Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Hmm it’s a tough call.

Keep Rushworth and perhaps he gets limited game time competing for No.1/plays cup games. Or one more year developing on loan then reassess next summer?

I guess it also depends on what Steele wants. For me he’s either here purely as back-up or let him leave if he has suitors. If he does leave, then I suppose Rushworth is in the match day squad.

Either way, selling Rushworth now would be the worst move. Can’t see that happening.
Nothing to do with what Steele wants. Now RDZ has gone he will have to accept being 3 or 4 choice or he moves on. Rushworth should be challenging Bart for the No1 spot! Can’t see Steele being nowhere near the first team now!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Nothing to do with what Steele wants. Now RDZ has gone he will have to accept being 3 or 4 choice or he moves on. Rushworth should be challenging Bart for the No1 spot! Can’t see Steele being nowhere near the first team now!
Sorry, but it is.

If Steele wants to leave, then we let him go and Rushworth is back.

If Steele wants to stay but accept he’s back-up, then he’s an adequate number 2 who is an ultimate professional. In the meantime, Rushworth can go and get guaranteed minutes elsewhere and come back the following year.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hmm it’s a tough call.

Keep Rushworth and perhaps he gets limited game time competing for No.1/plays cup games. Or one more year developing on loan then reassess next summer?

I guess it also depends on what Steele wants. For me he’s either here purely as back-up or let him leave if he has suitors. If he does leave, then I suppose Rushworth is in the match day squad.

Either way, selling Rushworth now would be the worst move. Can’t see that happening.
I agree with you that Rushworth gets minimal game time, and I don’t think Bart needs replacing. He’s Dutch No 1 at age 21 so is clearly a quality keeper.

I can however see him being sold if we get an offer of 20m+. Bart is a year younger and we’ve got Beadle coming through who’s 3 years younger. It’s pointless having 3 highly rated keepers in the squad when only one of them can ever play.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I agree with you that Rushworth gets minimal game time, and I don’t think Bart needs replacing. He’s Dutch No 1 at age 21 so is clearly a quality keeper.

I can however see him being sold if we get an offer of 20m+. Bart is a year younger and we’ve got Beadle coming through who’s 3 years younger. It’s pointless having 3 highly rated keepers in the squad when only one of them can ever play.
At that price and with a sell-on you could well be right but it would be a bit of a shame.

I think the ideal scenario for the club is Rushworth does another year on loan, Bart has an outstanding season and gets sold for big money, then Rushworth returns the following year as new number 1.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We wouldn't sell Beadle or Rushworth this summer unless somebody is paying silly money. Can't see it. Actually Steele leaving looks more likely, and even Bart if he has a storming Euros.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
At that price and with a sell-on you could well be right but it would be a bit of a shame.

I think the ideal scenario for the club is Rushworth does another year on loan, Bart has an outstanding season and gets sold for big money, then Rushworth returns the following year as new number 1.
20m into the transfer kitty for a player that wasn’t even in our squad last season wouldn’t be the worst. I know transfers aren’t quite as simplistic as this, but I bet most fans wouldn’t complain about the deal if we then went and bought a PL ready midfield enforcer with that cash!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Sorry, but it is.

If Steele wants to stay but accept he’s back-up, then he’s an adequate number 2 who is an ultimate professional. In the meantime, Rushworth can go and get guaranteed minutes elsewhere and come back the following year.
No such thing as guaranteed minutes though. It’s always a gamble particularly if the loan is to an EPL club

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Sorry, but it is.

The latter would be my preference with a nice loan fee off a team.
If Steele does want to go though, then Rushworth as no2 and he plays cup games and the off Premier League game, with Bart a clear first choice.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Meh dunno. Don't want to do Ipswich any favours. I have a bit of an irrational hatred of them at the moment.
But in purely footballing terms it's ideal. They shouldn't be a direct rival, he gets a season in the premier league and we get 12 months to see how both he and Bart develop.

However, irrational dislikes are one of the cornerstones of football so I'm happy to lianhim to Southampton or Leicester instead.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
But in purely footballing terms it's ideal. They shouldn't be a direct rival, he gets a season in the premier league and we get 12 months to see how both he and Bart develop.

However, irrational dislikes are one of the cornerstones of football so I'm happy to lianhim to Southampton or Leicester instead.
I have an irrational hatred of Southampton, we can't lend him to them.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I’d like Verbruggen and Rushworth to be our two respectively. Sadly I think this leaves Steele moving on, but I think the head coach will want to assess them before anything happens

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’d like Verbruggen and Rushworth to be our two respectively. Sadly I think this leaves Steele moving on, but I think the head coach will want to assess them before anything happens
Yup.
People seem to be forgetting we have a new manager coming in.
Yes certain players will be loaned out without his input, but I'm certain the club will want him to assess the four GKs before making any decisions.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A season on loan at Ipswich would be perfect.

Ideally Steele stays.
Then Ipswich would have to buy Sarmiento if they want him next season too. Do we want to sell Sarmiento? - or Rushworth? They can't both go on loan to Ipswich - and isn't the Sarmiento lon deal that he stays another season if they get promoted (which they have)? That was certainly rumoured anyway.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Bart Steele scherpen beadle rushworth and ? Whom am I forgetting GT ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here