Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering

SAC

May 21, 2014
How does the Amex compare to the offerings at other clubs though? I agree it's poor, but I avoid the "food" offerings at away games like the plague.
The kiosk at Villa wouldnt have looked out of place in downtown Mogadishu.
The chuck wagons outside are the best option by far which says a lot.
I think it's already been mentioned but most clubs are not out of town which means people have choice outside the ground making it easier to avoid the (usually) awful choices inside the ground. That said, some clubs do get it right if you look at Footie Scran on Twitter/X although mostly away from the PL.

There is no excuse for the burgers at the Amex.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's already been mentioned but most clubs are not out of town which means people have choice outside the ground making it easier to avoid the (usually) awful choices inside the ground. That said, some clubs do get it right if you look at Footie Scran on Twitter/X although mostly away from the PL.

There is no excuse for the burgers at the Amex.
Judging by the photos, the actual burger itself doesn't that bad. But bereft of a decent bun and any kind of salad or dressing, you'd probably not contemplate eating it just about anywhere else

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Purchased 3 Chicken & Mushroom pies, all in the correct yellow carboard sleeve.
Got to our seats and one was a Chicken Balti. It was nice first time but kept repeating on me all match.
That's interesting as Piglets did not supply any chicken and mushroom or chicken balti to Brighton as far as I'm aware.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
East Stand Lower

Further beer purchases from middle serving area less impressive. Ordered an inches and harveys. Took ages for the one guy pouring to pour the harvey. When the server turned to apologise that she was still waiting for the cider, someone else snaffled the harveys. So the wait started again. For future may double up the second order to save time.
Are you a regular in East Lower?

That Harvey’s bar is farcical, Although I’m not a regular drinker of it I have on a number of occasions attempted to buy it as the queue is often short, however the staff ALWAYS have trouble pouring and most of it goes down the drain, the serving area is always full of cups of froth

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
That's interesting as Piglets did not supply any chicken and mushroom or chicken balti to Brighton as far as I'm aware.
I had a piglets chicken last Saturday, from their kiosk.

Incidentally I asked why no chips and was told by a BHA staff member the club wouldn’t allow fryers - might explain the previous comments about oven cooked chips. Sounds like PBOBE needs to relax the rules a bit.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Are you a regular in East Lower?

That Harvey’s bar is farcical, Although I’m not a regular drinker of it I have on a number of occasions attempted to buy it as the queue is often short, however the staff ALWAYS have trouble pouring and most of it goes down the drain, the serving area is always full of cups of froth
I am indeed. Harveys bar hasn't been there so far this season but I recognise your description :)

So its been the catering outlets themselves So far for me.

One thing I forgot to mention is that there is a pizza place in the area that is sometimes given to away fans for cup ties at the far south end of the stadium
Last year was 10gbp for a 10 inch pizza. This year it's 6.75gbp for a slice (about a quarter of the size of last years full pizza.

I know flour and cheese has gone up in price but that's taking a diabolical liberty in my view.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I had a piglets chicken last Saturday, from their kiosk.

Incidentally I asked why no chips and was told by a BHA staff member the club wouldn’t allow fryers - might explain the previous comments about oven cooked chips. Sounds like PBOBE needs to relax the rules a bit.
Chicken gammon and leek?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I could have sworn i saw a family at the man u games with chips in the stands ?

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
But I like cheese.

Didn’t see them on offer from the canal barge, I did have a beer though. It certainly made a change from Wetherspoons
Hey, I like cheese too. Don't get me wrong, cheese rocks. But you can get other things in them as well as cheese. If you want.

In any case, from memory the oatcakes in the ground were kind of sad things from a plastic wrapper. Better options are available, even in a straight uncut cheese variety. Not just from the boat but I think that's the way most people will go to/from the station. Don't know if they're always in the same place but I think the beer barge was immediatly next to (or along from) the oatcake boat at the Cup game last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here