Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Carl Rushworth

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Hope we can keep him with us next season.

What absolute dross is disguised as 'sports journalism' on the internet.

'Ipswich monitor Brighton managerial situation'. :rolleyes:

Is Ipswich's head of recruitment's first job every morning to type 'What is Brighton's managerial situation?' into AskJeeves in case we've appointed someone and decided not to announce it?

Presumably, if they were interested in Rushworth, they would have asked us and we would either have said 'Yes', 'No' or 'Ask us again when we have a new coach' and he's taken a look at him. If the latter, I'm guessing they didn't respond 'Message recieved. We will be monitoring your search.'

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I take it that they want to BUY him (like Burnley bought Trafford last season). Examples of us selling to other PL teams 😂? Too many to list.
Ipswich aren’t Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea! Apart from those, give me 3 names on this long list of yours?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Hiheidi

Dec 27, 2022
Ipswich aren’t Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea! Apart from those, give me 3 names on this long list of yours?

Maupay to Everton? Does it matter, if they want to buy him and he pushes for it/the club think it's the optimal time to sell, it isn't the most unlikely thing to happen. Personally I hope he stays and competes with Bart next season, after that who knows.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I take it that they want to BUY him (like Burnley bought Trafford last season). They have already bid £20m for Hutchinson I gather. Examples of us selling to other PL teams 😂? Too many to list.
Unless Rushworth is pushing for a permanent move I can’t see Ipswich having any luck on the buying front. He’s got another 3 years on his current contract so we are in no rush to sell.

I imagine the new manager would want to look at him first before making a decision on if he stays to challenge Bart or it’s more beneficial for another season on loan somewhere, I expect a continental top flight loan somewhere would be the choice if it happens.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Maupay to Everton? Does it matter, if they want to buy him and he pushes for it/the club think it's the optimal time to sell, it isn't the most unlikely thing to happen. Personally I hope he stays and competes with Bart next season, after that who knows.
Too long a list to mention eh? You really do chat some shit don’t you!

Besides, Ipswich couldn’t afford a potential future England number 1.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think we loaned Christian Walton to death too.
Need to loan keepers out though otherwise they'll never develop. The alternative to Rushworth being loaned out over the last 3 seasons, where he made over 130 senior-level appearances, would be to have had him as 2nd-choice keeper playing 4-5 cup games but otherwise waiting for the rare occurence of a keeper injury or suspension.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Need to loan keepers out though otherwise they'll never develop. The alternative to Rushworth being loaned out over the last 3 seasons, where he made over 130 senior-level appearances, would be to have had him as 2nd-choice keeper playing 4-5 cup games but otherwise waiting for the rare occurence of a keeper injury or suspension.
Which is why I simply can't fathom the career choices made by Tom McGill in recent seasons.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Which is why I simply can't fathom the career choices made by Tom McGill in recent seasons.
I dunno he’s earnt a decent amount, got to travel to the US, Amsterdam, Athens, Marseille and Rome, you can add Japan to that list soon too. He gets an occasional game with the U23s and has had full international call ups.

No one is quite sure what his true level is, so he’s probably achieved more by not playing than he would have done if he’d dropped down the leagues in search of games. Also he’s probably able to provide a very good level of living for his family, maybe that is more important to him.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I dunno he’s earnt a decent amount, got to travel to the US, Amsterdam, Athens, Marseille and Rome, you can add Japan to that list soon too. He gets an occasional game with the U23s and has had full international call ups.

No one is quite sure what his true level is, so he’s probably achieved more by not playing than he would have done if he’d dropped down the leagues in search of games. Also he’s probably able to provide a very good level of living for his family, maybe that is more important to him.
Exactly, all the enjoyment of being a professional footballer without the hassle or need to actually play and potentially make a plonker of yourself. I'm sure he's enjoying himself but if he's not, he can leave and see about finding a club he might get to play at. The grass isn't always greener, maybe he is quite happy being a training goalkeeper and banking the cash without having to do anything for it.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Any truth in this and it's a permanent deal.
Not sure people realise but Ipswich have very wealthy and ambitious (fairly new) owners.
Definitely won't be selling him yet.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Any truth in this and it's a permanent deal.
Not sure people realise but Ipswich have very wealthy and ambitious (fairly new) owners.
Definitely won't be selling him yet.
Probably will if the offer is good enough. We have 3 seriously talented young keepers challending for one single spot: Bart (21), Rushworth (22) and Beadle (19). Chances are that two of them will need to be sold over the next 2-3 years.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Probably will if the offer is good enough. We have 3 seriously talented young keepers challending for one single spot: Bart (21), Rushworth (22) and Beadle (19). Chances are that two of them will need to be sold over the next 2-3 years.
We’ve also got Kjell Scherpen out on loan. Not as young but on a long term contract and still young in goalkeeper terms.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here