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Those ebars were useless. I had about five plastic cups just crush when trying to use. Ended up loosing £7 as the machine couldn't dispense a pint into the cup.
You must have been unlucky. Love the ebars. Very quick and easy normally. Far more efficient than the human equivalent!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here