Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Feedback?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I think the service is quicker in the East stand now. Yesterday was probably the fastest ever. It would help sometimes if people made up their minds BEFORE reaching the counter, but that is not something the club can control. The 'fast lane' for smartcard payment is also a very good idea.

Much like the 'fast lane' they should have a 'slow lane' for indecisive people ;)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
are temp checks monitored on the pies and general hot food,everytime i have purchased a pie or a burger for my son,they have been luke warm and i mean luke.
im suprised no food poisoning hasnt taken place.
These a simple requirements

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
I have tried all of the pies my thoughts where

chicken and ham is my favorite and generally delicious
Steak and ale was very fatty with very little meat with out fat
vegetarian pie i found was just horrible and never again

Only ran out twice, and I have been to every game and ate at the amex bar one.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Chicken & Ham good for last few matches. Now seems to contain ham.
Steak & Ale too strong tasting. Tried once, not for me.
Veggie pie a good option to chicken in absence of decent steak pie.
Problem with pies is I still feel hungry afterwards.
Never tried a burger due to bad reputation.
Recent couple of sausages in roll had very pale sausages that looked & tasted like heated but not fully cooked through. Haven't been near since.
Never fancied a balt & wouldn't spend £7 on noodles.
So my only food options have dwindled to veggie or chicken pie. Nice enough, but a bit boring now & may take sandwiches instead soon.
WSL middle kiosk packed with steak, but no chicken pies at all at 1.45. Luckily WSL left side had a few. Phew!
Sorry, staff friendly & seem to know better what they are doing now,

Nov 20, 2003
hove
im not a beer drinker so im not fussed about Ale ect pies are v good ,burgers and hot dogs are poor and always cold coffee is poor ,bought two hotdogs a cheese burger and 3 drinks outside today all hot tasty and cost 11 quids not bad .Will still have the pies but you need to sort out temps on hot dogs and burgers EHO wont be impressed they come nowhere near to 70 * searving temp.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's just occurred to me.

what if any staff retention, is expected.

If the progress in the east carries on, come the Birmingham game, it will be just about perfect.
But will you be back to square one, in August with totally new top to bottom staff?

Nov 20, 2003
hove
sorry forgot to add the staff and waiting times are much much better than at start of season .so sort out dog and burgers and good coffee your be fine

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So muchquicker & easier getting served now, well done to the staff who work so hard & stay cheerful.

Could you please ensure WSL has a supply of ale ready for the end of the game? Yesterday it soon ran out and, although re-supplied, this was after many had gone. Not the 1st time this had happened.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
They are gonne be popular,coz its the only thing they sell :facepalm:

What point are you trying to make? You implied the majority of fans prefer meat and potato pies, sausage rolls etc etc. Unless they have the choice of piglet pantry pies or the bog standard muck that pukka offer how do you know what their favourite is. Seems to me the general feeling from away fans is that the pies are good and away fans are probably a better gauge as they are likely to visit many different grounds and see whats on offer. I'd say the pies are head and shoulders above the crap from the concessions serving the south stand at withdean.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now that is bad - I know some people were having problems with the bain-maries we use to store cooked burgers that aren't on the chutes. Perhaps this was the issue. As far as I know all was fixed for yesterday's game.

And I agree about the new hotdogs - the previous ones were much tastier. This has been brought up on a number of occasions - I think they're going to re-introduce the older style sausages again soon. They only bought these ones because they were longer and thus fit the buns better. But they shouldn't compromise on taste.

Thank you for your answer, most refreshing to get such honesty.

Sent from Pippa Middleton's lingerie drawer.

Doc

Aug 15, 2011
Twice in the last few weeks I've had a Chicken Balti pie and a pint of Harvey's and have been charged £7.10. When I've pointed out that a pie and pint should be £6.50 I've been told that as Chicken Balti is not on the poster it is exempt from the deal. Does anyone know if this is right as most of the staff charge £6.50 for the combination.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Son stopped at the burger van outside the station on Saturday and was asked to sign his petition and to quote him ' the council are only trying to close him down so that the club caterers can make even more money by opening their own burger vans at extortionate prices

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
WSU upper north end has been consistently good recently... hot delicious pies... and the speed of service has definitely improved... keep it up :thumbsup:

100% with this. I love the pies and love the beer. I wonder sometimes why they don't pre-pour for half time in the beer and pie kiosk (what else are people going to buy?) but the food and beer is great. I normally have alot of both! And, it is better than any other ground I've been to

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Gave up buying from food at the ground a while ago due to slow service etc. Tried again at the Boro game but in the Family stand ALL pies except veggie pies had run out by 2.30. I know more were cooked later but it seems really poor not to be able to buy a meat buy half an hour before kick off.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Son stopped at the burger van outside the station on Saturday and was asked to sign his petition and to quote him ' the council are only trying to close him down so that the club caterers can make even more money by opening their own burger vans at extortionate prices

Resident complaints and his inability to correctly apply for a permanent licence are the reasons according to the Argus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here