Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Catering

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’d say that goes for almost every football stadium, concert, festival, mass gathering, Wetherspoons, etc.
Not sure that’s true about festivals, my sons went to Reading on Sunday, they said the good thing about buying food at a festival is there is a massive choice.
Not cheap but not overpriced and shit wasn’t mentioned.

There doesn’t seem much choice at the Amex for a non meat eater like myself.
I was in the queue to buy a drink last night and looked at the food menu, Vegan Bombay potato pie or crisps seemed to be the only option.
I have no clue if this pie is spicy, I’ve never had Bombay potato in my life.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not sure that’s true about festivals, my sons went to Reading on Sunday, they said the good thing about buying food at a festival is there is a massive choice.
Not cheap but not overpriced and shit wasn’t mentioned.

There doesn’t seem much choice at the Amex for a non meat eater like myself.
I was in the queue to buy a drink last night and looked at the food menu, Vegan Bombay potato pie or crisps seemed to be the only option.
I have no clue if this pie is spicy, I’ve never had Bombay potato in my life.
Bombay potato? Isn't that a fish?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I have to say, the chocolate muffin outside the Amex was really excellent. (Stall next to the fish and chips.) Moist, rich, very chocolatey, and best of all, large. The flat white coffee was very good too. Highly recommended, and decently priced.
I can concur. My raspberry and white chocolate muffin from the same vendor was both sizeable and moist.................oooer obviously! :)

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
How does the Amex compare to the offerings at other clubs though? I agree it's poor, but I avoid the "food" offerings at away games like the plague.
The kiosk at Villa wouldnt have looked out of place in downtown Mogadishu.
The chuck wagons outside are the best option by far which says a lot.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How does the Amex compare to the offerings at other clubs though? I agree it's poor, but I avoid the "food" offerings at away games like the plague.
The kiosk at Villa wouldnt have looked out of place in downtown Mogadishu.
The chuck wagons outside are the best option by far which says a lot.
Prices are similar (lower than some london grounds as you’d expect)
Piglets stuff is generally much better
Burgers don’t compare well with most (one of our group had one on Saturday, it looked awful)
Choice is probably about par

Agree re outside wagons. I personally like places like, for example, Arsenal where there are loads of burger vans in people’s gardens etc lining the route :smile: Can’t think of many away ground highlights - generally much better (and cheaper) at non-league grounds

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Not if it’s a vegan pie
I can’t see any mention of Bombay Potato pie on Piglets website

Burgers don’t compare well with most (one of our group had one on Saturday, it looked awful)

Agree re outside wagons. I personally like places like, for example, Arsenal where there are loads of burger vans in people’s gardens etc lining the route :smile: Can’t think of many away ground highlights - generally much better (and cheaper) at non-league grounds
The jerk chicken guy outside Spurs ground is always a highlight of a trip to Tottenham

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

I'm a big fan of that canal boat that sells oatcakes in Stoke.

Unsurprisingly, it shits all over the oatcakes that they sell in the ground itself.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023

Spot on about Arsenal. LOADS of choice on the way in. I had a lovely hot dog on the way to Fulham too. Thankfully Chelsea is near lots of decent places as their food is god awful - special mention to the German doner place I went to last year. Highly recommended - you won't regret it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here