Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Catering Feedback?

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Also can we be allowed to slap people on the back of the head that a) take forever deciding what they want even though they have been queuing for a couple of minutes right in front of the menu board and b) people that don't have their money ready to pay for their food/drink?

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
WSU upper north end has been consistently good recently... hot delicious pies... and the speed of service has definitely improved... keep it up :thumbsup:

Agree with that, I've complained before about the WSU North end kiosk before but things have got a lot better over the last few games. Got there at 14:15 yesterday, 5mins queueing, nice hot chicken balti pie and a pint of Harveys, even managed enough time to get a second pint as the service was quick. Well done, keep it up.
:thumbsup:

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm in the northstand only tried the pies. Chicken balti is the best imo. Tried them all with the exception of the vegetable one. No complaints here. Staff friendly. suusex beer also good. Cheers.
pretty much all of this, except I've tried all the pies & burgers (for research purposes obviously). Really don't think the staff could try any harder or do much better than they do already, considering we're 6 months into a new stadium. Assume there'll be more kiosks & staff next season?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ok, firstly, thank you for your efforts to listen to fans opinions and make the whole experience better for everyone.

But I have had many problems over the past few months, such as;

1) asked for a chicken & ham pie, recieved a burger... (box was marked up as burger)

2) asked for a chicken & ham pie, she reached and got a pie in the steak pie section, needless to say what I got.

3) Wednesday night, middle of WSL sold out of chicken & ham pies at 19:15. They only had Balti and Veg left. (loads of them) they told me there would be more soon, I had noticed they had a whole oven load of pies, so assumed these would be a mixture of steak/chicken. Nope they was all Balti/Veg.... Why? Same problem at the other two kiosks.

4) Sometimes, ilike to get to the Amex early, but what I have found is, you can not get a hot pie before 2:00

It will also be nice to see more 'tables' as when you have a pie and a pint, it's very hard without the use of one. Maybe by putting the hotdog kiosk and beer kiosks to the other side as the take up a lot of table space? Tables around the pillars maybe?

Many thanks for your efforts, hope it can continue to improve

robinsonsgrin

Mar 16, 2009
LA...wishing it was devon..
my question is... why cant some of the pies be cooked but cold? yes hot pies are great, but plenty of people will buy a cold pie from the shops...
also..........sausage rolls... sausage rolls....why cant we have them? hot or cold makes no odds...
surely the catering area could allow for a colder option.. baguette..sarnie...pre-made etc.. then it is another option when the pie system lets us down. in the east there is the hotdog stand.. why not a baguette one?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
The pies are lovely, but in the real world I hardly ever eat pies all the time. Does anyone?

Don't you need some different, easy-prep, easy serve options?

Like... Jacket potatoes, Homemade soups, Pret-style sandwiches...

Why not give 'em a try?

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
The pies are lovely, but in the real world I hardly ever eat pies all the time. Does anyone?

Don't you need some different, easy-prep, easy serve options?

Like... Jacket potatoes, Homemade soups, Pret-style sandwiches...

Why not give 'em a try?

Agreed, there was more options a Withdean. Bacon Rolls... CHIPS!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
WSL - use the Soouthern most outlet or the Pie & Pint booth on the outer wall just further north.

Generally have a pie and a pint before the game but never eat at half time because I assume the queues will be dreadful (and I've already had a pie!).

Have never had the wrong pie or a cold pie. Always been Harveys when I have wanted it. Early on there was an issue with malfunctioning readers but now seems resolved. My only gripe is the queing and that seems to have improved (maybe because some have given up on buying food in the concourse?).

Still think the queing would be much improved if you introduced one queue system (much debated - theory illustrated on other threads). Works beautifully in tesco at lunchtime in Covent Garden for example and that is RAMMED.

Great that you want feedback - definitely improving and well up to standard. Sort the queing and introduce pasties and I'll be delighted.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Have rarely had problems in WSU, never had a cold pie and only once got given the wrong one which I took back and was replaced no fuss. Queues are what they are, a lot of people wanting stuff at the same time, doesn't bother me too much. The staff are ten times better than the start of the season when (understandably) they were still learning the ropes. Having been in the North for cup games and seen the chaos that can ensue down there, I'm pretty happy with WSU. And I had a cheeseburger yesterday which was rather good I must say :thumbsup:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I got a burger yesterday, it was stone cold in pink in the middle. I took it back and swapped it for a pie that was colder than my pint. Also run out of Kronemburg. Absolute shambles as always

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Noodles are proper shit,seriously,its a glorified pot noodle,for £7.
Burgers (had 3 since Amex opened) all been cold.
Pies,aint all that either.
Look at most grounds,you will see,sausage rolls,meat and potato pies,pasties etc,all favs amongst the majority of fans,and the majority is who the catering should be aimed at.

What makes you think you are speaking for the majority of fans? Perhaps the OP could confirm how many pies/burgers/hot dogs and noodles are bought each match and that might indicate how populare they are.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Congratulations to "TryingToServe" for having the committment and the intelligence (not to mention bravery!) to come on here and ask/answer questions.

When you make manager, as you inevitably will, I hope you remember that speaking to customers works (and responding to what they say works even better)!
Agreed. Also this thread is refreshingly clear (so far) of all the sanctimonious twats who don't understand the concept of 'customer feedback' and say stuff like "No one goes to football to eat, why are you all moaning about pies when we're doing so well you ungrateful bastards etc etc"

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
My brother got a bottle of pepsi which had passed it's best before date yesterday.

Also the pies have been getting worse and worse. Often JUST about warm, compared to the start of the season where they were piping hot.

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
We have taken to using the Beer & Pie counter in WSL and that seems to work quite well - we gave up several months ago using the main refreshment counter at the northern end of WSL because of the time it took and the lottery of what was available, even at 2.15pm. It means the club is losing out on the occasional wine/tea/coffee/water that some of our group might purchase. Yesterday at 2.20pm the Beer & Pie counter seemed to have a good selection of pies available and my chicken balti pie was scorching hot. In fact my pie on Wednesday was noticeably scorching as well and that was from Dick's Bar. (Up until this week I hadn't realised that they came in anything other than luke warm or cold.)

There are obviously still problems in being able to monitor how quickly the food is selling and where it needs to be replenished, which is a little surprising. I got my steak pie in Dick's on Wednesday at about 6.10pm and that was the last steak pie - obviously they were expecting to get more but it seemed very early to have temporarily sold out of what is clearly a popular choice.

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Very well done on restocking the bars after the game yesterday. Fresh Harveys from the barrel can't beat it. Big thumbs up for the server who disappeared as soon as I got to the front of the queue and reappeared with my pint of Harveys without even asking. (Should I be worried) :clap2:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I think the service is quicker in the East stand now. Yesterday was probably the fastest ever. It would help sometimes if people made up their minds BEFORE reaching the counter, but that is not something the club can control. The 'fast lane' for smartcard payment is also a very good idea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here