Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

catering today....

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First thoroughly entertaining match......but what the hell is going on with the catering?

In the west upper after the match, run out of...

All beer
All cider
No diet coke
No pies
No hotdogs

When I asked a member of staff what was going on she said the caters had thrown away 7000 quid of food after the Derby match and were scaling back

So here we have the biggest cup match so far at the amex, and the prospect of strong food and drink demand regardless of the result, and they get it totally wrong. Sort it out guys.....

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I'm going to completely ruin your thread with my match report;

Half time, went down and queued for less than 10 minutes, had every pie imaginable on sale, all beers, happy faces.

That was the East side of the North stand, although they have added extra refreshment booths so I suppose it had to be better service. Best pies I've had at the Amex so far, as well.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
No probs West Lower. Tasty, moist Scotch pie at 2.15pm. Best pie this season. Two more Scotch pies and a cheeseburger for the other Earles.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is another option - eat and drink before the game

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
took me 30 minutes before the game to get my pie in the WSU...a queue of perhaps 10 people in front of me...yet when I get to the front the transaction probably lasted 30 seconds at most (pie and a drink)

Scotch Meat pie was brilliant though!

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Ok before the game , but after no Harveys to be found, east, south, Hopeless

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
East Lower at 1:30 was splendid. Burger was incredible quality, can't believe how good it was, even at £4.20!

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
North stand was fine, liked how they had a new refreshment kiosk at the entrance and finally some gents toilets on the east side

willow147

Mar 16, 2011
Romney Marsh, Kent
Tasty, moist Scotch pie at 2.15pm. Best pie this season. Two more Scotch pies and a cheeseburger for the other Earles.

I thought the Scotch was actually the worst I'd had so far, there was a small slab of something rattling around in the pie crust and I poured out the oil/grease from the box after having lifted the soggy bottomed pie out.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
WSU they ran out of all beer at 5.30. Imagine if we had won!? Regardless of the score this is a f***ing shambles.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
WSU they ran out of all beer at 5.30. Imagine if we had won!? Regardless of the score this is a f***ing shambles.

Rubbish... we bought a pint after the man u game started.... rumbled mate

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We went to the bar. They only had rose left. In my book thats running out of f***ing beer.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We went to the bar. They only had rose left. In my book thats running out of f***ing beer.

Well the man u game started at half past... we got four pints just after the penalty.....

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Took us forever to get a pint of Harveys after the game. Came down from WSU to WSL, tried every kiosk and they were all out. Went round to the North stand and they were all out. About 20 minutes later one of the kiosks down the end had got a couple of barrels from somewhere though.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
WSU before the match.

Queued for 5 minutes only to be told that till didn't have e-cash capabilities depsite the sign saying so.

Any special pies left? No.
Any Balti pies left? No.

3rd choice pie, and no 10% cashback.

Thanks Barber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here