Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Feedback?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
In my experience the service in the WSU has been very good. However the noodles are totally overpriced in my opinion but other than that the WSU seems fine.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Asked for a chicken and ham pie, but got given balti once, and asked if there was any tomato in the burgers now...was told no, only to open it up and see a fat dollop of tomato relish. Stitch up.

When there are chicken and ham pies I'm happy.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
In all honesty - I agree with you about the noodles. I can't see the sense of them to be honest. All I can say is that the noodles and all the ingredients are fresh, rather than the freeze-dried stuff you get in pot noodles. But sometimes you shouldn't try and fix what aint broke. Give me a pot noodle and I'll be more than happy. And about a fiver better off too!

Burgers....have you tried one recently? As I mentioned before we've bought new ones and the quality is much better.

I'm sorry the pies aren't to your liking but I happen to know that Piglet's Pantry who supply us with pies are looking to introduce a pasty for the start of next season so fingers crossed!

Not tried burger for months,so benfit of the doubt,maybe they have got a lot better.
Balti pies are ok,but getting one,they are rarer than an England shiney badge in a pack of panini stickers.
And as for the noodles,fair play for agreeing they are shite

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Wednesday night, straight after the Cardiff game I went to the West Lower for a tea and a chicken and ham pie, was told they were out of tea so asked for a beer only to then be told they were out of chicken and ham pies and only steak and ale left, so I took that, imagine my surprise when I bit into it to find out it was chicken balti... Just as well I like that really isn't it?...

The bird was pretty fit though. :thumbsup:

Wow. That really is surprising. Some kind of individual incompetence there it seems. The chefs are told to mark each pie as it comes out of the oven. And I can't understand the lack of tea - each kiosk is supplied with at least 1000! Can't imagine they sold that many! Perhaps management need to communicate stock levels to staff more efficiently.

EDIT: As for the young lady behind the counter - no comment ;)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Have to say was very impressed in WSU by block I. Was late to the match, so decided to nip out at half time and try the noodles. Was a bit concerned as I'd heard horror stories of half time queues, but I left about 2 minutes after the ref blew for the break and was back within about 5. Very quick service, very keen and polite girl serving, and the noodles were fantastic! Not sure they're quite worth £7, but the quality was far, far higher than I was expecting. Tasted great and very fresh. They had run out of the Chicken noodles, but the girl serving brought both other options for me to see so I could pick.

The only thing I would say is both she and the person supervising the kiosk seemed a little confused by the noodles, and as to where they were, which was surprising given the Chicken noodles had all gone (or perhaps they'd just didn't have any to start with?).

I often think the service in that kiosk is good, and have only had twice when I couldn't get what I want (and once was just a lack of Pepsi, although the way the server dealt with this was insane). Food is always hot and properly cooked, stock levels are good and the staff deal with things quickly and are generally quite friendly. Will say I've only had the pies and the noodles up until now though.

Last edited:

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
WSL ran out of meat pies yesterday at half time - I sampled my first veggie pie - although it was hot it tasted shite and I won't be having one again!!! Carrot purée pie is not my thing obviously!!! Also queues were massive and when I finally reached the counter they had stopped serving alcohol!!! To be honest It was probably a good thing as I'd had a couple before the game in Dicks and was going back in there after for a couple!!! My head would be feeling even worse this morning than it is now had I managed to get another vino!!!!

Yeah there were issues with pie stock yesterday - LOTS were wasted on Wednesday night - many kiosks ended up cooking off too many to compensate for running out early on. This diminished our stock levels heavily. I know I wasn't the only team leader screaming over the radio for more pies.

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
In the West Stand Lower only 2 minutes into half time I found a short queue at one of the Harveys mobile stations, only about five in front of me. When I was next to be served he had run out. I asked why so soon after the break, and why he had not replenished during the first half, to which he replied the manager had not let him, and to manage with the stock he had. Although he said there was plenty available in store.

I do not know if you have viewed a previous post of mine regarding service but for your information I have copied the link here. Thanks

Improved and more Efficient System for Serving Refreshments

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
We're in the North and the food and service has always been excellent.

The burger I had early in the season was RANK but my daughter had one recently and said it was lovely so they have definitely improved.

The pies are superb. Anyone moaning about them doesn't really have a clue - they are SO much better than the crappy generic shite you get at most grounds.

I would like to see a nice pasty introduced though.

The service has improved over the course of the season as well.

:thumbsup:

Thank you :D glad you're enjoying the experience :amex:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I saw 3 burgers returned in WSU south end for being cold on Wednesday evening. My hot dog tasted of nothing whatsoever?

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
Yeah there were issues with pie stock yesterday - LOTS were wasted on Wednesday night - many kiosks ended up cooking off too many to compensate for running out early on. This diminished our stock levels heavily. I know I wasn't the only team leader screaming over the radio for more pies.

OK fair enough - I suppose it's hard to gauge how many pies you need for each game - thanks for trying to sort stuff out though - I appreciate the fact your taking the trouble to try! X

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The East Stand has improved every game, but it really has come on markedly, game on game since the turn of the year.
This week was the best ever, minimal queue, great service.

The season ticket only queue is a great idea, esp I guess for training new staff, one less thing to worry about.

I admire your willingness to come on here and listen to feedback. I have no recent issues with WSL (south end). As you say the previous burgers were horrible and I haven't tried one since - maybe I'll give it another go on your recommendation. Service has improved overall and queues are shorter. I only have anything before the game as I have never understood this obsession with eating and drinking half way though a match as some sort of ritual.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
In the north stand my only real concern is the queues prior to kick off and at half time. I appreciate that this is not really down to the catering staff, there was a rumour about adding another kiosk somewhere in there which would help both you and us out immensely. Is there any truth in this?

pwlr1966

Aug 7, 2011
Last three matches WSU north has been very good, even had a hot pie yesterday, my son has taken very well to the new burgers (although he hates the onions - fussy Fuker). Did notice one till was not accepting e-card payments but the staff had the sense to stick up a sign. Keep up the good work!!

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Asked for a chicken and ham pie, but got given balti once, and asked if there was any tomato in the burgers now...was told no, only to open it up and see a fat dollop of tomato relish. Stitch up.

When there are chicken and ham pies I'm happy.

The 'wrong pie' problem seems to have happened a number of times. I will raise this as an issue with the head chef - this is a chef responsibility so they'll sort the issue.

I can only hold my head in my hands about the tomato thing. Some people just don't understand simple concepts. TOMATO IS RELISH AND RELISH IS TOMATO. I apologise on behalf of the incompetence of that staff member.

TryingToServe

Oct 16, 2011
Brighton
Have to say was very impressed in WSU by block I. Was late to the match, so decided to nip out at half time and try the noodles. Was a bit concerned as I'd heard horror stories of half time queues, but I left about 2 minutes after the ref blew for the break and was back within about 5. Very quick service, very keen and polite girl serving, and the noodles were fantastic! Not sure they're quite worth £7, but the quality was far, far higher than I was expecting. Tasted great and very fresh. They had run out of the Chicken noodles, but the girl serving brought both other options for me to see so I could pick.

The only thing I would say is both she and the person supervising the kiosk seemed a little confused by the noodles, and as to where they were, which was surprising given the Chicken noodles had all gone (or perhaps they'd just didn't have any to start with?).

I often think the service in that kiosk is good, and have only had twice when I couldn't get what I want (and once was just a lack of Pepsi, although the way the server dealt with this was insane). Food is always hot and properly cooked, stock levels are good and the staff deal with things quickly and are generally quite friendly. Will say I've only had the pies and the noodles up until now though.

Thank you thank you - this is exactly what we're going for. There will still be more minor issues - especially when we run low on something/new staff/new products. But the major problems are being ironed out which is great.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Got to say, the wsu service, q times and quality have improved immensely in the last month so. Even left it until the half time whistle had gone yesterday and still managed to have a pie and pint and be back in my seat for kick off, fair play.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here