Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Carlton cole?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Come on then, throw some names of people you would want, that you feel would be better than someone like Carlton Cole. Im intrigued.

They arent all available, but at a realistic level I would prefer any of. ...

Jordan Rhodes
Jason Roberts
Kevin Phillips
Gary Taylor-Fletcher
Kevin Davies
Charlie Austin
Ross McCormack
Sammy Ameobi

Over Carlton Cole. Cole really isnt all that.

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I don't think we will change our passing style in any way. It's just having a focal point to allow cms etc to not do the hard work.

Swansea have Danny Graham. 6ft 1, strong and not as technical. They did what we are trying to do now by recruiting a slightly stronger striker.

Good point, but Barnes is 6 ft...

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
OK if that is correct he is back on £28k a week isn't he? Still £1.5m a season or do you think he enjoyed getting £14k so much he wants to go back to it? I've got some really bad news for you about the Tooth fairy and Father Christmas as well...

Sarcasm wasn't needed. You plucked a figure out of thin air, and were miles wrong. Pretty much what dozens of people have been doing over the last few weeks. Not saying he's worth us paying £28k, just proving that he wasn't on 50k a week.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
They arent all available, but at a realistic level I would prefer any of. ...

Jordan Rhodes
Jason Roberts
Kevin Phillips
Gary Taylor-Fletcher
Kevin Davies
Charlie Austin
Ross McCormack
Sammy Ameobi

Over Carlton Cole. Cole really isnt all that.

Ameobi has 1, yes 1, career goal. In the carling cup against Scunthorpe.
Jason Roberts has signed an extension at reading, so no way would he come here.
Kevin Davies is a key player in the Bolton team, a team paying bigger wages and more fancied to go up than us. A team in which he is an absolute hero.
Jordan Rhodes has been offered 23k, yes £23k to stay at Huddersfield, can't see us beating that.

As for the others, if we could bring Austin back south to his family and kid (s?) or McCormack they'd be good signings.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Good point, but Barnes is 6 ft...

The thing is, I shouldnt have really mentioned height. It doesn't really make a difference if they are 6ft or 6ft 4. It's more the type of player we are after. It's certainly not a run of the mill 'target man' that we're after. It's just a player who is more willing to play with his back to goal.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Never been impressed with Carlton Cole and his games/goals record is not great. Certainly not worth over 2m. I'd support him if he arrived but I think a player like Rhodes has more potential.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Sarcasm wasn't needed. You plucked a figure out of thin air, and were miles wrong. Pretty much what dozens of people have been doing over the last few weeks. Not saying he's worth us paying £28k, just proving that he wasn't on 50k a week.

What are you a School Teacher? Seriously, yes I did pluck it out of the air, but £28k to £40k is about £600k pa difference which in the scheme of trying to finance a deal like this is pretty much neither here nor there. Whichever way you look at it this is pie in the sky which was the point I was trying to make before you made such a big deal of trying to trip me up. Anyway enough of the hissy fit, as I said I think he would do well if there was something in it...

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Ax2MzsqCEAA7EBI.jpg

That's a BEAST of a handbag he's got with him there! Should fit in nicely down here.

Don't rate him though I'm afraid.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
No I meant Sammi who we were rumoured to want on loan. Newcastle fan friend reckons he is going to be better than his brother and a terrific prospect. This would excite me more than Carlton Cole for stupid money.

It's like Lua-Lua all over again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here